Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-15-2009, 08:44 AM   #1
Outnumbered
Registered Users

My Mood:
Sleeping

Do your multiples co-sleep? With you? With each other? We have a crib and a cosleeper, but we're thinking we'll have them co-bed in their crib. Of course, we'll have them sleep however/wherever they sleep best.

Advertisement

Come Swag with me!
Outnumbered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:05 AM   #2
HippieMama74
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Sleeping

We have a crib like a sidecar to out bed. I nurse bathe and nurse them then put them both down in the bed around 10 usually. They root around until they fall asleep. Alyssa will not go to sleep until she gets right up under Alayna, it is so sweet. One usually will wake around 4 or 5 to nurse then the other one will wake around 7-8 to nurse. They take turns and switch out who wakes to nurse early. It's so funny because it seems like they seriously take turns. When they wake I put them in bed with me, latch them on and we go back to sleep until it's sissys turn. They sleep really good now so I am blessed!
Old 01-15-2009, 10:08 AM   #3
HippieMama74
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok I am really not an idiot, I just can't type, think and wrestle with a wiggling Alyssa all at the same time. LOL

I need to reread my responses before I hit post.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:13 PM   #4
RobertsMomma3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My daughters always had their own beds even from birth but for the first like 6 or so months (until they were big enough that they were bullying eachother) they slept together. When we converted them to toddler beds we would often find them in the morning sleeping together. They are now three and *sometimes* sleep together. Sometimes we still catch them in the morning in the same bed, so cute.
RobertsMomma3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 06:46 AM   #5
luvmyfluff
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When my twins came home from the hospital I had planned for them to sleep in the same room but different cribs. My daughter had an apnea monitor and I didn't want anyone get tangled in the cords. Anyway, that didn't last more than a couple nights because we have squeaky hardwood floors and everytime I would go in to get one baby or the other and/or return them to thier crib the squeaky floor would wake up the other sleeping baby. So I had my husband put one of the cribs in the other bedroom and they've had their own rooms ever since. Believe me, do whatever works!! You need your sleep!

Laura
luvmyfluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:15 AM   #6
rkirkeby
Registered Users
seller

We started out with them in the big arms reach co-sleeper, but now they are in bed with us in snuggle nest co-sleepers. Wondering what to do when they outgrow those...

NAK
Old 01-20-2009, 04:27 PM   #7
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

I don't have multiples, but I have a 2 year old and 3 year old boys who have slept with each other since the younger was born (with parents, too.)

Psychomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:18 AM   #8
esaesa
Registered Users

My Mood:

Those boys are adorable!

We only bought one crib, with the intention of them sleeping together. They did for a few nights (if you could even call what we did at the beginning sleeping). Then dd started sttn (at 2 weeks-1month) and ds refused to sleep unless he was being held or in swing. So dd got the crib and ds slept in the swing near the running dryer or in our room b/c when he woke up it was holy terror screaming and he would wake his sis up. Then the swing quit working for sleep so he moved into bed w/ us. Eventually I got to nervous having mobile people in my bed with hard sleeping dh. Now, (they are 11 months) each person has their own room. Each room has a crib/packnplay and a twin mattress on the floor. They go to bed close to the same time, if they wake before I go to bed they nurse or are rocked in the living room. If it is after I go to bed, I lie on the mattress with them and either go back to sleep or sneak away. Recently we tried putting them in the crib together, they both screamed. I wanted them to cosleep, but I guess now they have just got used to their own space. When I nightwean in a month or so, I may put them in the same room and see if we can't reclaim some of our space.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:39 PM   #9
nuggetsmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

We had grand asprirations of co-cribbing, but ended up with both of them in swings, one in their room, one in ours til they were 4 mos. and even then our "youngest" would swing to sleep for a couple more months.....At 6 mos. or so we finally got them in their own cribs in the same room. Just do what works for you.....they'll let you know!
nuggetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 07:52 AM   #10
Sam25!
Registered Users
seller

I never so slept with my twins. They always slept together either in there cradle when they really little, and then in the crib until they both got there own beds then they slept seperatley. At first we had to have their toddler beds pushed together so they felt like they were still in the same bed. Now they sleep by them selves.