Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-20-2015, 11:50 AM   #1
qdolney
Registered Users

Stripping or Sanitizing Naturally

I bought some used 4.0s and now i need to make sure they are clean clean for the new babe. How can i do this naturally without bleach? Thanks!

Advertisement

qdolney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 12:18 PM   #2
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Stripping or Sanitizing Naturally

Does your machine have a sanitize cycle? Not good to use all the time but the water is so hot it should kill most everything and do any stripping as well.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 02:34 PM   #3
qdolney
Registered Users

Unfortunately there is no sanitize cycle on my old school, yet newer, machine.
qdolney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 03:04 PM   #4
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There are differing opinions but really if you are going to buy used diapers I would use bleach. I hate bleach but I use it when its makes since.

Sure things like Tea Tree Oil can kill some, maybe everything, but the ratio you need to use with the amt of water in a washer would be more ridicules than people realize. A Couple drops of TTO in the gallons of water in your washer isn't going to do anything, in my opinion.

You could boil the MF inserts to "strip" them, or just do hot washes when detergent, then again without and see if there are bubbles or if the smell after dried.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 04-20-2015 at 03:06 PM.
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote