Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-16-2006, 05:08 PM   #1
Merolu
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have a question

I have bought/traded for several LL, used. I just got three that are new and I didn't know they could be so soft! The question I have now is, how do I take care of the hemp soakers? I recall hearing that they need to be treated or something, but I am clueless. Someone help?

Advertisement

Last edited by Merolu; 05-16-2006 at 09:52 PM.
Merolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 09:11 PM   #2
christinewith4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Cool Re: I have a question

They dont need to be treated or anything to my knowledge... I have never did treated mine with anything and got most of them new...

You DO need to wash them (the hemp liners, inserts, & soakers) on the HOTTEST water setting on your washer ATLEAST once and then dry them on the hot setting on your dryer- its supposed to make them more absorbant per LL's website...

It says that the more they are washed, they are supposed to get more absorbant...I have been using mine for a couple months and absorb about the same as anything else does...

Hope this helps!

Last edited by christinewith4; 05-17-2006 at 09:12 PM.
christinewith4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 09:47 PM   #3
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:
Re: I have a question

Yep, I'm a LL freak and got many of them.. to include a few hemp soakers and many hemp foldable boosters. I don't think I care as to what I've thrown on the baby lately as it all goes in the wash, gets a prewash with cold then a regular wash with hot. Then tossed into the dryer on the second to hottest setting for the most part but once a week I'll toss them in on the hottest setting. Sounds much more complicated than it really is....
Old 05-17-2006, 11:00 PM   #4
Righteous Recycles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I remember throwing a hemp LL on ds and watching liquid drip right out the side. You have to wash it a couple of times on hot, perhaps a tiny amount of dish soap to strip the natural oils.
Righteous Recycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 04:25 PM   #5
Merolu
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I washed them in the hottest water my little washer could stand and they seem to be good now... I have a little non-electric washer and drying rack for my apartment, I can't afford cloth diapering if I have to go use the laundromat all the time, lol. I'll toss them in the clothes next time we have to use the laundromat, hopefully they'll get a little more absorbant. Thanks for your help!
Merolu is offline   Reply With Quote