Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-28-2009, 11:46 AM   #111
essnce629
Registered Users

Re: How is your diaper station set up? Long post with lots of pictures

Here's my setup for baby #2 due at the end of May.

On top in the first bin I have snappis, diaper rash cream, anti-bacterial hand gel, and bulb syringe. Then I have my cloth wipes (still need about 20 more) and wipes warmer where I will keep my warm wipes solution.

On the second row in the first bin I have covers and fleece liners. In the second bin I have prefolds and doublers.

On the third row in the first bin I have blankets and towels. In the second bin I have fitteds and pockets.

Advertisement

essnce629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:04 PM   #112
sunnymw
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

super cute! I am revamping, so no pics until next week sometime. And plus we're probably moving soon. Maybe once we get where we're going
Old 03-28-2009, 03:23 PM   #113
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Those are all awesome! I wish we could put ours in the bathroom, but ours is MUCH too tiny.
This is in our son's room. (He's not due until May 1st.)

The wicker basket contains all of his newborn/small diapers. On top are cloth wipes. The wire rack to the side has a basket of sposies on top for when he needs a trimmer fit for certian outfits, or we'll be out all day. The 2nd shelf is small wool, our med. wetbag, and preemie/infant pfs.
The 3rd shelf are inserts and med wool, and the bottom in the bins are our 12 OS. (Need to get more, but we'll get there! )
My cousin is sending a P&P w/bassinet and changing table, which my parents are bringing with when they come for his birth. That will go in the living room with the newborn stash for awhile. Then be moved to our room when he outgrows his bassinet.
mrseum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:44 AM   #114
Deanie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaggarwal View Post
This inspired me to take pics too. I have twins so do everything in their room where I can have one guy playing on the floor (and usually emptying the hamper or closet or getting stuck behind the chair) while I change the other baby. I keep the hanging pail in the bathroom though for the same reason- I dont want a baby to empty that all over the floor while I am busy with the other one! This was attempted when I used to keep the hanging pail on the dresser knob.
top drawer wipes and liners
I just bought some of the same flannel that you have for your wipes ... the kind w/ the animals on it! I figured it would be the cheapest way to do it and for crying out loud it can't be that hard to make a wipe! I'm assuming you made yours too?
Old 04-02-2009, 02:34 AM   #115
MommyBear
Registered Users

Amazing set up... you've totally inspired me, and I haven't even had my kiddo yet!
MommyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:24 AM   #116
n-training
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks!
n-training is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:01 AM   #117
twinyy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OK Really neat and beautiful, but question, you stated that little mama can not roll yet, how old is she?
twinyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:23 PM   #118
mom2estella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow Prudence--what a fantastic thread! I'm super jealous of your bathroom set-up--What I wouldn't give to have running water and a toliet by our changing station. Running poopy diapers to the bathroom is starting to get old.

Not all our dipes are clean, but here's our set-up:

Our changing area is in Estella's room.

Here's the diaper pail and next to that, the hamper. Our laundry room is behind the kitchen, so I just pull the bag out and run the dipes over there when I need to wash them. All of our wool lives on the blue shelf. (Although sometimes it ends up drying on the radiator.)

On the top of the dresser is the changing pad, the wipes warmer with cloth wipes and a canvas bin where I keep extra wipe solution in a peri bottle, snappis, lotions, baby oil, diaper cream, hand sanitizer, and any recent medication that Estella needs. I put a very distracting looking mirror near her head to occupy her. There's also a musical balloon mobile I hung overhead that she gets a kick out of.

To the left of the dresser is a hanging door organizer where I keep burp cloths and bibs.

In the left cabinet, I have sleepers in the green bin. (We're using these less and less as the weather gets warmer, so I'll probably end up moving them.) On the bottom are extra changing pad covers, extra burp cloths, and stuff that I have on FSOT.

Top drawer has liners, snap covers (I keep these in a tiny teacup so they don't get lost), extra wipes, and dipes. Most of the dipes I keep in this drawer are in the wash.

More dipes in the middle drawer.

Bottom drawer has t-shirts, socks, Babylegs, and Sposoeasys for when we go out. (Dipes that we aren't currently using are kept in flat rubbermaid containers under DH's and my bed.)

In the right cabinet, I keep another green bin with 3 dividers for medicine, grooming stuff (nail clippers, files, brush/comb, etc.) and lanolizing supplies. I also keep cotton balls, q-tips, emergency disposable wipes, and a bottle of Pedialyte here. On the bottom, I keep diaper bag stuff--wet bags, changing pads, wipes containers, a bottle bag, and extra liners for the diaper pail.

And here's the little lady.

Last edited by mom2estella; 04-03-2009 at 08:01 PM. Reason: photos added
mom2estella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:46 PM   #119
momomommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, sheesh! Organize my house too! I don't have any form of a diaper changing station...there are diaper parts all over my house. When I need to change my son's diaper I wonder around the house looking for a clean cover till I find one and then I go to the couch where I've dumped my clean dipe laundry from the night before...lol. I do dipe laundry every day, so I can't seem to ever keep up with actually putting anything away.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:01 PM   #120
Kerry
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy'n'Kids View Post
LOL! I've met my match!!!!

Here's my diaper storage

I have wipes solution, balm, lanolin, wool wash in one bin
Wipes in another
Wool covers
Hemp inserts/doublers
Bamboo doublers
Microfiber doublers
PUL covers
AIOs in 2
Fitteds
AIOs for Daddy to grab
Favorite fitteds

Then in my laundry room, I have it super-organized because it's such a small space!

There are dirty laundry baskets for: Whites, Colors, Darks
Plus a separate one for DH's work clothes, and then one for diapers.
I have a hanging rack right next to the dryer, so when my semi-dry diapers come out of the dryer, I can hang them on hangers easily.

For clean laundry, as it comes out of the dryer, I organize it into laundry baskets.

One for my daughter, one for my older son, one for DH, one for me
One for pajamas for the kids
One for underwear and socks
One for towels
One for baby laundry
One for baby blankets
One for baby bedding
My dream system....
-http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...=1#post6502429
Kerry is offline   Reply With Quote