View Poll Results: How often do you cook?
Never. Dont know how. 1 0.74%
1-2x a week 7 5.15%
2-3x a week 8 5.88%
3-4x a week 18 13.24%
4-5x a week 19 13.97%
5-6x a week 24 17.65%
Daily 46 33.82%
Never, dont have time but i'd like to. 2 1.47%
DH cooks. (lucky you!!!!) 11 8.09%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2009, 08:11 AM   #21
ShamroxGirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How often do you cook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moog View Post
DH cooks. Only I'm DH, so not so lucky me
Aw

I agree, great to see a DH on here . My DH, whenever he cooks, even if it's not so great looking.. it always tastes great because it has that special ingredient- LOVE!

Advertisement

***4***8***12***16**20***24***28***32***36 ***40
ShamroxGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:20 AM   #22
olympe14
Registered Users

My Mood:

I cook one hot meal at least each day.. usually dinner. For breakfast its usually oatmeal or cereal. Once or twice a week I make a nice breakfast. About 3 times a week I make a nicer lunch, homemade pizza, soup, something like that. So I guess I usually end up cooking 2 warm meals a day w/ the third being something quick and simple. I also bake bread 1-2 times a week.

Imagination Kids Mama made natural wooden toys.
"Toys that are good for your child & good for the Earth."
olympe14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:57 AM   #23
fallome
Registered Users
seller

I cook every day. DH was laid off last week, so he has cooked a couple of dinners, which has been fantastic! (Really the first he's ever cooked in the 6.5 years we've been married!)

Sometimes my kitchen is a disaster. I try to run the dishwasher at night and then unload it in the morning while DD eats breakfast. That leaves it empty to be filled throughout the day, and helps a lot!
Old 01-25-2009, 12:47 PM   #24
bjaneen
Banned

My Mood:

i prolly cook 3-4days a week and we eat leftovers or something quick from the pantry the rest of the time. maybe once a week i'll have dh bring something home from work (we own a pizza shop)
bjaneen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:28 PM   #25
hona
Registered Users
seller

I cook daily. If I don't need to cook a meal (leftovers or we're going out) I usually bake some bread or dessert or something. I l.o.v.e to cook though. Part of it is that dh does 99% of the dishes. I despise dishes. If I had to do the dishes each time, I think I'd rarely cook... When baby #2 comes in May, I'm hoping to have a big freezer so I can cook once a month or so and have food in the freezer for our meals. It's hard enough with one under 2 years old - it'll be something else when there's two of them!
hona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 02:27 PM   #26
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When I cook I cook BIG! I will cook several crock pot meals or make one major meat and make 2 or three meals out of it. Then I pack up lunches for dh and I for the whole week. The meals I make on "cooking day" (usually saturday but sometimes sunday) will last us most of the week, then mabey one other night I have to cook again. And I fequently make enough to freeze so then we can mix it up through out the week. I am a teacher full time, so is dh and we are both club advisors and coaches, we aren't home enough to cook more often then that.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 04:33 PM   #27
veganf
Registered Users

My Mood:

I need a multiple times each day option!
Old 01-26-2009, 08:46 AM   #28
momof7
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I cook our main meal which is supper.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:21 AM   #29
jessicalee
Registered Users
seller

i cook dinner everyday,
i've learned with the little ones to break up the prepwork all throughout the day, like pick and pull the protien in the morning during breakfast so it can thaw out,
then during lunch as i'm cooking their meal i can chop and prep the veggies or start a sauce,
then by the time 5 o'clock rolls around i can assemble and get everything together by 6.

breakfast is mostly a pick your own meal
cereal,oatmeal,toast and jelly,bagel and cream cheese

lunch is mostly leftovers or something quick and easy
grilled cheese and soup,ham and cheese rolls with a salad,antipasta finger foods-olives tomatoes chunked cheese

i am pretty schedualed, everyone in the house knows that at 5 i'm busy, i'm in the kitchen cooking. now somedays though i do feel as if i live in the kitchen and somedays its like wait i didnt even really go in there

on weekends hubbys pretty good about getting up and cooking brunch for the whole house, this really helps so i can just do dinner all in one shot when hes home
jessicalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:39 PM   #30
amykins
Registered Users
seller

I cook mostly every night and try to cook enough so that we can eat leftovers for lunch (DH eats lunch at home with us). I started doing this before DS was born when both DH and I had to pack lunches every day and I love it! I think it's cheaper and you don't have to plan a separate meal. Occasionally we'll run out of leftovers, so I try to have some canned soup/lunch meat/something fast and easy on hand for those times. For breakfast we usually eat cereal or toast with fruit or yogurt. I usually go grocery shopping once a week and plan out our menu ahead of time so that I have what I need. Hope you can find a schedule that works for you!
amykins is offline   Reply With Quote