Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-19-2009, 09:15 AM   #1
cleo564
Registered Users

Question Best diaper bag for CDing??

I'm in the middle of putting my registry together and have spent WAY too much time deciding on a diaper bag. I can't justify spending an arm and a leg on a diaper bag, but I'm wondering what you guys would recommend that fits the bill:

- not too big, but big enough for CD stuff
- "man-friendly" so DH will carry it, too
- not too expensive (for me, I guess that means nothing above $80-100)

Also, does it make sense to have a small one and a larger one for longer trips, etc., or can one diaper bag do it all without doing a number on my shoulders?

Thanks!

Advertisement

cleo564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:22 AM   #2
BuggaBuggaBoutique
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Best diaper bag for CDing??

Mommie's Lil Peanut on Bitty Fluff Makes great ones!

She does customs so you can pick your fabrics.

http://hyenacart.com/bittyfluff/

Momma to 4 girls and one boy! Smoke Free, Pet Free Home!
BuggaBuggaBoutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:24 AM   #3
smartie
Registered Users

My Mood:

I got a JJ Cole bag because of my husband. I HATED that bag. I ended up using my purse. Then for a nice christmas present I got a Mia Bossi bag. It's nice, but still does not accommodate cloth. Maybe search Hyena Cart? I bet there are some amazing WAHM bags.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:52 AM   #4
wimama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I really like my Ju-Ju-Be Packabe diaper bag. I had a Vera Bradley diaper bag, which I liked but was too big for everyday use and hard to keep things organized in it.

The Packabe, I have had it for almost 2 years now. I still love it and it is still in great shape. It has just enough organization. It holds a ton. I looked at the Beall, but it looked more overstuffed to me when I packed it up. (The store let me pack them up and try them out before buying.) The Packabe didn't look overstuffed. But, I am a bit of a overpacker.

How do I pack it up? I put the spare blanket and change of clothes on the bottom. Then, I pack from the bottom up in two columns one side food, the other side diapers and wet bag. It holds a ton of stuff. I like that I can clip it to the back of my stroller. And it isn't too bulky on the back of the stroller. It hangs there perfectly. There are plenty of pockets. I use one inner pocket for toys, and another inner pocket for a sposie wipes holder (which you can put cloth wipes in if you want )

For a newborn I would probably still pack the bag the same, but put my nursing cover and sling in the other column, instead of food.

There are some daddy friendly colors. And my dh will carry mine.

http://www.ju-ju-be.com/packabe.html

They have a board on their website (pink room) and people post pics of the bags all packed up. I loved looking at those pics when I was choosing a bag.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:23 AM   #5
glupton
Registered Users
seller

I have two and love them both.

The smaller every day one is the Skip Hop Spark. It is a really nice and somewhat pricey brand that makes this version just for Target. I think it was $30 at Target, but I found it on clearance for like $15! Mine is red and black and DH approved. The best feature about this bag to me is that it has built-in stroller attachment straps. They are SO useful!!!

The other one is bigger and is great for longer trips or when you want to carry more stuff. It is the Vera Bradley diaper bag. Mine is Java Blue. DH doesn't mind this one either. I think it is either $80 or $92 brand new, but I got mine from Crabtree & Evelyn with a gift card. It looks like this.

Last edited by glupton; 01-19-2009 at 10:25 AM.
glupton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:24 AM   #6
ouchienurse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We got a Baby Sac for like $20 from Babies R Us and it works great. They have man friendly colors, ours is just black and holds everything nicely
Old 01-19-2009, 10:43 AM   #7
katycat99
Registered Users
seller

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2904253

I got this one from toys r us, but it's carried at babies r us too. It's perfect for Cd'ing and cheap! only $26 Set includes a large diaper bag, mini tote, bottle holder, changing pad and dirty duds pouch.

The large bag is good for a long day out. Plenty of room for clothes, CD's, wipes, Med wetbag, and whatever else you throw in! The large tote has attached wet case (dirty duds pouch) just in case you for get your wetbag or run out of room. The wet pouch holds one diaper or one set of clothes. This bags also has a nice changing mat and a bottle holder.

The mini tote is great for quick trips out. It's has room for 2-4 CD's, small wetbag, 1-2 extra clothes, wipes and a burprag. Both bags have plenty of side pockets for misc items or bottles.

The one I got was black with blue edges, the one listed is brown and green, I've also seen the brown with pink edges. Thick picture on the site has a ribbon attached to it. It comes off when you buy it. So yeah it's not that womanly LOL

Our Angels Kassandra and Nevaeh Click here to visit Kassandra's website.

Last edited by katycat99; 01-19-2009 at 11:06 AM.
katycat99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:47 AM   #8
christypjb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Leslies Boutique makes cloth diaper bags and lots of other really cute things so Beware!!
Old 01-19-2009, 11:51 AM   #9
adensmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I like my skip hop double duo. I have 2 in cloth, so it takes a ginormous bag no matter what, lol! It is big, but holds a LOT, and I love that it clips to the handle of my double stroller. I also use the clips to hang the bag from the outside of the grocery cart when I go shopping so that it doesn't take up space in my cart.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:28 PM   #10
jn__
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

do you carry a big bag? are you a pretty bag lady or a plain/utilitarian bag lady?

I like the llbean diaper bag, but I really only use it for all-day outings or visiting. I have a spark/duo and I like that ok but it doesn't stay standing up when I put it down I have a (small) fleurville sling tote that I like. I can carry 2 cd's in there before it gets hairy. 1 for each kid or 2 for one kid.
jn__ is offline   Reply With Quote