Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-25-2010, 06:37 PM   #1
buggylovemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
does anyone here convert BG OS to snaps?

Interested in knowing how much this would run and if I'd get leaks on the front part of the diaper from doing this. Thanks pm or post

Advertisement

Old 02-25-2010, 09:24 PM   #2
*LizziesLoops*
Registered Users
Formerly: angelami4
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: does anyone here convert BG OS to snaps?

search in wahm wares...theres a few in there...I've used sassy sweet studios by diaperdoc I think her name is...I hope I havent gotten it mixed up She did a great job with our bgos
~Amy Eddie: Heather (1/7/2007), Mikayla (11/4/2009), an angel baby (3/29/11), and Michael Edward(3/22/12) We are now expecting baby #4 in January 2014!!!

*LizziesLoops* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:29 PM   #3
reesesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There are a few . . . but it is pricey! I am thinking of doing a few. My velcro is shot after 20+ mos.

Working Mama, trying to stay on cloth FT
reesesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:46 PM   #4
Fleece Be With You
Registered Users
OperaDiva
seller

I think it generally runs a little over $3 a diaper plus shipping both ways, unless you can find someone near you who has a snap press. I ended up just buying my own snap pliers from kamsnaps.com, but I can understand why it costs that much, in fact it should cost more between the labor and the cost of the snap parts themselves! It took me a good 2 hours to do my first one, but less for each subsequent diaper as I'm figuring them out better.
Jessica, wife to L (8-5-05) Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, non-vaxing, CDing, ECing, babywearing Mama to H (9-18-09), my miracle baby! TTC #2!
I make and sell Fleece side-snap ConvertoTrainers! WAHM page Hyenacart Facebook Page
My Ovulation Chart
Fleece Be With You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:55 PM   #5
BC Mom
Registered Users

My Mood:

Tinkle Traps does them for $1.75 per dipe (plus shipping), 10% off for 12 or more. Shipping isn't so bad since pockets without inserts are so light. HTH

http://tinkletraps.com/store/WsDefault.asp?One=266
Old 02-25-2010, 11:01 PM   #6
Nightowl Jan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OperaDiva View Post
I think it generally runs a little over $3 a diaper plus shipping both ways, unless you can find someone near you who has a snap press. I ended up just buying my own snap pliers from kamsnaps.com, but I can understand why it costs that much, in fact it should cost more between the labor and the cost of the snap parts themselves! It took me a good 2 hours to do my first one, but less for each subsequent diaper as I'm figuring them out better.
I am thinking of getting the pliers too...have you tried out the newly snapped diaper? Does it leak from the snaps? Do you find that it works just fine, good fit and stuff?

thanks!
Old 02-25-2010, 11:09 PM   #7
Fleece Be With You
Registered Users
OperaDiva
seller

I LOVE the newly snapped diapers! No leaks from the snaps at all, and I used one overnight. I did 2 rows of snaps, and the fit is a little strange on the first few I did, but once I realized I could offset the bottom snap on the tab, that fixed it for me! So on my tabs the snaps look like this (edited to make the diagram work, ignore the underlines and imagine the asterisks are the snaps and the lines in the middle are the edges of the tabs where they meet when the diaper is closed):

___* | | *___
*___ | | ___*

I made sure I measured the tab snaps against the already placed snaps on the tummy so the bottom one would be one over from the top one. I hope that makes sense, if not I will try to post a pic tomorrow.
Jessica, wife to L (8-5-05) Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, non-vaxing, CDing, ECing, babywearing Mama to H (9-18-09), my miracle baby! TTC #2!
I make and sell Fleece side-snap ConvertoTrainers! WAHM page Hyenacart Facebook Page
My Ovulation Chart

Last edited by Fleece Be With You; 02-25-2010 at 11:12 PM.
Fleece Be With You is offline   Reply With Quote