Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-15-2009, 09:00 PM   #41
markswife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I'm a Tide Convert.

Can you use the HE tide if your washer isn't HE?

Advertisement

Last edited by markswife; 01-15-2009 at 09:03 PM.
markswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:12 PM   #42
markswife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh and i wanted to add..........thank you so much for this thread! i'd really like to ditch all the additives i use in my laundry--oxy clean, baking soda, vingar, dawn, bleach, etc. i'd love to use just a scoop of detergent and be good to go! thanks for the courage to switch mamas!

Last edited by markswife; 01-15-2009 at 09:13 PM.
markswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:20 PM   #43
megansmommy75
Registered Users

What about the rashes and the sensitivities? None of your babies are having a problem? Is the tide for prefolds as well as BGs and HHs and all the other diapers out there?
megansmommy75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:23 PM   #44
romanlili
Banned
seller

My Mood:

I also use the original Tide and love it! Things that I thought for sure were going to stain came out clean.

As for sensitive skin, my husband has horribly sensitive skin. If he scratches his arm or something he gets this HUGE red welt. But tide works great for us.
romanlili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:36 PM   #45
aggfan
Registered Users
seller

I say, use Tide and see if it works. It's always highly rated by Consumer Reports as a detergent and has the highest customer loyalty of almost any product. Which doesn't matter at all if it doesn't work for you, but definitely makes it worth trying if you aren't philosophically opposed.

i quickly realized that there is so much conflicting washing advice that the only way I could keep sane was to keep it simple, which meant Tide. I use almost to the 1 line on the new concentrated Liquid Tide and I haev an old top loader. I've used various Tides- Bleach Alternative, Tide Free - and they all seem the same. I do have to rinse 2-3 times, though.

I did still have EBF stains, but almost never have any other stains. I almost never have daytime stink and occasionally have stink in an overnight diaper.
aggfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:45 PM   #46
WynneBabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Loving Tide HE Powder for my FL here too. I want to rotate using it with my natural detergents to use them up, but Tide does such a superior job that I don't want to!
Old 01-15-2009, 10:19 PM   #47
Stacy'n'Kids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Okay, here's my

Is Tide recommended by cloth diaper manufacturers? No. Why not? Because it can break down the PUL in pockets and AIOs, and the elastic in covers, AIOs and pockets. The reason it is "harsh" on diapers is because it contains additives.

But there was a thread a few days back about how peoples' diapers were giving out after a year- and look at how many people ask about replacing ruined elastic and parts of their diapers. Cloth diapers don't last forever... Not much does.

Now my thinking is this: You can use Tide, and get your diapers clean and stain-free. It seems to eliminate the need for "stripping" in most cases- that means no bleach, vinegar, baking soda, etc. No need for tons of hot washes and rinses to get rid of build-up. No worrying about how to strip diapers that have stains or stinkies. To me, the regular stripping has to be harder on the diapers than the detergent is.

So when I was deciding if I'd take the leap to Tide instead of sticking with my other more "diaper safe" detergents, I asked myself this question: Would I rather have a simple wash routine where I use one detergent and it gets my diapers CLEAN, stain- and-stink-free, or would I rather use something milder so I can possibly extend the life of my diapers a little bit?

I chose Tide.
Stacy'n'Kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:31 PM   #48
MommyMondry
Registered Users

My Mood:

I started out using Planet, but it never got my CD's clean and I dealt with ALOT of stink! I was stripping the dipes constantly. Once someone recommended Tide, I have never looked back - and haven't had to strip the dipes once! [/QUOTE]

Ya, I'm using Planet and my dipers constantly stink. I can't figure it out and it's driving me nutty. Maybe I'll try the Tide. Do you have a TL? How much Tide do you use? (liquid right?)

Last edited by MommyMondry; 01-16-2009 at 09:10 AM.
MommyMondry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:37 PM   #49
MommyMondry
Registered Users

My Mood:

One more thing. Do you all use the 2x or 3x detergent. Is that ok to use? Just use less? Cause here in CA, they don't sell any of the original detergents anymore. It's all 2x and 3x.

Thanks!
Old 01-15-2009, 10:54 PM   #50
codiaper
Registered Users
seller

Thanks ladies! I'm going to have to switch. Maybe I can use cloth at night again.

Just a few questions to clarify. If I have a front loader, fill almost to the 1 line? Is this for the powdered and liquid? Do most of you agree that the regular (not f/c) powdered is best? Also, this may sound like a really dumb question, but do I put the powder in the detergent cup or directly in the washer? If I remember correctly, my manual said to only put liquid in the dispenser, but it didn't mention anything about powdered.

Thanks...and good night.
codiaper is offline   Reply With Quote