Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-05-2006, 09:14 AM   #31
4BoysMom
Registered Users

Re: Splenda??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenonyx View Post
I tried Stevia about 6 years ago and hated it;.
stevia unlike sugar actually can taste different depending on the brand (because some have fillers and stuff) so you might like a different brand... some has fiber (fos) others don't.

Advertisement

Haven't joined the swagbucks craze yet? I've earned $85 in amazon gcs, so can you!
Easy Lunch Boxes - The Best LunchBoxes Easylunchboxes.com
4BoysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 11:17 AM   #32
jenmcfar
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4BoysMom View Post
stevia unlike sugar actually can taste different depending on the brand (because some have fillers and stuff) so you might like a different brand... some has fiber (fos) others don't.
That's good to know...maybe it was the brand I tried then? I really hated the aftertaste. Has anyone else had that problem?
Old 12-06-2006, 03:17 AM   #33
*~Mindy~*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i liked the powdered stevia better than the liquid.

and tiffani, i thought of something, the cookies thing, porbably because there were less ingredients, you got less cookies, but thats a BIG difference too, so maybe big cookies plus lots less ingredients did it? lol
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 05:14 AM   #34
wass726
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My belated two cents: brown rice syrup - also low on the glycemic index, much healthier for you and tastes yummy - great for baking, not so much for sweetening drinks, for that I also vote for stevia. you can even grow stevia in your garden with other herbs.
wass726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 07:28 PM   #35
newuanda
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by presleycaedmon View Post
Splenda is not natural nor is it healthy.
http://www.nspforum.com/bbs.cgi?read=14751

I would urge you to stop using it. We used Splenda for years in our house until I did some research on it. Now we use Stevia. It's a 100% natural sweet herb that is not chemically altered in any way and contains zero calories.
Yup stevia is great. I inform people not to use splenda especially if there are kidney problems. Splenda has been known to cause serious kidney problems. If you can - use real sugar. When I was in nursing school we did a lot of research on sweeteners and the oldest on in the book - sweet n low - actually proved to be the safest. Many have come on the market and gone due to the effects. Several of the popular sweeteners are actually used in making bombs.

Before deciding on a sweetener of any kind though - I urge you to not take our word for it but to look up the good and bad sides of what you want to use.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:08 AM   #36
mikkismama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenmcfar View Post
That's good to know...maybe it was the brand I tried then? I really hated the aftertaste. Has anyone else had that problem?

Yes, that stuff is horrrid. I can't use it alone. I usually just use it to reduce my sugar. So I do half the sugar I would normally use in my coffee, etc, and a bit of stevia. That works well.