Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2009, 10:49 PM   #11
elioraimmanuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Sick of being the Favorite!

We all get "needed and touched out," Mama. Take a bit of time for yourself. I do have one that wouldn't allow me to meet any of her needs, except BFing for 25 months. She wouldn't kiss me goodnight, turned her face away. DH said that it would bother him. I was ecstatic that she loved her Daddy so. Then DS came around and that all changed...as soon as she had real competion, she wanted me.

Now, DS is all about Me! He tugs at my heart soo. It is such a short time that our LO's need us. If you get a bit of time to yourself and a bit of help from DH, maybe you'll get some perspective. Soon enough this special time will be gone!

Advertisement

Old 01-30-2009, 11:25 PM   #12
ACSNMama
Registered Users,br>Formerly: Mrs***08
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4girls View Post
They know that minute might easily be a few hrs (you cant get him off his internet game he plays). I totally understand.
Wow DH here used to not care for the computer, NOW he lives on the thing playing the d@mn games! We don't have video games except N64 (we're so outdated in that aspect). And today he was fixated on doing the taxes, that's fine and dandy not listening to a word I said!

I breastfed my son as well, I think it just wasn't AS demanding because it was him only. DS has been jealous of newborn DD so it has been rough. He went through a stage at the beginning where he DIDN'T want me, it was as if he resented me for bringing DD home.

Then he went through a strictly Mommy stage, NO DADDY. Now he's starting to let Daddy read him stories and such before bed but certain things I still have to do which is ok, but the most frustrating part is the fact that it always seems to land on the moments DD needs to eat. I think that's part of my issue.

Whenever she is awake during the day and not fussing it's almost like I'm always anticipating her starting to fuss. I spoke to a few mom friends who've said the same thing. There is that peaceful feeling or shall I say relaxing feeling when you know the kids are sleeping and you actually have a few hours to do...well whatever you want to!

I told DH tomorrow I'm going out alone to do some shopping...buying a high chair (I have a coupon and sounds like a great reason to get out of the house). Maybe stop a few other places. I don't know, I'll find something to do!

ACSNMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 12:21 PM   #13
MammaBx3!
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nope. You will never have a moment to yourself again. Not event to go poop or take a shower

I know exactly how you feel, mama.

Hang in there!
MammaBx3! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:21 PM   #14
crystalanne79
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I totally understand. My dd is attached to my dh and he is by far her favorite but with our ds he is such a mama's boy it's not even funny. They both have their advantages and disadvantages! It can be really hard not being the favorite too, trust me. I also have my "me" time after the kids go to bed.

crystalanne79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:41 PM   #15
WhatWasIThinking
Registered Users

My Mood:

I do stay up late also to get some me time! Glad to that I'm not the only one!

We are on our second round of the tummy flu so of course I am everyones favorite now!!!!!!!
WhatWasIThinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 03:42 PM   #16
princesshannon
Registered Users

i can't even hide in the bathroom anymore b/c ds2 has discovered how to take apart the doorknob covers and bust right on in....AGGHHHHHHHHHHH!
princesshannon is offline   Reply With Quote