Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-10-2009, 12:37 PM   #1
beenwaitingalongtime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Unrefrigerated soy milk--still healthy?

We bought a case of organic soy milk at Costco--is super convenient just grabbing a box from our pantry ea. time we run out. It only has to be refrigerated once opened. This has me thinking that maybe it's been pasturized so much that there's not a whole lot of vits/minerals/healthy stuff left in it.
Anyone know?
DD's lactose intolerant, but doesn't use milk much at all so we end up tossing the refrigerated goat/soy milk and throwing money down the drain. This saves a lot of money, but if it's not benefitting her at all...

Advertisement

Old 01-11-2009, 05:30 PM   #2
sarahrichardson
Registered Users

Re: Unrefrigerated soy milk--still healthy?

What does the label say? I have a thing of the refrigerated kind - the off-brand but organic. I can tell you what my label says.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:10 PM   #3
tesslouise
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Unrefrigerated soy milk--still healthy?

There are just a couple of important things, and you covered one of them: It's organic. Is it fortified with calcium? Almost all non-dairy milks are nowadays. Be sure to shake it *really* well every time you use it b/c the calcium will settle on the bottom.
Amelia, married to Bear since 12/31/04; our daughter Rowan was born 8/6/09; our daughter Sapphira was born 8/17/12; due with DD3 6/17/15 (but after one two weeks late and one three weeks early, I'm not expecting a due-date baby!)
tesslouise is offline   Reply With Quote