Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-31-2009, 06:58 AM   #11
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: B2B Weekend Chatter!

Morning ladies.

Rebecca, have you seen the $5 meals thread? It's in thrifty families and in the kitchen forums.

Advertisement

Old 01-31-2009, 07:03 AM   #12
my1hd
Registered Users

[
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Morning ladies.

Rebecca, have you seen the $5 meals thread? It's in thrifty families and in the kitchen forums.
Oh I need to go check that out. thanks
my1hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 07:04 AM   #13
kaoh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

On the agenda: post office, target run for cold meds (yeah, now I'm sick), throw the kids in the snow for awhile, watch monster's inc, stalk western sky knits, renew dog licenses, submit mfa applications, work on my portfolio, laundry, declutter for a half hour but when all is said and done I'd just be happy to get through the day without yelling at my kids or cursing at my dogs
Old 01-31-2009, 07:26 AM   #14
RebeccaMomof3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by my1hd View Post
using canned beans really does make this a super quick easy meal and cheap too.
WOTB: Tiny tush snaps pocket stuffed with a ducky bunz hemp insert.
THANKS! The bean one sounds perfect. A local grocery store has turkey on sale and I was going to have DH get one, but I have never cooked a turkey before
Old 01-31-2009, 07:27 AM   #15
RebeccaMomof3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Morning ladies.

I totally forgot about that thread! I had seen it before and ment to go back! Thanks Cheryl lol *mommy brain at work*
Old 01-31-2009, 07:28 AM   #16
RebeccaMomof3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoh View Post
On the agenda: post office, target run for cold meds (yeah, now I'm sick), throw the kids in the snow for awhile, watch monster's inc, stalk western sky knits, renew dog licenses, submit mfa applications, work on my portfolio, laundry, declutter for a half hour but when all is said and done I'd just be happy to get through the day without yelling at my kids or cursing at my dogs
I think I could have written this

I hope it all works out! If you want stalking help for WSK send me the link
Old 01-31-2009, 07:30 AM   #17
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm not sure why when I put a CD on #3 it looks fine, and when DH tries, it looks a little wonky. I'm not sure if the new fitteds are going to work (I made one more yesterday), at least for him. Plus they do not fully dry in the dryer in an hour, which while not a dealbreaker since the trainers don't either, is annoying. I guess I need to make some tweaks. A little bigger, fewer layers, with flap doublers (two thin ones), maybe longer tabs. DH is okay with putting in doublers, but not good at the placement - part of the wonkiness, I think.

Seriously, how hard is it to put on a diaper? He has no problem with sposies.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:33 AM   #18
RebeccaMomof3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OK mamas....I need some advice........I JUST got a dozen GMD light browns (UB) from a mama and they look GREAT...washed yesterday in regular diaper laundry and stacked them into the pile along with all my other GMD's. Last night I put a GMD light brown on DD for overnight, and this morning I went to change her........OMG SERIOUS STINKY PEE DIAPER. Like I think the ammonia scent peeled the paint off the walls and made my eyes water. Thank goodness it had two doublers (cause its overnight) and none of the diaper was touching her bum.

so NOW what do I do? There are 6 gmd light browns mixed in with the "offenders" so I have no way of knowing which are which, so whatever I am going to "do" will be done to 18 diapers, not just 12.

should I vinegar soak? Wash on hot? Use dish liquid detergent? WHAT DO I DO? FTR I use a top loader.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:36 AM   #19
mom2sadieandbean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning ladies! So glad it's the weekend - I've had to work late the last two nights thanks to basketball season. When you are the band director and your team has a home game, you are expected to have the band there. Thursday, I had just enough time to drive home (25 miles) nurse Amelia, throw a couple diapers in the diaper bag, and drive back. I just missed the singing of the national anthem, but my student is experienced enough, I wasn't too worried. I'm just barely keeping up most days with expressed milk, and sometimes I'm not at all so when I can come home to get her, I normally do. I'd like to bring both girls, but Sadie doesn't sit still well for any length of time, and I can hand Amelia off to one of my co-workers or one of the band parents while the band plays.

WOTB: Amelia - still asleep in a sposie, Sadie - nothing - dh took her diaper off when he got up a few minutes ago. I admit I should have taken it off sooner, but we were vegging in front of the TV and computer.

WOTA: I'd like to do some sewing and decluttering today. I had an idea for making some coordinating sets for the girls for Valentine's day. I have some pink fleece sitting unused that I could make a couple pairs of longies out of. I'll do hammock soakers even though they make have Thirsties covers on if we go to town. I'll embellish a couple t-shirts and the longies with hearts cut out of some woven cotton I have. DH doesn't want matchy matchy outfits so I have to figure out something to make them just a little different. I also have some "natural" colored fleece that I could incorporate somehow as well. I may also make some QSFW diapers without the snaps. I'm liking no fasteners on my diapers that I sew lately.

We were expecting our income tax refund yesterday and it didn't come. We had to license our van and it overdrew our account. DH gets paid Tuesday so we have to make do until Monday at least on groceries. I might be able to get a few things today if we have to. (Our local grocery store is a mom-and-pop place that doesn't process checks very quickly.)
mom2sadieandbean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 07:37 AM   #20
my1hd
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebeccaMomof3 View Post
THANKS! The bean one sounds perfect. A local grocery store has turkey on sale and I was going to have DH get one, but I have never cooked a turkey before

Seriously turkeys are sooooo easy to cook! Just follow the directions on the package.

Quote:
I'm not sure why when I put a CD on #3 it looks fine, and when DH tries, it looks a little wonky. I'm not sure if the new fitteds are going to work (I made one more yesterday), at least for him. Plus they do not fully dry in the dryer in an hour, which while not a dealbreaker since the trainers don't either, is annoying. I guess I need to make some tweaks. A little bigger, fewer layers, with flap doublers (two thin ones), maybe longer tabs. DH is okay with putting in doublers, but not good at the placement - part of the wonkiness, I think.

Seriously, how hard is it to put on a diaper? He has no problem with sposies.
How about pocket fitteds? All prestuffed and ready to go?

Todays to do list:
grocery shop
Get off my but and sweep up the popcorn that is all over my floor
take kids outside
rest because I feel like I'm coming down with something. I hate winter
my1hd is offline   Reply With Quote