Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-21-2006, 09:02 PM   #1
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

Delta's response to my email

Dear Mrs. Berkey, Thank you for your e-mail to Delta Air Lines. Delta Air Lines is disappointed to hear about the removal of the passenger onboard Freedom Airlines Flight 6160. As you may know, they are one of our Delta Connection partners. Delta supports a mother?s right to breastfeed her baby onboard our aircraft. Please let me assure you that we are working with Freedom Airlines on their investigation of this matter. Following the results of this internal investigation, Delta will work with Freedom (a subsidiary Mesa Air Group) to ensure that their procedures mirror Delta?s service standards. Please accept our apology for the poor impression, and we welcome further opportunities to be of service. Sincerely, Lewis WrightOnline Customer Support

Here is the email I sent them:

I have been informed that a fellow breastfeeding mother has been grosslymistreated by your airline. It is my understanding that she was kicked off a flight for breastfeeding her child and not covering up with a blanket. This is very disturbing to me as a nursing mother. She had the right to nurse her baby without being humiliated and kicked off the flight. Who is an airline or attendant to decide that a mother should cover up? I am sure when women wear skimpy clothing, the are not ordered to cover up or get off the flight. I know that if I were in that situation, and I did cover up, my baby would be very upset. I don't eat under a blanket. My children do not nurse under blankets. Are bottle fed babies forced to eat under blankets? My babies have all refused bottles. Would they have to go without nourishment or comfort on Delta and Delta affiliated flights? I certainly hope not. If the attendent was acting within policy guidlines, then those guidelines should be reevaluated. Until Delta publically apologizes and can assurea family friendly flight, my family will not support Delta or its affiliates. Furthermore, I plan to share this incident and its outcome with EVERY PERSON I CAN and encourage them to avoid flying with Delta orany of it's affiliates pending a public apology and change in policy toward breastfeeding mothers.

Advertisement

Old 11-21-2006, 09:19 PM   #2
tatumsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Delta's response to my email

WOW!! I had not heard anything about this until now...I fly w/ dd every other month. I nurse on all take offs and landings and never cover up (dd hates her head covered). I hope this will impact all airlines and travelers to be more accepting and supportive of bfing. BTW, no Delta airlines for me!! I just considered buying my next flight w/ them b/c of a coupon, but I will pay a little more to fly someone else.
Jennifer: BFing, CDing, BWing, CSing SAHM, Expecting #2 in Jan 09!
tatumsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 09:32 PM   #3
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

That's great! I don't see any reason to boycott an airline over one stewardess's actions. Looks like they're going to take care of it.
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 10:24 PM   #4
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

I didnt get a response.

I'm glad you did though.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:51 AM   #5
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

WHAT iddiots!

DOULA in training!

HCG Diet works! Ask me how.
greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:54 AM   #6
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

I am glad that I got a response. I am still not flying with them until the matter is resolved to my satisfaction.