Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2009, 10:42 AM   #11
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: Do you take ALL your kids to the grocery store?

OH GOSH NO!!!!!!!!! DH or I will take one of the older girls with us for a shopping trip around bedtime. We usually do our shopping on Wednesday nights after dinner. My kids are great when we take them out, but we have two shopping carts and not enough room for kids when we buy so much food.

Not too mention, if we take them all we end up with random things in the cart.

Advertisement

ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 03:11 PM   #12
mommyfrog
Registered Users

Heck no!! I used to. Now my oldest is old enough to babysit while I run to the store, so I usually wait until she's home, take the baby and go. It's a whooole lot faster and I don't end up buying extra stuff people sneak into the cart. I don't even know if I've taken all 7 of them somewhere alone, besides family's house. Maybe school supply shopping in August, not sure.
Jeanie, wife of Paul, mommy of Aurora-20 and married (5/23/94), Oliver-18 (12/27/95), Simon-15 (9/11/98), Savannah-14 (4/9/00), Harrison-11 (2/26/03), Genevieve-9 (2/24/05), and Sebastian-6 (4/24/08), Precious Baby Girl (lost 8/10), Magnus-(4/26/14)
mommyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 03:34 PM   #13
Zabibaby
Registered Users
Formerly: rose_hesh
seller

My Mood:

I take the younger ones but sometimes all of them.
They are really good adn remind me of the things I need.
Visit Zabi Babyfor all your diapering needs. Nikky Covers, Weehuggers, GroVia, Little Comfort, Bum Genius and more. Our own sized Indian prefolds. Lay Away and Free shipping on most items. Licensed to embroider Ooga Booga. Coupon code DSM5 - 10% off Try our new bamboo flats!
Zabi Baby on Facebook
Zabibaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 05:41 PM   #14
WhatWasIThinking
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yes I do. I take all four to the store and wherever else I need to go.
WhatWasIThinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:40 AM   #15
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have 5 and take them all to the store. I find it funny because I have friends with 2 or 3 kids (even 1) who just CAN'T deal with bringing them shopping! I actually saw a friend of mine who left her 2 kids with her sister who was pregnant and had 2 kids of her own, so she could go shopping alone. I was 7-8mos pregnant and had my 4 other ones who were 8, 8, 3 and 1 at the time. I get it done, sure it's not my preferance but I do it when I have to. I would much rather shop alone, get it done quickly & quietly, but that is only possible when dh is home.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:51 AM   #16
3miracles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I do take the LO's with me. Somedays are better than others, but most of the time they are pretty good. I am just amazed at the amount of time it takes to run small simple errands. I have 3 that are 2 and under and we always get the looks and comments. If I go grocery shopping I try to go to the store that has the car attached to the basket because that makes the 2 year olds a little easier to deal with and happier longer.

Some people think I am crazy to take them out with me, but I can't live at home and never leave. Besides I feel they would never learn to behave if I didn't take them.

Great homeschooling idea using math as you shop. That is a great idea.
3miracles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:44 PM   #17
heluvsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yep. I take the 4 lo's (ages 8,6,4 and 2). Sometimes it can be kind of stressful, but not always.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:42 PM   #18
karine77
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't think I took my four kids to the grocery store at once a single time.....If I had no choice, I think I'd chicken out and order takeout for dinner lolll...a trip to the grocery store with my 4 would seriously suck the life out of me....

I usually go alone when DH is home from work...It's my quiet time...
Old 01-29-2009, 10:16 AM   #19
Linzomama
Registered Users

My Mood:

I myself come from a BIG HS family. I am second born of 8 and my mom often took all of us to the store. I have lots of fun memories from those trips! (Back when 2 overflowing carts was $200!)
A few of the benefits I can remember:

1. Children feel responsible, valuable and "adult" being at the store helping mom instead of filed away in a classroom or playground.
2. Mom doesn't have to push a cart! (When 1 or 2 kids are big enough.)
3. With enough bigger kids you can split up and get the job done fast. Even split the list/store and have a race.
4. Kids have input into what they eat. Mom less likely to hear 'wah I don't like that flavor!...why don't we have any bananas?'
5. Cooperation, good behavior, patience and intelligent decision making are required by everyone who wants to eat for the next week.

Of course sometimes I just want to go to the store by myself and have some alone time, hehe.
Linzomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:42 PM   #20
karine77
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linzomama View Post
5. Cooperation, good behavior, patience and intelligent decision making are required by everyone who wants to eat for the next week.

that's so funny....and true