Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-24-2009, 03:55 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: constipation help for mom

I had terrible constipation as well as fissures and it was SO painful after I had both my daughter and son. I tried EVERYTHING. The only thing that finally worked is what I recommend for everyone I know and it always works. My ped said it was totally safe while being pregnant or breastfeeding.

It's called Miralax. It's sold over the counter at stores in a purple and white bottle. It's a Miracle in a bottle. It's tasteless and odorless and works great.

Good luck.

Brandy, mom to Logan 17, Camden 8 and Teagen 6.

2bluesandapink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 03:56 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

Fruit, water, more fruit, some more water, a prune or two, some oatmeal, some more water, and you'll be good to go!
Shop at Please bookmark, share, and use Madi's link. She earns 4% back and the money goes for therapy items insurance won't cover!
Mom to Conner & Madilynn & wife to handsome DH David!
Read my blog about my Madi who has spina bifida & hydrocephalus
jveprek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 04:43 PM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

I had constipation problems when pregnant and consulted my Indian inlaws. (Hey, if your culture is largely unchanged since a couple thousand years BC, I think you've probably got the "natural remedy" thing figured out, huh?) They recommended papaya. Apparently it's the laxative of choice in the tropics... You can overdo it, but I took one fruit (double fist size?) and cut into 6 wedges and ate one per day, worked pretty well.
I didn't realize until recently that it matters which fruits you eat, apparently they "prescribe" bananas and apple juice to stop diarrhea in little kids? HTH
Xeia is offline   Reply With Quote