Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-29-2009, 05:46 PM   #21
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

Re: Do you take ALL your kids to the grocery store?

I always take all my kids with me, every where I go. I only have 4, but they are ages [ almost ] 4, [ almost ] 3, 21 months and 5 months.

Advertisement

OrangeBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:47 PM   #22
WhatWasIThinking
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannah View Post
I always take all my kids with me, every where I go. I only have 4, but they are ages [ almost ] 4, [ almost ] 3, 21 months and 5 months.
Wow, kudos to you! For real!
WhatWasIThinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:19 PM   #23
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

Most of the time I do, and at this point, it's easier for me to have all 4 with me rather than only some of them. They are 11, 6, 3, and 2.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:42 PM   #24
midominga
Registered Users
seller

I normally take them with me. I found that if I don't take them with me people make even worse stares or actually come up and give me rude comments.
I go to Aldi once a week and buy 6-7 gallons of milk so yea its a little odd since most people 1gal lasts them a week. I don't like going everyday to shop anywhere. I set aside 1 day a week to do ALL of my shopping(normally mondays) so yes I buy a lot more then the average person, besides sams club thats once a month. I only have 3 boys I'm pregnant with #4 right now.
Our milk never goes bad we use all of it.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:10 PM   #25
supergirljennie
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I have 3 right now, but I usually have my little sister who is in between my children's ages with us as well. And yes, they all go, unless we can swing it with the Gparents to watch the older ones, and just bring the baby.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:16 AM   #26
TwinsMake9
Registered Users
seller

When my oldest kids were little I took them all but now I dont usually as the older ones can watch the little ones or I wait till DH is home at night and go after the lil ones are sleeping. I always end up taking my older kids though if I go at night.

I do however take them all to the store quite alot and its annoying but funny at the same times because we do get stared at alot. We usually all go to Walmart and such quite alot cuz they all wanna go for some reason or another.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:19 AM   #27
mommypack
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I try to only take one with me(preferably none ) If I take kids to the store, they end up wanting something I don't want to buy, someone throws a tantrum, two like to play hide and seek in the clothing racks....Ack!! I'd rather wait till my DH gets home, or have him pick up whatever I need.
mommypack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:38 AM   #28
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWasIThinking View Post
Wow, kudos to you! For real!
Aww, thanks. We get a lot of staring and tons of "you've got your hands full" comments, but I'm so used to it that going to store with any less is just weird

OrangeBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:38 PM   #29
momo5
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, we have 6 ages 9, 6, 5, 3, 22mos, 4mos. (4 of them about to have birthdays) I put the 22mos old in the cart, wear the baby and off we go. We too HS, and I like my evenings with DH, not to mention how tired I am at night So we go in the mid morning and work on math and budgets!!! We get the normal stares, and comments. I found a great t-shirt that said "No, they are not all mine, I gather up the neighbor kids then go shopping." (cafepress.com) I find it to be exhausting and take forever but like some other said I would rather have them all than just a few. My older 2 boys are my heros too. They push buggies, get items, load and take them into the house, and help keep up with younger ones. If all I had were the younger ones I would have no help.
Old 01-31-2009, 03:30 PM   #30
mammaof??
Registered Users

My Mood:

I generally take all of my kiddos everywhere with me. We just went to Costco yesterday: 2 carts, 1 newborn in a sling, one sleeping in her carseat in the bucket of the cart, 2 year old twins in the seat of the other cart and the 4 year old and 5 year old walking (mostly) around the store with me. my oldest was still in school.

i enjoy freaking people out but don't especially welcome the incessant questions: are they all yours/ how many are there/ twins? you have twins?

i find that if i ever sneak out by myself to the store, i get a little confused and walk around in circles...lol.

Mama to my amazing 8: 9, 7, 6, 4, 4 2, 2, AND Newbie, born 5/30/11- last 6 all born at home. Loving the babymoon!
mammaof?? is offline   Reply With Quote