Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2009, 11:03 PM   #1
TJR2119
Registered Users

My Mood:
B2B Weekend Chatter!

Well it's 1 AM so it's the weekend

DD is STILL awake!!! She's exhausted but does not want me to hold her and does not want to be laying down in her bassinet. She just wants to sit in her bouncy seat so I have her in there and I'm rocking the seat with my foot. I was falling asleep so I logged on to have something help me pass the time until she knocks out.

WOTB: small periwinkle fb stuffed with an ubipf.

Advertisement

TJR2119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:13 PM   #2
kristini2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: B2B Weekend Chatter!

Awww, I miss the days of being up with a tiny baby. I know it's exhausting and hard when you're in the middle of it, but oh what a special time. Give her a snuggle for me -- in the morning once you've both had some sleep.

It's only 10pm here, but I'm ready for the weekend!!
Old 01-30-2009, 11:14 PM   #3
slaloms
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hello...it's only 10 here, but I thought I'd pop in to say hi. We were really busy all day so I missed most of today's thread.

I am off to bed...#2 hardly slept last night which means I hardly slept last night. Hoping for more sleep tonight.

WOTB: #1 large old style FB stuffed with three Joey Bunz hemp inserts and a trifolded MF towel. #2 BG stuffed with the MF insert it comes with and a hemp insert.

Tania...good luck with your LO. Hopefully she falls asleep soon!
slaloms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:24 PM   #4
TJR2119
Registered Users

My Mood:

I our special time alone together but she has always been SO independent and she is in one of her "moods" where she doesn't want to be snuggled I've never seen a baby so young not want to be snuggled or held or rocked! She gets like that sometimes and tonight is one of those times. She just fell asleep in her bouncy seat so I'm headed to bed and taking her with me. I wish she would fall asleep alone and so easily in her crib but she will only do it in her bouncy seat and occasionally in her bassinet.

Night ladies!
TJR2119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 12:35 AM   #5
Lisathena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good night
Lisathena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:11 AM   #6
kaoh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR2119 View Post
I our special time alone together but she has always been SO independent and she is in one of her "moods" where she doesn't want to be snuggled I've never seen a baby so young not want to be snuggled or held or rocked! She gets like that sometimes and tonight is one of those times. She just fell asleep in her bouncy seat so I'm headed to bed and taking her with me. I wish she would fall asleep alone and so easily in her crib but she will only do it in her bouncy seat and occasionally in her bassinet.

Night ladies!
sounds like my DS1 - always had to be doing something, never wanted to just sit and chill.

WOTB: gad pocket stuffed with infant pf with sbish doubler. I have all these infant pfs that are not selling, may as well use them for something.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:19 AM   #7
my1hd
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR2119 View Post
Well it's 1 AM so it's the weekend

DD is STILL awake!!! She's exhausted but does not want me to hold her and does not want to be laying down in her bassinet. She just wants to sit in her bouncy seat so I have her in there and I'm rocking the seat with my foot. I was falling asleep so I logged on to have something help me pass the time until she knocks out.

WOTB: small periwinkle fb stuffed with an ubipf.
Its nice looking back on but not alwasy so nice when your in hte middle of it and can't keep your eyes open.

OK i need you to talk me out of (or possible into ) organic snap BGOS. They look so nice! And with 3 kids it would be nice to have some AIO's around paticularly in the summer.......... Are they really that good? I'm seriously considering selling the FB I bought to buy these instead. Ih ave enoug hfabirc to just make whatever pockets I need But I haven't had good luck making AIO's. they either leak or take 4 yrs to dry. It looksl ike the BG ones have a similar soaker to bumkins so they shouldn't take forever to dry right? Plus I feel like I'm starting to get a bunch of random pockets and its annoying me. I want a unform stash for her to keep my life easy and not confuse DH. But at the same time, I'm trying not to go over the 300.00 I already spent on her diapers nad I have a feeling if I bought those I would go over.
my1hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:27 AM   #8
RebeccaMomof3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

well ds and dd1 are off to grandma's house for the day, and dh is out teaching music lessons all day, so it is dd2 and I hope....we have lots to do....clean kitchen, cook up a storm, clean kitchen again but I will leave DS open and pop on and off throughout the day.

I need recipie suggestions for economical quick meals, and meals that can be doubled/tripled/frozen....any suggestions?
Old 01-31-2009, 06:42 AM   #9
my1hd
Registered Users

Buy a turkey.
-make turkey one night
-save meat for sandwhiches
-make pot pie I got 3 last time and they freeze awesome
-make stock (again freezes awesome.)
-last time i made Yummyy turkey burrito's that someone sugested on here. They cam out awesome and even with the whole wheat wraps ended up under 5 $ for the meal.
-make stir fry or fried rice out of left overs (if you make rice the first night with teh turkey then its even easier. Rice will keep pretty well in teh fridge)

Buy ground beef (not to cheap though) make meat balls, meat loaf, and then just cook some of it to toss in sauce, make tacos, with etc. All that freezes well.

If you want super cheap meals go with beans!
Senate soup is one of my favorites! its so yummy and gives me an excuse to make bread. *if you throw the cooked meat right inthe freezer has soon has it cools it will freeze well*

here is a rice and bean reciepe we like. I have made it useing black or kidney beans, and using, dried or canned beans.

8 oz dry black beans (or about 2 cans)
1 teaspoon salt (if I use canned i don't add this)
1 med onion quartered ( I love onions so I do more)
1/2 of a sweet pepper choppped (can sub in celery)
1/4 cup Olive oil ( I swear I never add this part....LOL)
3 cloves garlic crushed
1 small bay leaf
1/8 tsp oregano

If using dry beans soak and rinse

add beans an 4 cups of water to a sauce pan ( if you use canned beans just add the whole can of beans juice and all)
add salt and simmer about 45 min until beans are tender (skip this if using canned)
add everything else and cook about 20 minutes until its thick and creamy. serve over rice.

using canned beans really does make this a super quick easy meal and cheap too.
WOTB: Tiny tush snaps pocket stuffed with a ducky bunz hemp insert.

Last edited by my1hd; 01-31-2009 at 06:59 AM.
my1hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:46 AM   #10
RebeccaMomof3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

wotb - gmd red bleached pf snappied under bfl shorties tight fitting like boxer-briefs) with a sleeper.......wrapped in her blanket, she is sleeping on my lap