Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-17-2009, 08:21 AM   #21
chickenmonkeybaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: "She'll be a delayed crawler/walker because her diaper is so big"...

I have a fitteds and wool baby who crawled at 5 months and walked at 9 months, so that theory is out the window.

(I too was cloth diapered as a child and walked at 10 months).

Advertisement

Old 01-17-2009, 08:22 AM   #22
stephy4632
Licensed Knitter
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

thats BS both of my DD`s where walking by 9months old my ODD was crawling at 4months and my YDD at 5months and we use mostly bulky pocket change diapers with both inserts at that time frame but also had GM, Mutt , piddle poddle , FB you get the idea I am alittle addicted to my cloth but I say if anything the extra back there made them better walkers since they had alittle more to hall around LOL.
stephy4632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:24 AM   #23
StayAtHomeMama
Registered Users
seller

lol That makes me laugh... my girls have no problems with that. My family and my in-laws told me I'd have a ton more blowouts because I was using cloth... I laughed at them when she had her first blowout because they had put her in a sposie while I was out. Ruined those pretty little store-bought pants MIL loved so much. Your baby will be fine. If you're really worried, ask your ped, but honestly, it's a bunch of bs. She'll be fine when she gets a little bigger. Think also, would you be more uncomfy wearing a piece of chemical paper, or a nice piece of fluff? Fluff may be a little big, but must still feel so much better.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:31 AM   #24
Elena"s Mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, you can tell them that my DD walked at 9 months
people can be so ignorant
Elena"s Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:08 AM   #25
CherryPie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My dd walked at 10 months and was in cloth from day one.

My ds2 is crawling and pulling up and he just turned 8 months.

GetSafeScents.com- New Spring/Summer 2014 catalog is out!
Join Scentsy | Scentsy Closeout Section
Follow me on Instagram: @SarahB00)
CherryPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:34 AM   #26
kimnlogan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm glad to read this... I am having the same issues in my head. My poor little guy just LOVES to have his dipes off so he can lift his legs up and grab his knees (and his penis of course... he is a boy ya know!). He can't do all this with his dipes on. Glad to know it's not going to slow him down!
kimnlogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:56 PM   #27
lexmas
Registered Users
seller

Yeah, it has nothing to do with it. We EC as well as CD, so DS spent tons of time nakeybutt or in undies in his first year, and he was late on walking and crawling. Didn't help him out at all.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:59 PM   #28
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

lets see.....my older niece was in sposies and didnt walk til 16 months. my daughters were both in cloth and older dd waslked at 12 months. my younger niece was in cloth and walked at 15 months...i dont think it has anything to do with the diapers when i worked in the church nursery all the kids wore sposies and some walked early and some walked late
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:01 PM   #29
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My husbands cousins were all cloth diapered because they lived an hour and a half from a store so cloth was more convieneint for them. His oldest cousin is now 21 and he walked 9 months!! And was running at 10! My baby has been in sposies until two weeks ago (and he still uses them at daycare) he is 10 months and is no where near walking. It's the baby not the diaper. Also, if she is a BIG or small baby she may be a delayed walker anyway nothing about the dipaer. My boy was born at 11lbs 7 oz they have warned me not to expect him to be super early on walking because he has such a huge frame to get moving. My nephew didn't walk until 18 months (always in sposies I might add) because he was really small and didn't grow well. I would ignore them, but I know it;s hard. My mom doesn't even know I'm cd yet because I hide it from her. She is very judgemental and hated cd herself (only used them for 3 weeks on my oldest brother) and so anything I do that is not just like her she makes very rude comments about. So I can tell you to let it roll off your back, but I haven't taken my own advice yet.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:13 PM   #30
mommyof3co
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Lol that's crazy. Let's see my older 2 were just in sposies my oldest crawled at 6mo and walked at 10mo. My 2nd army crawled at 7mo up on his hands and knees at 11mo and walked at 14 1/2mo. My youngest has been cloth diapered since 4mo 100% of the time, part time since 2mo. He crawled at 6mo and walked at 10mo...in his goodmamas lol. He is also very small, he's now 16mo and just now 20lbs and he wears them all the time and is chasing his big brothers