Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-17-2006, 05:37 AM   #1
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

Cosleeping bed hog

I have a king size bed & usually it's just me & DS yet I still get pushed to the edge of the bed... oh & I'm talking about a 15 lb infant. How's this happen?! My back is always killing me when I wake too.

Advertisement

Old 05-17-2006, 01:18 PM   #2
aschrimp
Registered Users

Re: Cosleeping bed hog

LOL - we had the same problem. My DH woke up one morning with a foot braced against the wall to keep from falling out of bed.

He sleeps up against a soft mesh toddler bed roll-off guard rail on the one side. I made a little pad with a bolster attached, just wide enough to be a comfy sleeping area for ds. It works like a baby body pillow. I started the bolster at shoulder level, so I can still nurse him comfortably, and it is low enough that I can easily snuggle a leg or arm around him comfortably, and he can bump over it if he really wants to (like if I roll all the way across the bed when dh gets out or something. But for the most part, it keeps him in his space, and I can roll over during the night without disturbing him. If your ds sleeps in the middle, you could probably put bolsters on both sides...

I think you can kind of see it in this pic we took of a critical diaper failure. There is a yellow blanket laid over the top - the green is the bolster pillow.

Andrea - Mama to Lexy (9/7/05) & Serenity (3/14/09)! My Feedback: DS EBay
aschrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:38 PM   #3
jennyofthemoon
Registered Users
seller

Yeah, been there

When dd#1 was little it was just me and her cuz dh worked nights. Even as a tiny baby, she was a major bed hog. How it happens is this....she wanted to be close to me. We'd start out basically in the middle of the bed, I'd move over, she'd move to be touching me, I'd move away, she's move closer....and on and on until I was just about out of bed and she was sleeping sideways enjoying my big ol' bed Eventually I tired of waking up with a horrible backache (and no blankets on me) and put a rolled up blanket between us. I also ofund that if i layed her sideways, with her head touching me a bit, she could wiggle and kick and not really move and crowd me, so I could stay put and actually sleep. Good luck!
jennyofthemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:46 PM   #4
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyofthemoon
Yeah, been there

When dd#1 was little it was just me and her cuz dh worked nights. Even as a tiny baby, she was a major bed hog. How it happens is this....she wanted to be close to me. We'd start out basically in the middle of the bed, I'd move over, she'd move to be touching me, I'd move away, she's move closer....and on and on until I was just about out of bed and she was sleeping sideways enjoying my big ol' bed Eventually I tired of waking up with a horrible backache (and no blankets on me) and put a rolled up blanket between us. I also ofund that if i layed her sideways, with her head touching me a bit, she could wiggle and kick and not really move and crowd me, so I could stay put and actually sleep. Good luck!
That's a good idea. Thanks. I think it's so crazy how, even from birth my 4 mo cold move closer to me. I mean I could actually put him a 20 inches from me & he'd move closer to me.