Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-21-2006, 11:30 PM   #21
Mom2Natalya
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: chat about the delta lady (LMK if its not okay to post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by urchin_grey View Post
OMG I was the whole time I was reading this. I feel sick now knowing that so many people feel this way.
I had to remove myself from the forums because I got waaaaayyy too upset and started getting rude with my posts, and I don't like to get that way. I like to be positive and encouraging. But some of these people were asking for it. So, some of you can go and post there b/c I can't go back. I was so mad I was shaking.
That being said, I was the organizer of a local nurse-in here in Nashville and we had an AWESOME turnout! I was even interviewed and on the news, and DH was photographed by the AP and is in a slideshow on yahoo.

Advertisement

Old 11-21-2006, 11:31 PM   #22
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcake2386 View Post
smae here and no one ever asks me to cover up then!!!
Of course not... they're made to entice (wo)men.. why else would they be there?

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 11:32 PM   #23
Mom2Natalya
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandalynn View Post

Funny thing is, I know when I NIP I show less skin then when I wear a tank top or bikini top in summer
my point exactly.

I posted that I would bet them a million dollars that they would not see even a hint of nipple when I latch DD.
ARGH!!!!
Old 11-21-2006, 11:33 PM   #24
Mom2Natalya
Registered Users

My Mood:

I know you guys don't want to read it b/c you'll ge ttoo mad, but please go and post a few comments, it's so anti-breastfeeding - so much hatred, I can't even believe it.

It's like my favorite saying goes. . . "Why do close-minded people always open their mouths?"
Old 11-22-2006, 10:48 AM   #25
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I like the woman that said that the dad could have held up a blanket so the baby could nurse. HA YEA right! Anyone know this mamma? Tell her to take them for all they have. You know her husband won't have to work again! STUPID PEOPLE!

DOULA in training!

HCG Diet works! Ask me how.
greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 05:30 PM   #26
Lmakes5
Registered Users
seller

Against my better judgement I went and read all 4 pages of comments to this story. There really weren't "that many" people that were against NIP. There were just a couple of really vocal ones. And towards the end of the discussion there were more people pro NIP than anti. I guess I was expecting really ugly comments and in fact most of the comments were just absurd. One person actually said that NIP was just an excuse that women use to expose themselves in public. That's just so dumb it's laughable. I was SOOOOO uncomfortable about possibly exposing myself w/my first that I did try to cover us w/a blanket. He wouldn't leave it on, so I just gave up and learned to be modest w/o a blanket. Now I pretty much don't care where I am or who is around, if my baby is hungry, I feed her. If some skin shows well then I guess somebody got a free show. I'm really wanting to the the nursing tank that says "I breastfeed, stick around for the show"
Old 11-22-2006, 05:54 PM   #27
betty_joanne
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hope she sues Delta/Freedom and buys lots of cloth diapers.
Old 11-23-2006, 03:54 AM   #28
momx2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

omg...i just read a few of the comments and had to stop cause I was getting so upset.

I cover up...but just b/c I get embarrassed easily in public ... I don't really approve of women who let it all hang out and then reach for their child and latch on ... but I figure, that's there boob--not mine, so what do I care if they're letting it all hang out?

It's just wrong for others to amke such a big deal out of a woman feeding her kid!
momx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 07:28 AM   #29
TwoInCloth
Registered Users

Some people think it's so easy to keep a blanket over a nursing child's head. My four month old pulls off any blanket over his head. I can't imagine a toddler allowing a blanket to cover their head.
TwoInCloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 08:37 AM   #30
Julesmom23girls
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Natalya View Post
I had to remove myself from the forums because I got waaaaayyy too upset and started getting rude with my posts, and I don't like to get that way. I like to be positive and encouraging. But some of these people were asking for it. So, some of you can go and post there b/c I can't go back. I was so mad I was shaking.
That being said, I was the organizer of a local nurse-in here in Nashville and we had an AWESOME turnout! I was even interviewed and on the news, and DH was photographed by the AP and is in a slideshow on yahoo.
I read your posts and I was cheering you on the whole time I read it. YAY for you mamma. I couldn't have said it better myself.
Julesmom23girls is offline   Reply With Quote