Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-14-2009, 02:23 PM   #121
StAva2202
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: I absolutely LOVE Mother-ease!! ACTION SHOTS!

Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LClaire View Post
To make them small, you fold the top down and snap on those inner snaps You can also adjust the tap snaps to overlap to get it tighter in the waist if you need to. Here's a link to their description in case you haven't seen it yet - much more well-said than I could ever attempt to explain
http://www.mother-ease.com/default.aspx?id=16
When we use the snap in liner on the folded over/smaller size setting, we usually just lay the liner in rather than snapping it in so that we can access the waist snaps. They also have some video instructions that might be a bit more helpful for you:
http://www.mother-ease.com/cloth-diapers/4

hope that helps a little!

Advertisement

StAva2202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 02:30 PM   #122
StAva2202
Registered Users

My Mood:

Here is ds (6mo and 17pds) wearing a MEOS on the biggest setting WITHOUT an insert. Dont mind the dark pics, I dont know what was up with the camera.

Here is the MEOS with a ME AirFlow cover.

I LOVE the diaper and cover so much!! No red marks!!
I also LOVE the Sandys diaper, too. I just need to get pics of that.
I was afraid of the OS being too bulky, NO WAY! We use mostly pfs so these are less bulky then what we are used to. Also the crotch width smooshes down nice, too! YAH!
StAva2202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:14 PM   #123
ishyfishie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We were using small bamboo Sandy's exclusively until dd hit 6 months, then we switched over our entire stash to BG pockets so I didn't have to try to get a fitted plus a cover on my wiggle worm. Then at about 12 months, I wanted to diversify our stash again and we decided to go with large Sandy's (regular cotton). She's been wearing them for several months and they're okay on her, but pretty poofy and hard to fit under her medium covers, so we're switching back to small bamboo Sandy's! I love love love them.

For comparison's sake, here are pictures of dd (17 months, about 33" tall and 22 lbs, very tall and skinny) in both. In the larges, she's on the smallest snaps for thighs and waist. In the smalls, she's on the smallest waist snaps (not sure for how long, we may start putting one side on the smallest and one on the biggest) and the middle thigh snaps. I just prefer the fit of the smalls on her, nice and trim and easy to fit under pants and covers! My goal was to have a stash that will be used for baby #2 next year and I highly doubt dd will outgrow the smalls before PLing, so we'll be selling off the larges.

Large regular cotton Sandy's

Small bamboo Sandy's

ishyfishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:39 PM   #124
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i have always wondered about these but never tried them. how absorbant are they really? i have a 17 mo & am expecting. I use mostly mutts and bg right now. i found as ds gets older the dipes just need o be changed more. i would really like something thats more than a 1 pee diaper.
Old 02-16-2009, 05:57 PM   #125
Betsy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Just found this great thread and LOVE the cute pics!
MEOS have always been my favs. And the airflow covers are the only ones I use (besides wool!). They are great, and the few other brands I've tried just don't work as well.
I have a couple MEOS that I bought before my oldest son was born and he wore until he started using the potty. His brother also wears them and is nearly a year, and these diapers are still going strong. No tears/wear at all.
ETA: I just saw the new colors and panda print on the airflows. Swoon, swoon...
Old 02-17-2009, 04:12 PM   #126
Maude7733
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Does anyone prefer the organic MEOS over the regular unbleached? Do the organic hold up as well? I saw some organic ones on FSOT that had frayed edges so I wasn't sure if that might have been an "old batch" issue, or if the organic ones just fray easier. Are the organic MEOS softer/more absorbent and worth the extra money? And do you think they would last through 2-3 kids? thanks!!
Maude7733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 04:26 PM   #127
JessicaRose
Registered Users

I just got 2 I ordered off FSOT last week after reading this thread. I'm amazed at how big they look. Then again I'm amazed at how big most of the stuff I've ordered looks.
JessicaRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 04:51 PM   #128
todzwife
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

They are not a trim diaper, more "full coverage" LOL!
todzwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 05:42 PM   #129
keithmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maude7733 View Post
Does anyone prefer the organic MEOS over the regular unbleached? Do the organic hold up as well? I saw some organic ones on FSOT that had frayed edges so I wasn't sure if that might have been an "old batch" issue, or if the organic ones just fray easier. Are the organic MEOS softer/more absorbent and worth the extra money? And do you think they would last through 2-3 kids? thanks!!
I don't think there was a bad batch of the organic diapers. From what I remember from the Motherease forum, the makers said that the organic ones would not last as long as the others because the others (regular cotton or bamboo) have 15% polyester to make them last. I have one organic Sandy, and I would say that it is more absorbant than the regular, but it seems bigger too. But it is NOT softer.

BTW, I have seen several organic ME diapers on FSOT that were very worn. I rarely see that with the non organic diapers.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:07 PM   #130
my4sons
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I also love them. I have 30 one size dry diapers and 1/2 dozen air flows in each size. I am currently on the ML ones now. I haven't the heart to sell the smaller size covers, even though this is my last baby. Everyone in the family can change his diaper w/o any problems. They are so easy to clean. The "dry" fabric does not stain at all, even if you let them go 3-4 days before you wash them. I do get light staining around the leg bands if he has too much of a loose bowel movement. Once Spring hits the Upstate NY, the legs bands will be white again. Never had a leak, from breastfeeding to now at almost 16 months. I would like to try the all in ones, but this set cost me a pretty penny new last October. I bought a used set of 40 at birth. I was ripped off from that Mama. The covers were brown and leaked. The diapers were so worn out, you could see through them. That Mama told me to buy new insert and they would be fine! I would not recommend buying that many at one time used, in case the Mama wasn't honest like the one who took my 275.00.
I would like to buy a dozen bamboo and have them dyed. I don't know anyone who would do that and trust. I bought a few bamboo to test and they are so soft, even lined dried.
My babysitter doesn't even mind the cloth diapers. He is the first and only baby she takes care in cloth. She says if she knew cloth was this easy, she would have clothed her three babies.
jane