Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-14-2009, 01:22 PM   #511
KingsDaughter76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thumbs up Re: I absolutely LOVE Mother-ease!! ACTION SHOTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawmamanibbles View Post
Also if i took really good care of these dipes, could i use them with all my children??

I would say YES- most definitally! I used the same set of motherease dipes thru 4 children and they held up awesome! I finally got some new ones for our current baby just so I could get some colors! lol!

Advertisement

Kellina ~Wife to a Cowboy & Christian Homeschooling Mama to 9 kids and YES we would love to have more! Baby #9 is here!! IT'S A GIRL!! Born Oct 1st 2014!!
Forever missing my 7 m/c babies now safe in the arms of Jesus EARN Amazon giftcards for FREE!! Click to sign up for SWAGBUCKS!!
KingsDaughter76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 01:35 PM   #512
datimasa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I absolutely LOVE Mother-ease!! ACTION SHOTS!

Crissy, Thanks so much for the pics! That helps a lot. My dd is about 9-10 lbs (she was 9 at 4weeks and is 6 weeks now so I'm guessing). Do you think you have to size up? She fits in a XS Thirsties right now, so would that fit over it or should I just get smalls?

Is there a difference in how the MEOS and the Sandys fit her and do they need different size covers?

I do NOT like the MEOS covers, so I wanted to know what other covers work. I really like Thirsties so I am glad they work.
datimasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 01:39 PM   #513
datimasa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know this was probably asked, but do the Sandys hold up as long as the MEOS? It seems like the elastic would be more likely to stretch on the Sandy's than the MEOS. BUT, if you are using different sizes that may even things out. Hmmm. I want to get some diapers that will last through several dc.

Also, which are more trim?
datimasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:53 PM   #514
picklesmama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthangel81 View Post
i got a starter package of MEOS diapers and haven't used them much just because they seem so huge on her (even though she's chunky)... i tried watching their how-to video but it doesn't work for me. do you find clothes fit tighter with these on? (compared to other CD's)
Yes, compared to some dipes (my Fuzzi Bunz are very trim for example) but as fitteds go they are fairly trim - the MEOS more than the Sandys, as they don't come up as high. Both are more trim than my Goodmama.
Quote:
mine just don't feel very soft, maybe I didnt prep them enough and should wash them more??
They won't feel as soft to your fingers as velour or fleece, but don't worry they are certainly soft and comfy for baby. I feel diapers with my cheek instead of my fingers to get a better idea of how they feel on a bum.
Quote:
my package came with 3 snap-in liners. do i need to use those every time, or just for heavy wetting times?
I only use doublers at night or if I know it will be many hours until i can change. It all depends on how heavy a wetter your baby is - if you don't need the liner, you can leave it out.
Quote:
i'm excited to try some sandys too! what would you suggest for a newbie? my little girl isnt' that bad of a wetter but she is an explosive pooper!
Sandys are super at containing poops! I can use the same cover all day because nothing escapes the Sandys

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawmamanibbles View Post
also can you fold down the top to make the rise shorter? also what r the measurments of meos?
Yes, here is a pictorial. What measurements are you looking for, minimum and maximum waist, rise, leg opening?

Quote:
Originally Posted by datimasa View Post
Crissy, Thanks so much for the pics! That helps a lot. My dd is about 9-10 lbs (she was 9 at 4weeks and is 6 weeks now so I'm guessing). Do you think you have to size up? She fits in a XS Thirsties right now, so would that fit over it or should I just get smalls?
My Kate was just over 9 lbs at birth and we used XS Thirsties until about 13 lbs BUT they don't fit over small Sandys, they don't come up high enough in the rise. Small Thirsties will fit a 9 lb baby over Small Sandys, that's what I'd recommend, the rise is higher especially without the cord dip, and when you overlap the tabs you'll get a snug fit in the legs even on a skinny baby. I know I have a pic somewhere, I'll look.
Quote:
Is there a difference in how the MEOS and the Sandys fit her and do they need different size covers?
I can't speak for everyone, but on Kate the MEOS are lower rise. they also come down lower on her hip. Both need a fairly full cut cover. I have some pics that will show you, of different covers over both the MEOS and Sandys, will post them in a bit.

Whidbey Island CDing Families My ISO & IHA
picklesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:20 PM   #515
Mommyof2Blessings
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyof2Blessings View Post
I am loving this thread because I have been using MEOS for over a year. I just love their simplicity!
Here are some pics of my sweet girl in her bamboo MEOS and small airflow cover. It is so amazing to me that the MEOS fit her so well and also fit my 3 year old on the last snaps (these are the dipes that she wore for bed before she didn't need a night diaper).

They fit nice and snug around her thighs!

I'm not a fan of how poofy these covers are, but they seem very comforatable and never leak!

I forgot to say that she is 9 weeks old and 11 1/2 pounds.
Jessica ~ wife to Jeff 11/9/02 and SAH, HSing, CDing, Jesus Loving mommy to my 5 sweeties, Olivia Grace 8/20/05 , Austin Jeffrey 4/24/07 , Abigail Lynn 4/9/09 , Owen Rodney 5/17/11 , and Wyatt Stanley 6/21/13
Mommyof2Blessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:53 PM   #516
picklesmama
Registered Users
seller

I love those pics ^ Abigail looks so sweet

Okay datimasa, prepare for MEOS/Sandys pic overload

Fit comparison, MEOS & Small Sandies on 15 lb baby

Cover comparison - I used a small ABC wrap which is not a good cover for either, but I used it to show where the MEOS is different from the Sandys by what the cover leaves exposed.

The Sandys come up a bit higher than the MEOS

The MEOS come down lower on the hip than the Sandys

Small Thirsties works well over both MEOS (left, top) and small Sandys (right, bottom).

I'm not sure which diaper this is under the Thirsties

Whidbey Island CDing Families My ISO & IHA
picklesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:53 AM   #517
MrsS
Registered Users
seller

Thank you ladies for both sets of pictures! ADORABLE! Plus it really helps me to see MEOS and Sandies on little babies! I know my MEOS fits my 20lber really well but I was wondering if it really would fit an 11lber! This puts my heart at rest!

TY!!
MrsS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:18 AM   #518
pbresolin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi everybody!

First I want to say that I'm the OP and I am so excited to see that this thread keeps going and going!

Now I need some advice. I sold all my MEOS

I did it because we were moving and I felt overwhelmed, etc. But now I miss them soooo much! What I want to know is, do you think I should get more at this point? I would LOVE some of the bamboo...

BUT, DD is 19 mo now. I have no idea, obviously, when she will PT and I'm not sure if I should buy now or just give it up.

What would you do?
Old 06-15-2009, 11:01 AM   #519
brileycole
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbresolin View Post
Hi everybody!

First I want to say that I'm the OP and I am so excited to see that this thread keeps going and going!

Now I need some advice. I sold all my MEOS

I did it because we were moving and I felt overwhelmed, etc. But now I miss them soooo much! What I want to know is, do you think I should get more at this point? I would LOVE some of the bamboo...

BUT, DD is 19 mo now. I have no idea, obviously, when she will PT and I'm not sure if I should buy now or just give it up.

What would you do?
First off THANK YOU for starting this thread!! I've enjoyed every minute of it!

I would say yes to buying a few MEOS, but I think all of us(enablers) would!
We have some of the bamboo and love them! I wish I had more...They have tons of stretch and will fit longer than the reg. terry. Maybe you could find some on FSOT or even the ME Buy~Sell forum.
GL!

We may not have it all together but together we have it all!
brileycole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:12 AM   #520
LClaire
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbresolin View Post

What would you do?
I definitely vote for the bamboo!!! We love them so much! and the resale value is great, so if you only wind up using them for a few months you can always sells them and make some money back
LClaire is offline   Reply With Quote