Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-05-2009, 01:29 PM   #911
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I absolutely LOVE Mother-ease!! ACTION SHOTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilarigh View Post
Hello. I read all 908 posts and was glad to find so much info on the ME diapers. I am a first time mom-to-be and expecting twins. Am I crazy for wanting to CD? First I was just thinking about the $$ we'd be saving on disposable diapers and then I started looking at the different dipes and fell in love with how adorable they are.

A friend from a buddy group on another site said she CDed her 5 kids in ME and love love loved them. I hadn't heard a lot about them until I found this thread.

I talked to the ME customer service folks and they said I could register for their diapers and I am so glad bc CD two at once is going to be spendy at the beginning. I'm torn between the Sandys and the OS. I think I'm leaning toward the Sandys for the early days bc hopefully the elastic will contain any poo-splosions. But it seems like there is equal love for the OS and the Sandys on this thread.

Also how many do you think I'll need? Again, I'm not worried about expense bc these will be shower gifts.

Sorry if this is too long but after reading 900 + posts, I had a lot to think about
Maybe 36? You don't really need too many more than you can fit in your washer at one time- just enough to use while you wash and dry. I'd maybe consider starting in xs sandies and then going to OS. I think since twins are usually born smaller than singletons that chances are good that xs sandies would be big at first and you might have to use sposies until they fit nicely.

Advertisement

Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 02:39 PM   #912
PureBliss
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4boysforme View Post
Maybe 36? You don't really need too many more than you can fit in your washer at one time- just enough to use while you wash and dry. I'd maybe consider starting in xs sandies and then going to OS. I think since twins are usually born smaller than singletons that chances are good that xs sandies would be big at first and you might have to use sposies until they fit nicely.
I totally agree with LeeAnn- and do bamboo!!

Oh, and LeeAnn- CONGRATULATIONS! Yay- so happy for you! Due in June!! Yay!!!
Old 11-05-2009, 03:24 PM   #913
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBliss View Post
I totally agree with LeeAnn- and do bamboo!!

Oh, and LeeAnn- CONGRATULATIONS! Yay- so happy for you! Due in June!! Yay!!!
Yes definitely Bamboo!

Thanks Shane- we're pretty excited!
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
Old 11-05-2009, 07:44 PM   #914
Waiting4babybump
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Why Bamboo? Can you guys weigh in on the different MEOS options? I only have 5 in terry cotton right now, but Im looking to get more. Tx!
Waiting4babybump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:31 PM   #915
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting4babybump View Post
Why Bamboo? Can you guys weigh in on the different MEOS options? I only have 5 in terry cotton right now, but Im looking to get more. Tx!
I think bamboo is more absorbent and it stays so nice and soft!
Old 11-05-2009, 10:07 PM   #916
pbnj
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4boysforme View Post
I think bamboo is more absorbent and it stays so nice and soft!
I agree! It also fits a bit trimmer than the cotton and organic cotton.
pbnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:14 PM   #917
pbnj
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy View Post
I have a question for all of you long-time Motherease lovers. Do any of you use these dipes and also wet pail? I used to wet pail when I lived in Korea because I had a horrible front loader. Now that we've moved (and have an American TL again), I thought a dry pail would be fine. Unfortunately though, are water here is horrible, and I think I'm going to have to go back to a wet pail for dipes/inserts. I'm loving my ME but haven't been using long. Before I order more, I need to know if wet-pailing will hurt these dipes (I know it does covers and some elastic in dipes). Thanks for your help!
Hi! As Evergreen mentioned, the site explains the wet pail method and they actually recommend it. Here's the link that takes you to their detailed washing instructions. Good luck! http://www.mother-ease.com/default.aspx?id=31
pbnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:06 AM   #918
Hilarigh
Registered Users

Thanks for the responses and for the fabric tip. One other question about fabric. Do you know if you can get the colors in bamboo? I love all the colors.
Hilarigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:09 AM   #919
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilarigh View Post
Thanks for the responses and for the fabric tip. One other question about fabric. Do you know if you can get the colors in bamboo? I love all the colors.
The colors are only terry.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:28 AM   #920
nellakat
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting4babybump View Post
I have some of each. According to Motherease they all absorb the same amount, 13 oz, so you see a difference in fit from fabric to fabric.

Cotton Terry--stretchy and trim, not as soft as bamboo, but not super scratchy or anything like that.

Stay dry cotton--Not as stretchy because of the stay dry liner, great for nights. Some people have stink issues because the stay dry liner is a synthetic, I've not had any major issues.

Organic Cotton--A smidge softer than the regular cotton, much bulkier imo.

Bamboo--Very soft and stretchy, super duper trim because they could use so much less of it to achieve the 13 oz of absorbency. The bamboo snap in is really thin and really works well. I've heard they are less durable, I haven't had them long enough to be able to tell.

I love the Bamboo and regular cotton but am not a huge fan of the organic cotton because of the bulk. MEOS are my whole stash and I love them!