Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-18-2009, 08:28 PM   #11
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I am so jealous...

I hear you mama!!!

Some people make pregnancy look so easy!!

I ALWAYS thought I would have three kids. But after two losses, and two bedrested pregnancies I feel like we have tempted fate and made it through.

But my babe will be 8 months next week and I am already missing having a newborn.

Advertisement

Old 01-18-2009, 08:33 PM   #12
Dorothy'smom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I feel the same. Charlotte is only a week and a half old and I already feel deep sadness about only being able to have 2, but I am similar to Julie... bedrest and 3 losses, so 2 is it.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:15 PM   #13
duck411
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I tell ya what. . . If you can convince my hubby to have more than 4 - I'll have one for each of ya!!! And you can live vicariously through me...or just move in and help out....what do you think? Oh me... Don't mean to offend anyone or anything like that - I just love being pregnant and love having babies. But it's sooooo hard living out on your own w/ no close relatives nearby to help out sometimes. I almost think surrogacy would be ideal for me.... but dh couldn't handle it, ya know? So... convince him we need to have more than 4.... of course, we are just going on our 2nd.
Celia -Wife to Garrett. WAHM to Reese (5) & Brooke (3). EDD for #3 11-17-2013.
duck411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:51 PM   #14
beckstar
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i at least got hubs to listen to my thoughts about another child...of course, he sees the financial burden of it...i see the kids having playmates...coming home for holidays...sigh.

he mentioned getting a 'v' and i started crying...seems just so permanent.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:05 PM   #15
duck411
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckstar View Post
i at least got hubs to listen to my thoughts about another child...of course, he sees the financial burden of it...i see the kids having playmates...coming home for holidays...sigh.

he mentioned getting a 'v' and i started crying...seems just so permanent.
awww. DH and I have already agreed that neither of us will ever be "intentionally" sterilized. kwim? I mean. I am high risk for cervical and ovarian cancer - it runs strongly in my family and even my mom had to have an ovary removed in her early twenties... then a full hysterectomy at 27. So... we're just hoping and praying that doesn't happen to me. And if not....I hope to be fruitful and multiply til I hit menopause.... provided we can afford it... and hubby doesn't absolutely say NO. He's not completely against more than 4
Old 01-19-2009, 06:41 PM   #16
MommyKeller0107
Registered Users
seller

I've only got my one DS right now... but I'm definately jealous of those who are getting bfps / are pregnant right now! I live vicariously through this board & the ttc board until one day when we can begin trying for our second! I think the only thing that keeps me sane most days when baby fever hits is that I do enjoy watching Kade grow & learn new things everyday, and as soon as the next one gets here, most of my time will be spent on him/her instead of being able to watch ds explore his world.
Most people complain because they feel like they are growing too old to continue in motherhood ... but I'm complaining because I'm just too young! (I hate that age is an issue when it comes to being a mother! Who's to say you're too young or too old to have babies! As long as you're mature...) If I was only even a year or two ahead in life, I would be going for it this month & next month ttc my october dream! (We're originally going to try for an october baby, but we'll obviously continue on if it takes longer than two months)

It's so heartbreaking because all I want is to finally enjoy pregnancy & the infancy stage, instead of just worrying and hurrying through it because of what I look like to other people, or trying to deal with that & finishing school. I feel so much older than I am, and in my mind I'm ready, I just don't seem like it to outsiders.. so Hopefully these boards will help keep my longing at bay, at least for another year or two

- Hugs to you OP & PP , I hope you know that you are not alone!

L0Ri K

MAMA T0 KADE (1/07)
LEVi (09/10)!

:: & RUBY ♥ ::

Last edited by MommyKeller0107; 01-19-2009 at 06:44 PM.
MommyKeller0107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:41 PM   #17
duck411
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyKeller0107 View Post
I've only got my one DS right now... but I'm definately jealous of those who are getting bfps / are pregnant right now! I live vicariously through this board & the ttc board until one day when we can begin trying for our second! I think the only thing that keeps me sane most days when baby fever hits is that I do enjoy watching Kade grow & learn new things everyday, and as soon as the next one gets here, most of my time will be spent on him/her instead of being able to watch ds explore his world.
Most people complain because they feel like they are growing too old to continue in motherhood ... but I'm complaining because I'm just too young! (I hate that age is an issue when it comes to being a mother! Who's to say you're too young or too old to have babies! As long as you're mature...) If I was only even a year or two ahead in life, I would be going for it this month & next month ttc my october dream! (We're originally going to try for an october baby, but we'll obviously continue on if it takes longer than two months)

It's so heartbreaking because all I want is to finally enjoy pregnancy & the infancy stage, instead of just worrying and hurrying through it because of what I look like to other people, or trying to deal with that & finishing school. I feel so much older than I am, and in my mind I'm ready, I just don't seem like it to outsiders.. so Hopefully these boards will help keep my longing at bay, at least for another year or two

- Hugs to you OP & PP , I hope you know that you are not alone!
And props to you for working and going to school and being a mom! I was going to school full-time when DD was born, classes started the day she was born... of course, I wasn't there until the next week.... But after that semester... DH and I decided to put my education on the back burner. We've been fortunate enough not to need a second income and so we've decided to have all the kids we're gonna have, me enjoy being a SAHM, and then get them to school age (if we don't homeschool) and then I will go back to school..... .unless... i decide to do a few from home courses to slowly finish my degree - since I'm not that far behind... I just can't make up my mind what I wanna do - because right now... the only thing on my mind is kiddos kiddos kiddos! And.... FLUFF FLUFF FLUFF!!! I swear - shopping for DD and the new baby fluff is like being on crack and looking for my next hit or something... (sorry - not real up with drug lingo - a good thing i would think ) Prefolds, Yummy Fabric, and Wool are my weaknesses! Well... maybe not as much of a weakness as my Mexican food cravings! ing for another chimichanga!!!!!
Old 01-20-2009, 02:02 PM   #18
cakeums
Registered Users
Formerly: mn***r
seller

My Mood:

mamas! DH and I are pretty certain that if this baby is a boy, we'll be done...I have had 5 losses and then preterm labor followed by almost 11 weeks of bedrest with DD, plus I'm Type II diabetic. If this baby is a girl and the pregnancy goes better than DD's, then we're 99% sure we'll go for #3, but if this pregnancy is tougher or it's a boy then we very well may be done. It's hard to think about because I'm only 25, and DH is only 26 (almost 27).
cakeums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:34 AM   #19
~stacy~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was convinced that #2 would be our last when I was preggo with him and for about 20 months after. I was completely sure of myself and was willing to let my DH get a "v" and everything. Well, he didn't get it done for whatever reason and I am starting to get the baby fever again too. My two pregnancies were tough, but not terrible (#1 was 5.5 weeks early and #2 I started getting steady contractions at 30 weeks so a little stressful, but ok). I am still on the fence....

Mostly I wanted to say thanks for starting this thread. I have been wondering how mama's decide this will be their last child. I know it must be different for everyone. And maybe if my DH had that "v" I wouldn't even be going there now. But maybe I would have just been full of regret too. Things change sometimes especially when it comes to deciding what your family will look like ... If I had a more serious medical problems it would tip me over to deciding against more. But like the OP, I think the desire wouldn't go away... *sigh* It's a tough place to be...
Old 02-10-2009, 01:03 AM   #20
momof4girls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommymilk View Post
Of all you pregnant ladies!

I know that DH and I made the right decision to stop having babies (2 out of 3 were NICU, I am miserable pregnant, pre-e all three times, chronic hypertension...plus I have muscular dystrophy) but darn it, I WANT MORE! I was so afraid of my first, and my second had a horrid infancy so I don't feel like I got to enjoy them at all...I am loving my baby girl, who is 7 months old today! They grow too fast! I don't want to give up this part of my life yet! I am only 30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know I should feel grateful for the 3 I have...and I am. Just so sad I am not having any more!

Im there with you too!!
I didnt have any NICU babes, but had pre-e with dd#2 (bedrest and bp meds from month 3, induced early) and #4 (bp meds from month 3, pre-e escalated at end of 36 wks so induced early).
Doc told me I shouldnt have any more. Asked if I wanted to die, or have to deliver baby really early due to pre-e. And mentioned Im not getting any younger (Im 35 in March). Told me not to be greedy...that I had 4 beautiful, healthy girls that need their mom. sigh...... And my bp hasnt improved since delivery like with dd#2..even on the meds.

I was going to have tubes tied (and hubby have a v...it takes nothing for me to get preg when we decide to have another), but decided not to after 3 nurses telling me side effects they had that the docs didnt tell them about. Hubby agreed for me NOT to have it done. So I have an IUD now.
PLUS, the moment dd#4 was born, I was ready for another. THose up most of the nite fussy times didnt bother me at all... I have enjoyed them. DH has been up during fussy time and said, "You still want another"? Heck yea!! I feel like I didnt enjoy my other kids nearly as much as this one. Maybe its because Im afraid there wont be another.

Seeing pregnant women on tv, ultrasounds/deliveries on tv...makes me cry. I never expected to be this way!! But I want to be done when IM done..not someone telling me to be done.
Now hubby says no more because he wants me to be around much longer. I tell him I will be ok...its a pattern....this preg would have no complications (like I know for sure).
So Im working on loosing weight in hopes that my bp will go down within the next 2 yrs.
Ok, sorry this is so long. But its nice to talk to others that understand!
Thanks for listening.
CDing, sometimes BWing & , , selective/delayed vaxing, SAHM. Trying to talk DH into TTC baby #5.
momof4girls is offline   Reply With Quote