Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-13-2009, 10:08 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
just tried it for the first time and he did it!

Seriously , I held him over the toilet jus tto give it a shot after reading a bit online yesterday and I was watching the top end, and instead he let go with the bottom end, but it was sooooo cool I barely had to wipe him off. And he seemed more comfortable afterward
Ah, Sammy is 4 months old! Any tips for starting this far in the game?
Are there any sweet links you would recommend? What about other people, what do I tell them when they start asking questions. It has been tricky with babywearing and clothdiapering so far

AMY, Wife to Bob, SAHM to Matthew 3/06 & Samuel 9/08 Welcome Baby Zeke! 2/21/11!!! Loves God, coffee, trees, cloth diapers

Last edited by ingodslove; 01-13-2009 at 04:13 PM. Reason: had a bit more time to finish:)
ingodslove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:36 AM   #2
Registered Users
Re: just tried it for the first time and he did it!

My LO is almost 7 mo and we just started about 2 weeks ago ... he also started 'going' right from the start - how amazing huh!?

But listen - Most people have looked at me like I'm out of my mind and or said they "can't believe it". DH was telling a long-time family friend (a 'conventional' nurse in a 'conventional' L&D at the hospital) who straight told him "It's not going to work he's too young". Well, he pees in his potty probably 4-6 times a day and we catch almost every poo (usually twice a day)... Too young? Ha! Seems like he's not young enough! I wish I'd have known about EC sooner!

Sorry, I got a little rambly there - but really, unless people know about this stuff, or are very open-minded, you're going to probably get weird looks/comments no matter what you say You just have to be ok with that! I'd definitely recommend Diaper Free by Ingrid Bauer if you can get a hold of it - that book has changed my life I swear! In fact, I've had my mom asking me for the book info because some people she knows have heard what we're doing and want to learn more

God's creation of our bodies is amazing, no?! I'm constantly taken aback by that thought as my son grows and develops - He's soooo awesome!!
Christ-following, EC'd, circ'd but non-vacc'd, ERF'd, crunchy, tattooed, organic & green, plant-based single SAHM , to my 100% natural-birthed DS lil herbivore boy! 6/19/08! Visit us!
PsyckoPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote