Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-19-2009, 07:21 AM   #11
tranquilseeker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Afraid of PF's!!

I always get a dozen or two pfs as fillers in my stash for my newborns. But dh always uses them (he is the pf folding king!!!). I was always scared of snappi-ing a newborn so I'd eventually sell and go to fitteds. I recently bought about two dozen pfs for my 10 month old and am LOVING them. I have LL unbleached and a handful of gmd browns (which I haven't exactly tried on him just yet). They wash up so easy (I was sooo sick of picking lint out of the leg elastic on my fitteds), dry so easy, and I can't believe it's taken me three kids to come around

If you don't care about your covers the easiest way is to just fold them in the covers. I use snappi's though and they contain very well. I've even gotten so good at snappi-ing that I can use wool soakers without worrying about them getting soiled.

Needless to say, I'm proud of myself for taking the plunge and finding the pf love

Advertisement

tranquilseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:33 AM   #12
ouchienurse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We started with a diaper service so pf's were our option. We just trifold and place in a cover. No oragami or pins/snappi's needed. We LOVE them. We actually got a whole bunch of BG's for Christmas (our nighttime diaper) and DH asked if he could still use the pf's because he missed them I do love that man. I told him I didn't car as long as something was on her bum
Old 01-19-2009, 08:36 AM   #13
adviga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We used prefolds almost exclusively on our firstborn and I think prefolds will always be my first love! I'm trying fitteds now with our second, but I see them as a luxury item, whereas my prefolds are a staple. I could CD without fitteds but not without prefolds!

I love prefolds because they are versatile for the situation, the child's shape and size, and they are so cute because they are so traditional! Pins are not a huge deal and, again, they are versatile! I've used my diaper pins for other things around the house (and for quick fixes on my clothing!) as well. Once you have a bit of practice with the pins you'll be a pro.

Yes, if you do a "how to fold cloth diapers" search on google or, as the others were suggesting, look for tutorials, you'll find a lot of helpful info. Also a lot of the sites that sell prefolds have tutorials on folding them. Print the tutorials out and put them by your changing table for quick reminders. You'll probably come up with your favorite folds pretty quick and won't need the printouts anymore! And ask lots of questions if you need more info!
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate. Psalm 127:3-5
adviga is offline   Reply With Quote