Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-15-2009, 07:56 PM   #31
Amiwelch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I'm a Tide Convert.

I was just coming here to ask which detergent do ya'll think is best. I've been having pee-pee stink issues. And this was the first thread listed, YAY! I'll be heading out tomorrow to buy some Tide.
Oh, and what does HE stand for? As in Tide HE.

Nevermind, I just figured it out, LOL!

Advertisement

Last edited by Amiwelch; 01-15-2009 at 07:58 PM.
Amiwelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:04 PM   #32
Lovefam6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I though free and clear detergents put a coating on the dipes. I've always heard Tide regular if you're going that way, which we may, LOL.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:09 PM   #33
emcamm
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I really want to try Tide HE powder. The liquid wasn't working for us as we had to do a bazillion rinses to get it all out even when we were only using less than half the way to the 1 line. I'm hesitant because I really want to keep to using natural products. Maybe the fact that I'm using cloth offsets the non natural Tide?
Old 01-15-2009, 08:15 PM   #34
MizzuzHowell
Registered
seller

My Mood:

I have used Charlies and got stinkies, then switched to Tide Free and it got better, but not perfect. Then I got a front loader 2 weeks ago and switched to regular Tide HE. For the first week my diapers were just PERFECT!! Now in week 2 they are dingy and stinky. I'm pretty sure it's not the Tide though, I just think I'm doing something wrong with my new washer and I don't know what. I'm glad that so many of you mamas use Tide HE, so I know it's just me and my washer with the problem.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:47 PM   #35
Stacy'n'Kids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsonicfan View Post
I have a front loader. Is it really necessary to do so many rinses (someone said 5 rinses?) Egads, the water bill!
No, it's not. My HE washer does 4 rinses automatically with every cycle. (I didn't realize this until I looked it up in the manual). But there's not a lot of water involved in those rinses.
Stacy'n'Kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:49 PM   #36
brandythomp
Registered Users

Thanks, mamas! I have been so confused by what I have read in on-line forums and posts. I just bought some Charlie's yesterday and read last night that it can cause chemical burn, especially on newborns...yikes! I just need the simple easy approach, and what I can get from my local grocery store! I'll use Tide HE powder halfway to the 1 line from now on!
brandythomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:50 PM   #37
Stacy'n'Kids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2jmwjaw View Post
I just started using Tide also. The regular kind. Surprizingly my boys haven't broken out from it. They have eczema very bad and everything breaks them out. I LOVE Tide!!!
Me too! My son had HORRIBLE eczema from the "natural" detergents I was using. Since switching to Tide, he has NO eczema!!!
Old 01-15-2009, 08:55 PM   #38
Trista
Registered Users
Formerly: olive branch baby

My Mood:

I love Tide HE. We've used it on diapers for 3 years and always have clean, stink-free diapers.

I use 1 extra rinse (I use my "whites" cycle and it does an extra rinse automatically).

Total fabric & supplies selloff going on now at: http://hyenacart.com/OBBdiapers/
Trista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:57 PM   #39
Stacy'n'Kids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcamm View Post
I really want to try Tide HE powder. The liquid wasn't working for us as we had to do a bazillion rinses to get it all out even when we were only using less than half the way to the 1 line. I'm hesitant because I really want to keep to using natural products. Maybe the fact that I'm using cloth offsets the non natural Tide?
The liquid has more additives in it- to keep it in liquid form.

I was using natural detergents on our laundry and diapers for a long time... I use organic shampoos, deodorants, etc, so using natural detergents was important to me. But with Planet, Mountain Green, Crunchy Clean, and Simply Clean, I had stains and STINKS in my diapers. And DH's work clothes were stinky and stained after I washed them. I switched to Tide, and everything is CLEAN for the first time in a long time.

Sure... I want natural products whenever possible- as long as they work! But when we're dealing with pee and poop... I want to make sure the diapers are getting CLEAN. Stinky diapers mean there's bacteria and all kinds of yuckiness in there. I think the germs and stinkies and bacteria are probably worse than the additives in the Tide.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:58 PM   #40
Milo'smom
Registered Users

My Mood:

I was feeling daring a few nights ago and tried Tide, and much to my surprise my dipes came out with no stains for the first time!!!!! I had been using arm and hammer free and kirklands free brand with oxyclean and had stains every time. Why is tide not recommended by manufacturers of diapers? I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Milo'smom is offline   Reply With Quote