Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-27-2009, 08:35 AM   #1
bugaboo
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Christian Mamas

Hay ladies. Long time no talk. How is the new year coming? Been busy trying to get things looking nice around the house. I have been painting bookshelves. Because they are going from dark wood to white it is making the room look so much brighter.

LOs have been busy being sick due to the cold and/or teething. Luckly we went to FL shortly after finding out our oldest had an ear infection so my dad (a chiropractor) was able to fix it drug free and we had a chance to see a homeopath. We are trying to get healthy it is just so hard during the winter months.

Advertisement

"Freedom is not Free"
bugaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:40 AM   #2
HeavenlyHold
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Christian Mamas

We are going through a tough time right now. DH and I thankfully both have jobs, but his is very stressful right now and he is thinking of doing something else.

I'm PG!! Due in July!! AND I'll (hopefully) be leaving the classroom to be at home full time with my LO's!!

Love your avi pic!!

Amber, CWAHM to Kaelin (02-07) Kiley (07-09) and Kamryn (12-11)
Like us on Facebook
HeavenlyHold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:44 AM   #3
Namaste

Peace To All Who Enter
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyHold View Post
We are going through a tough time right now. DH and I thankfully both have jobs, but his is very stressful right now and he is thinking of doing something else.

I'm PG!! Due in July!! AND I'll (hopefully) be leaving the classroom to be at home full time with my LO's!!

Love your avi pic!!

Congrats!

I was wondering where this thread went - lol.

New year is off to a stellar start - we've been sick for about two weeks with bad colds and then I had some dental work done and have been in pain for about 5 days. BUT, other than that, off to a great start. I was officially voted in to the Bishop's Committee and now am part of this "governing" body. I go on a retreat next month (yeah - Episcopal retreats are rumored to be great fun!) and am starting a class in a couple of weeks. DH still isn't interested in going, but in time, I think he'll come around.

Anybody else?
Old 01-27-2009, 08:47 AM   #4
Namaste

Peace To All Who Enter
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugaboo View Post
LOs have been busy being sick due to the cold and/or teething. Luckly we went to FL shortly after finding out our oldest had an ear infection so my dad (a chiropractor) was able to fix it drug free and we had a chance to see a homeopath. We are trying to get healthy it is just so hard during the winter months.
I love homeopaths! But, it is hard to get rid of stuff when everyone is cooped up in the house. Even here where it is a warm winter, we still get colds.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:16 AM   #5
bugaboo
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

Love your avi pic!!

I know how you and your DH feel. DH works for Walmart and in these times...it looks like that may one of the few places that will get through all this so he does not want to leave...but sadly Walmart is not the best place to work for so he is unhappy but because it is stable he does not want to give it up. Congrats on the baby...are you going to find out what it is before hand? I have someone in our sunday school class that didnt...one should get extra brownie points..I could never do that.
"Freedom is not Free"
bugaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:20 AM   #6
HeavenlyHold
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm not going to find out the gender, but DH is!!! I wish he would wait and enjoy the surprise...we knew with DD #1...he says it'll be no problem keeping the secret from me...we'll see!

Amber, CWAHM to Kaelin (02-07) Kiley (07-09) and Kamryn (12-11)
Like us on Facebook
HeavenlyHold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:13 AM   #7
luvmygirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi guys! So glad the Christian mama thread is back in action! These are very tough times, DH works on commission and we have barely been making the mortgage and other bills.. I have been struggling with things like jealousy lately, as it seems that my bil's and sil's are all getting promotions and raises, and I have count out change to buy the babies milk. So I have been praying about that, b/c I hate that I have those feelings and that is not really how I am. I don't know. I just keep praying God's will be done in our lives. Oh, and I cut my hand open on a can lid and had to go to the emergency room right before Christmas Day. I have a $5000.00 deductible so the bill will be about $1000.00 (conservatively) and I am so bummed out about that! But, as I sat in the ER wait room I just kept praising the Lord that it was just a cut that needed to be stitched and not something serious!

Free money with Swagbucks! http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=345855
luvmygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:15 AM   #8
luvmygirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I'm not going to find out the gender, but DH is!!! I wish he would wait and enjoy the surprise...we knew with DD #1...he says it'll be no problem keeping the secret from me...we'll see!
Oh it's such a great surprise! We didn't find out the gender for the twins and boy oh boy were we ALL shocked (including the doctor!) when it was fraternal twin girls!! It was the best not knowing! Congrats on baby #2!

Free money with Swagbucks! http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=345855
luvmygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:25 AM   #9
jessicap
Registered Users
seller

Things here have been pretty rough, but we have been blessed through it all...it is just a matter of keeping that in mind. My DH lost his job Dec 31 and there is so little up here in his field and we do not have the option to move anywhere else and we have a baby due in April....definately was a huge deal in our lives. But we are learning to live on less and the difference between a want and a need. Fortunately we are still able to pay the important bills and groceries, that is the important thing.

I am also working this year on being a better help meet...the idea is kind of foreign to me, but has been put on my heart now for some time, so that has been my biggest challenge..lol working through it one step at a time.

I am glad to see a Christian momma thread...I have seen a few but then lost where they were in the past.
jessicap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:58 PM   #10
Namaste

Peace To All Who Enter
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmygirls View Post
Hi guys! So glad the Christian mama thread is back in action! These are very tough times, DH works on commission and we have barely been making the mortgage and other bills.. I have been struggling with things like jealousy lately, as it seems that my bil's and sil's are all getting promotions and raises, and I have count out change to buy the babies milk. So I have been praying about that, b/c I hate that I have those feelings and that is not really how I am. I don't know. I just keep praying God's will be done in our lives. Oh, and I cut my hand open on a can lid and had to go to the emergency room right before Christmas Day. I have a $5000.00 deductible so the bill will be about $1000.00 (conservatively) and I am so bummed out about that! But, as I sat in the ER wait room I just kept praising the Lord that it was just a cut that needed to be stitched and not something serious!

Ouch! Man, that's a high deductible, but better than none at all, huh? Call the hospital to see if you can get the bill to come down. If you can, offer a lump sum payment of a certain percentage and call it even. They do that sometimes.