Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2009, 04:05 PM   #11
PatchworkPeddler
Registered Users
Formerly: MrsMommy0805
seller

My Mood:
Re: Non-nursing tops/shirts question

I don't use nursing tops. I do what the pps do, I have a couple shirts I got at wal-mart on clearance for $1 that are low cut enough to use as ones. Mostly I use a regular spaghetti strapped low cut (or stretchy) tank as an undershirt and a regular shirt on top. I pull up the regular shirt, pull down the tank, and let him have at it. No one can see a thing and my breasts are even more covered than investing in $30 nursing tops! and noone has to look at the weird strap going across the top of my breast from my nursing bra Now nursing bras I couldn't do without! I got them for $13 a piece at the outlet in town!

Advertisement

PatchworkPeddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 07:30 PM   #12
hshaw
Registered Users

My Mood:

I do several of the same things as the others.

I wear layered tanks from old navy the ones w/out bras (I hate built in bra's because I have F's, just don't fit in that little spot they have) OR I use the Blush shirt ( blush.com) Or Hip-T just like bella bands but made for layering so your butt doesn't show (your assets LOL) I also use button down shirts, the shirts that fold over it's self, low cut shirts too. Old Navy actually has cute nursing stuff now.
hshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:28 AM   #13
bjaneen
Banned

My Mood:

i wear shelf bra camis under everything. even in church when she decides to pop off and look around everything is covered
bjaneen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:23 PM   #14
robynbobm
Registered Users

My Mood:

While I like nursing tops, sometimes non-nursing tops are just as convenient. I like ones that have snaps or easy buttons down the front part way, far enough down that I can pull myself out when opened, and then use my homemade nursing cover over top, and nothing shows. I also read a comment by Martha Sears (can't remember where) that you can use a fully button up shirt, but unbutton the BOTTOM and tuck the baby up in there, covering your belly. HTH
robynbobm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:48 PM   #15
patricianaps
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEVmommy View Post
I bought some men's tank-style undershirts and cut slits over the boobs. They are long enough that I can easily tuck them in, and they have scooped necks and no sleeves so they don't show up under my regular shirts. Then I just pull up my regular shirt to nurse and my belly is covered by the undershirt. I do this especially in the winter to keep warm when lifting my shirt. In the summer I am more apt to use real nursing shirts to cut down on the layers in the heat.
I LOVE this idea!

I buy 2 or 3 nursing tanks from target or old navy and wear it under my regular shirt.