Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-20-2009, 09:40 AM   #11
MrsGoose
Registered Users

Re: "safest dipes" (resale value?)

thanks ladies! This really helps!

Advertisement

MrsGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:46 AM   #12
Momof3tobe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know I am late in responding. I agree with PPs that said not to buy in bulk. When I was buying things, I bought one or two of a diaper. You will find what works for your LO and you that way. GL!
I will say that I sold off a few things that I did not like in the begining, but now wish I had kept some of them! Keep that in mind also.
HTH
Old 01-20-2009, 10:40 AM   #13
sasra_nu
Registered Users
seller

I agree with what other posters have said!

If I were starting over, I'd buy one of whatever I think I'm interested in off FSOT - even if they are not in brand new condition. You can then get an idea of what you think you like, without spending a ton on new dipes. You can resell the ones you don't like, and buy more of what you do - new if you want.
sasra_nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:21 AM   #14
Apple_Dumplin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I forgot to add in my earlier post...

You can do a peak in the FSOT forums to see what seems to be selling the best. Right now everything is slow, but I understand it will pick back up again around tax return time. We got almost all our diapers off FSOT, and almost all of them are GAD's. They seem to be one that holds value pretty well.

Good luck!

ISO: OBGE's in like new or VGUC in Sassy, Ribbit, and Noodle- Please PM me!
Apple_Dumplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:29 AM   #15
nktigger99
Banned
seller

My Mood:

I guess I am in the minority. I am glad that I bought in bulk because the first few months after my son was born was really crazy for us...surgeries,illness and such.

When I was preggo with my son I bought 30 BGOS 3.0 and they have worked out great for us and now that I am having # 2 so soon after my son was born I am even happier about my choice. I have plenty of diapers...I also use prefolds and a few BSRBs. I have traded off 4 of my BGOS diapers to try other things...but all in all I do not regreat it!
nktigger99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:07 PM   #16
mpink22
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Also, what may have a great resell today - may not tomorrow! It took me a year of trial and error to decide what we really liked. I would totally agree with buying a few of a lot of different things off of FSOT. That way, if your LO only wears it a couple of times and you don't like it, you haven't lost that much when you go to resell it. You may lose a dollar or two or less plus shipping on a used dipe that you resell (if it is in the same condition as when you bought it) where on a new dipe you probably lose about 3 or 4 plus shipping when you resell it. Another thing to consider is sensitivities to a certain material. You would hate to stock up on GMs, just to find that your LO has a sensitivity to OBV or on BG and there is a sensitivity to suedecloth.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:49 PM   #17
Emmaleigh3699
Registered Users
seller

Buy prefolds in bulk get a good stash of prefolds (say 2 dozen) and one of each diaper you want to try. Prefolds are easy (also I'd only get one of a few different covers - there are some covers I really hate now and I'd never get velcro again if I had it to do over) and almost all of us have some that we use even if we like another system better - they're a great back up and they can be used for doublers. In fact, I'm considering cutting up some of mine for doublers in some fitteds, but I don't wanna cause I love them too much
Emmaleigh3699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:56 PM   #18
Prudence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Everything I have bought on here has re-sold.

Everything.

Price your diapers right -- which means LESS than you paid for them, since now they are more used than they were when you bought them -- and they will sell.
Prudence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:57 PM   #19
tigerjan110
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We started off with just PFs and Thirsties covers in bulk. Once the craziest part of the newborn days were over and I could even MANAGE to think about other diapers, I got a few different kinds off of FSOT to try. Some have worked great, and some I don't like, but I'm out less than $20 since I got them used to begin with, so no biggie! And now I know what I like, and would gladly pay full price for.
Sleep?! What's THAT?!?!
tigerjan110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:59 PM   #20
SubliminalDarkness
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wouldn't buy a bunch of anything without knowing that they'll work except, maybe, prefolds. I'd buy one or two and see how it goes.
SubliminalDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote