Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-31-2009, 07:38 AM   #21
RebeccaMomof3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: B2B Weekend Chatter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
I'm not sure why when I put a CD on #3 it looks fine, and when DH tries, it looks a little wonky. I'm not sure if the new fitteds are going to work (I made one more yesterday), at least for him. Plus they do not fully dry in the dryer in an hour, which while not a dealbreaker since the trainers don't either, is annoying. I guess I need to make some tweaks. A little bigger, fewer layers, with flap doublers (two thin ones), maybe longer tabs. DH is okay with putting in doublers, but not good at the placement - part of the wonkiness, I think.

Seriously, how hard is it to put on a diaper? He has no problem with sposies.
here's a question; does he "want" to change diapers and use cloth? Is he one of those guys who does something "wrong" just so they won't have to do it? For ds and dd1 dh changed LOTS of diapers. With ds we used cloth fitteds and he was all for it (we just used them until he was 6 months and outgrew them and then we stopped.) this time around he rarely changes her....he says he doesn't like the snappi, and has no idea how it works. I TRIED showing him and he won't even WATCH. I got him some "daddy diapers" (some cheap Kushies AIO's off craigslist) and he uses those when I am not home (on Tuesdays he is home alone with 3 kids for less then 2 hours) but that is the ONLY time he changes her.

It is frustrating.

Sorry I didn't seem to help you at all

Advertisement

Old 01-31-2009, 07:40 AM   #22
momma2Mimi07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by my1hd View Post
Its nice looking back on but not alwasy so nice when your in hte middle of it and can't keep your eyes open.

OK i need you to talk me out of (or possible into ) organic snap BGOS. They look so nice! And with 3 kids it would be nice to have some AIO's around paticularly in the summer.......... Are they really that good? I'm seriously considering selling the FB I bought to buy these instead. Ih ave enoug hfabirc to just make whatever pockets I need But I haven't had good luck making AIO's. they either leak or take 4 yrs to dry. It looksl ike the BG ones have a similar soaker to bumkins so they shouldn't take forever to dry right? Plus I feel like I'm starting to get a bunch of random pockets and its annoying me. I want a unform stash for her to keep my life easy and not confuse DH. But at the same time, I'm trying not to go over the 300.00 I already spent on her diapers nad I have a feeling if I bought those I would go over.
I liked them a lot when I had them, I miss mine now, DF said he would like it if I got 4 just for him and his mom when she has her... I am considering it... But IDK... They do dry fairly fast for an AIO I think since the soaker part is "split up" it takes a LOT less time then if it was all sewen in together! They are nice and worth the $$ IMHO! HTH
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebeccaMomof3 View Post
THANKS! The bean one sounds perfect. A local grocery store has turkey on sale and I was going to have DH get one, but I have never cooked a turkey before
Me Either....
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
I'm not sure why when I put a CD on #3 it looks fine, and when DH tries, it looks a little wonky. I'm not sure if the new fitteds are going to work (I made one more yesterday), at least for him. Plus they do not fully dry in the dryer in an hour, which while not a dealbreaker since the trainers don't either, is annoying. I guess I need to make some tweaks. A little bigger, fewer layers, with flap doublers (two thin ones), maybe longer tabs. DH is okay with putting in doublers, but not good at the placement - part of the wonkiness, I think.

Seriously, how hard is it to put on a diaper? He has no problem with sposies.
It must be a man thing!

Good MORNING! lol! We have been up since 8 but just now snagged a chance at the pc! We are having a play date here today, which should be fun cause it is going to be through her nap time..... I wasnt thinking when I set it up! So we will see how that goes Plus I can't wait to share my stash with this momma, she cds too, and she is a B2B girl too! ITs cool! She likes going through my stash cause I have "luxary" diapers in her eyes... She is silly! Anyways I will check back in later with Pics of the Trimfolds cause we are going to try those out today! ALL of my stash is clean except the night time diaper from last night! WOOHOO! I love that!
WOTB: Flannel "flat" and MEAF
Expecting Sweet Baby#3 in Early May
momma2Mimi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 07:41 AM   #23
my1hd
Registered Users

add to my list call the dang phone company and figure out why my phone won't call out.

oh and get all the newborn stuff washed up to sell ::::sniff:::: I'm having issues here. Anyone have goodl uck on craigslist? I'm thinking with the prefolds being so heavy I would be better off trying to sell there.........

Last edited by my1hd; 01-31-2009 at 07:45 AM.
my1hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 07:44 AM   #24
momma2Mimi07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

YUCK!
Old 01-31-2009, 07:46 AM   #25
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Diapersewingdivas never sent me an approval to get in, so I don't know if that other diaper is the same as the flat thing. I give up.

DH just has problems with kiddie clothes in general. He has a lot of problems putting clothes on them that FIT. He prefers to put them in things that are too big because it's easier. I think the CDs are the same way. The problem is if you put on a CD that's too big beyond a certain point then it is not effective, especially on a mobile baby. I'm sure he'd like tabs that meet in the middle, but then when baby runs off the sides would sag down. To be fair I didn't put a doubler in the fitted when I took the pic yesterday, I will try it with the other one today and see how much the doubler makes a difference in the fit.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:50 AM   #26
flobee76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good morning ladies. DS woke up TOO early today- 5:30am. I thought if I nursed him, he'd go back to sleep. He tricked me. He didn't go back to sleep. DH got up with him anyway since they are going to a "Men's Breakfast" at our church. DH was so excited to bring the little guy.

I have been really tired these last few days. I think that it's my body telling me to rest up for delivery. So, I've been trying to finish up a pair of longies. I found a free pattern and they look SO tiny. I mean, unusually tiny. I just hope that they fit because I am NOT starting over. I still need to knit up 2 hats and 2 prs of booties. All this business of NOT finding out the gender of this baby is really irritating! DH needs to learn how to knit if he insists on NOT wanting to find out!

DD and I have reservations at a local English tea room. I am so excited to take her. As of right now, she has no idea. My DD is a girly-girl all the way and she is going to be thrilled. Since DH is having a boys' morning out, DD and I will have a girls' afternoon out. It will be a special time for us before the baby is born.

WOTB: DH put an ATD AIO on DS.
Mom to DD (5/04), DS (8/07), DD (2/09)DD (5/13), Blessing #4 in the arms of Jesus 11/2011

Jesus-follower, Traditional Foodie, Homeschooler, frugal-er
flobee76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 08:15 AM   #27
RebeccaMomof3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flobee76 View Post
Good morning ladies. DS woke up TOO early today- 5:30am. I thought if I nursed him, he'd go back to sleep. He tricked me. He didn't go back to sleep. DH got up with him anyway since they are going to a "Men's Breakfast" at our church. DH was so excited to bring the little guy.

I have been really tired these last few days. I think that it's my body telling me to rest up for delivery. So, I've been trying to finish up a pair of longies. I found a free pattern and they look SO tiny. I mean, unusually tiny. I just hope that they fit because I am NOT starting over. I still need to knit up 2 hats and 2 prs of booties. All this business of NOT finding out the gender of this baby is really irritating! DH needs to learn how to knit if he insists on NOT wanting to find out!

DD and I have reservations at a local English tea room. I am so excited to take her. As of right now, she has no idea. My DD is a girly-girl all the way and she is going to be thrilled. Since DH is having a boys' morning out, DD and I will have a girls' afternoon out. It will be a special time for us before the baby is born.

on the getting up early. I agree, I think that being tired is your body's way of telling you to rest up. How cute the boys going to breakfast LOL at DH knitting and they fit. And AWWwww on the girls tea party what a great idea!
Old 01-31-2009, 08:24 AM   #28
momma2Mimi07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

AWWWWW A TEA PARTY that sounds SO fun!
Old 01-31-2009, 08:29 AM   #29
RebeccaMomof3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I found this link on HC for free diaper patterns...thought someone might be able to use it
http://hyenacart.com/FernandFaerie/index.php?p=60782
Old 01-31-2009, 08:30 AM   #30
Bumstoppers
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flobee76 View Post

I actually like not knowing the sex until delivery time....course this next time around-its gonna be a little trickier as I'm gonna have whole stashes for girls and boys and the wool and finally the clothing that I made....I just hope that I can still sell somewhere when the time comes becuase I will have some awesome stuff in the wrong gender
Bumstoppers is offline   Reply With Quote