Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-14-2009, 06:30 AM   #1
sup3rmom2logan
Registered Users
seller

Baby has Staph infection

We are currently sitting in the hospital, we have been here since monday. My son has a staph infection on his butt. It came up from no where. What should I do with his diapers?? We ared using sposies here in the hospital, but I dont want to use them at home. Should I bleach them???

I feel like this is all my fault. His diapers were so smelly before, do you think they could have caused this???

melissa

Advertisement

Old 01-14-2009, 06:38 AM   #2
mmillerRN
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Baby has Staph infection

Yes, I say bleach them, but I don't think your dipes necessarily caused this. Staph is actually a common bacteria on the skin, and causes problems when it shows up elsewhere (like a wound). Much like e-coli is a normal bacteria in the intestine, but shouldn't show up anywhere else. I'd wait to use cloth until infection taken care of (so you're not over-bleaching the dipes), and then continue on.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:43 AM   #3
haydn'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Use a little bleach.
Unfortunately, this is a very common infection these days. Your child could have picked it up just about anywhere. As pp said, it is a common bacteria on the skin, but the type that your child has is not that type. It is community acquired methicillin resistant staph aureus. It most commonly causes skin infections, i.e. abscesses, and it is quite contagious. Has anyone in your family had a "spider bite" recently? That's what most people confuse it with.
Anywho, bleach your dipes, clean your household surfaces well(preferably with bleach), everyone practice good handwashing. Change your child's diapers frequently (dampness=broken skin=place for the bacteria to get in and infect). And don't be terribly surprised if your little one gets more of these. to both of you.
SO to my big papa, stepmom to the fabulous Ben, and mama to my tornado of destruction, Haydn 3.2.07, my precious monkey Emerson 9.8.09 and my two angel babies 1.20.13 and 3.1.13, and cautiously with a miracle
haydn'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:32 AM   #4
sup3rmom2logan
Registered Users
seller

It did come back as mrsa, so my hubby is at home cleaning the house. I am bleaching the diapers and going to buy some tide. I dont think that his dipes are getting clean enough. I dont think they caused the staph but they did cause the fungal infection that started this. We are hoping to go home tommorrow. Thanks guys.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:22 AM   #5
annanicole
Registered Users

My Mood:

Please be very careful. I would look into possibly some kind of an oxidizer like peroxide. Peroxide is very effective in killing staph. I would also look into getting the dipes tested once you get them completely washed. The antibiotics for MRSA are very harsh. I'd rather be 100% sure then subject a baby to those antibiotics....good luck. I wouldn't blame yourself how could you have known his diaper rash would turn into a mrsa infection

Good luck!
Old 01-15-2009, 07:24 AM   #6
mlhmrsdds
Registered
seller

My Mood:

i feel for you, my dd had a TERRIBLE diaper rash when she had diarreah a couple months ago, the doctor put her on some sort of medication to prevent the staph infection, she has a minor infection already in the rash. The sposies actually made it worse in the long run, but we had to cake so much cream on her I ended up using sposies for a couple days until I bought liners for the CD's. Best wishes for his quickly healing bum. Hang in there.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:20 PM   #7
rprimeau95
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup3rmom2logan View Post
It did come back as mrsa, so my hubby is at home cleaning the house. I am bleaching the diapers and going to buy some tide. I dont think that his dipes are getting clean enough. I dont think they caused the staph but they did cause the fungal infection that started this. We are hoping to go home tommorrow. Thanks guys.
Oh mama I know what you are going through my oldest when he was in the hospital contracted MRSA through his central line. True staph lives on the skin but MRSA is a different strand not the same at all.

Please visit this site to read how simple pure oil of oregano in studies/research have shown to be more effective than antibiotics eradicating MRSA, Influenza and other conditions.

We used this SuperStrength Oreganol P73 oil on my son's lungs bottom of his feet when he was on life support his lungs shut down due to a super antibiotic called vancomeyocin we also put it directly on his surgical wound sites and this can also be taken internally SuperStrength Oreganol P73 - 60 gelcaps for my kids they have been swallowing the children's kidĽeĽkare Gelcaps as a daily supplement to fight off all the stuff going around. They started when they were 2-3yrs old they are very small. You can drop the superstrength Oreganol oil in your laundry it would kill anything on those diapers. Also you can add drops to your hand soap, dish washing soap, body lotions however if you were to add to lotion I would recommend it is an all natural one for maximum benefits.

Below are some Research/Studies on Oregano Oil
http://p-73.com/pdf/staphresearch2.pdf

http://p-73.com/pdf/staphresearch.pdf

http://p-73.com/pdf/businessweekanthrax.pdf

here are some of the products that we have on hand in our home we would not be without. These we use on the children even when they were newborns from cuts to diaper rashes
kidĽeĽkare Rubbing Oil - 1 FL. OZ
Description:When it comes to taking supplements, children are picky, with the kidĽeĽkare Rubbing Oil, now you can apply it directly on the skin. Only the finest natural spice and herb oils are used. Rub all over the body, especially the spine, chest, shins, bottom of feet, gently on the forehead and behind the ears. Make sure to avoid contact with genitials and eyes. Safe for all ages. Apply as aften as needed. May also be taken internally, use two or three drops in juice or milk.

and the another we use on the children is

Oreganol P73 Cream - 2 FL. OZ
Description: Oreganol moisturizing cream is a powerful rejuvenating formula containing propolis, wild essential oils and wild honey. Ideal for all skin types, Oreganol cream is made with the highest-ranked antioxidants in the world. Plus, it's the only completely natural moisturizer made from wild high-mountain grown spices oils ideal for skin health. For best results use daily.

I hope this helps you out pm me I can share more if you have further questions. When my son contracted this hospital staph infection that is where MRSA was created I had just delivered my baby and we used this in our lotions and liquid soaps to ensure no one else contracted it. Heck I even swab our nostrils with the Oreganol P97 cream when the kids go out to school and church. MRSA if you don't know colonizes in the nose so I would recommend the P73 cream for that.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:27 PM   #8
meggiekins
Registered Users

I don't really have any advice, but don't blame yourself! You had no way to know. I would definitely use bleach, and also make sure you're washing them in really hot water. If you have a top loader or don't have a sanitize setting, I would add some boiling water to the hot cycle to help kill any extra bacteria.
meggiekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:51 PM   #9
supergirljennie
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I don't have any advice, but I just wanted to say that I hope your LO gets better quickly.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:56 PM   #10
leahcatherinesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just wanted to say that I am thinking of you and your ds and hope he's better soon.