Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-17-2006, 02:55 PM   #21
treecitydiapers
Registered Users

Re: Favorite Place to buy FBs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimb96
I'm sorry if you felt bullied by other retailers over your sales.
I'm sorry she feels that way too but she isn't being bullied by other retailers. Retailers don't set policy the wholesalers do. I'm not sure why she is implying that retailers have any control over her.

Advertisement

Old 05-17-2006, 02:57 PM   #22
tatumsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I like nutured family. Their inserts are great! and jennifer & mark are extremely helpful. Plus free ship.
Jennifer: BFing, CDing, BWing, CSing SAHM, Expecting #2 in Jan 09!
tatumsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 02:57 PM   #23
mommyof2girls
Registered Users

Nicole-I'm sorry that you feel that you need to stop having sales. I've always looked forward to your sales! I'm a single mom of 2, and that extra 20-30% off was always nice! Sorry to see that you have to stop!
Old 05-17-2006, 03:03 PM   #24
treecitydiapers
Registered Users

Another point of clarification... and I'll keep it general. No one has to stop having sales, they just have to have sales within the guidelines of the wholesalers.

People have 5-10% or free shipping sales all the time and that is totally fine depending on the particular supplier.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:03 PM   #25
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

WHERE'S THE SALE?!??!
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 03:18 PM   #26
aimeemarie
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for all the advice mommas! Think I'm gonna have to try cotton babies!
Old 05-17-2006, 03:27 PM   #27
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyoverload
I was not told that I would lose any wholesale accounts and I would appriceate people not implying things about ME OR MY STORE!!!!!
I have had my fill of all you bad mouthing busy bodies sticking their noses where it does not belong!!!!!
OK someone pmed me the sale. Just wanted you to know that we appreciate you trying to give us broke mamas a break in price, too bad other retailers don't feel the same way.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:52 PM   #28
treecitydiapers
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveblessings
OK someone pmed me the sale. Just wanted you to know that we appreciate you trying to give us broke mamas a break in price, too bad other retailers don't feel the same way.

*sigh*... yeah, I guess I'm just not willing to actually loose money so that other broke mamas can get a break in price. If I offered diapers at 30% off I truely would loose money since the diaper would cost me more to buy wholesale then I would get from the customer.

I'm broke too so I just can't do that.
Old 05-17-2006, 04:41 PM   #29
mommymell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

geezz....I am so sorry Nicole. I never meant to cause you any harm. I totally love your store.

Why would anyone seem to care if she sold her items for more than 5-10% off?? If wholesalers are so up tight about the prices that they sell things then maybe they should re think that. NOT everyone can afford full price. That is why this board is as popular as it is. Why should you care if Nicole takes a loss?? Unless you are afraid it will take away from your own business. You say you aren't bulling her, but being the outsider looking in on this post YOU clearly look like a bully. She changed her sale. YOU had to make it a big deal. You assumed stuff about her and now I assume that you had alot to do with this. Do you now feel attacked. I am sure this is how Nicloe felt.

I am so sorry Nicole. One simple post like this could put your store out of business. Keep doing what you are doing. Some people do support you. It's a shame other fellow WAHM's would rather tear down WAHM's verses unite as a team. SAD

Just a side note: I am not a friend of Nicoles. I have bought from her one time at one sale. This post is just so sad.
mommymell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 04:48 PM   #30
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitydiapers
*sigh*... yeah, I guess I'm just not willing to actually loose money so that other broke mamas can get a break in price. If I offered diapers at 30% off I truely would loose money since the diaper would cost me more to buy wholesale then I would get from the customer.

I'm broke too so I just can't do that.
No, I didn't mean other retailers should feel obigated to have the same sales. But if retailers are actually complaining that she is selling her items at too low of a price, that's just wrong to do to us all who she's trying to benefit. I think other retailers should mind their own retailing business.