Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-31-2009, 05:27 AM   #1
serendipity10410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Early morning BSRB Weekend of waiting

Good morning mamas! I am up early today, as X has a swim class in the afternoon, so i want to make sure he gets up in time to have two naps before 3 PM

I know on the thread yesterday I forgot to answer the qotd, "what are you doing this weekend?" but that's because i am just missing my DH
Hence, the title of the thread: i am just spending the weekend waiting to visit my DH! (and i am also waiting for my TIAN from Joyce, but i will be waiting until after vacation for that...)

There is not much to do, because all my friends spend the weekends with their DH's so that leaves X and I to just hang on our own. Ah, well, at least we have our swim lessons at the Y to look forward to!

I am going to post the thread just in case any one else is enough to be up early on a Saturday ... I won't hold my breath BRB

Ok, so far so good, i do not see another thread yet

There is not much for me to say today, and i am at a loss as to the qotd, as i too, had considered asking for belly pics but we did that yesterday. Ok, i guess i better get some breakfast and pack up even more FSOT for the mail pickup today!

Advertisement

and not-so- newbie L 11/10

Last edited by serendipity10410; 01-31-2009 at 06:52 AM.
serendipity10410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 05:45 AM   #2
pennybelly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Early morning BSRB Weekend of waiting

good morning!

i've been up with dd2 since 6am. she has been keeping me up for almost 2 months with 4-5 feedings a night. for the past 5 nights i have been sleeping on the couch (dd2 is still in our room because we only have 2 bdrm). welllll for 4 nights in a row she has only been waking for ONE feeding in between 1-2am!!!! i actually feel rested for once! so i just finished the dishes, cleaned the stove top and now i'm preparing dh's coffee

i hope all of you bsrb mamas have a great weekend!

Last edited by pennybelly; 01-31-2009 at 05:54 AM.
pennybelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:12 AM   #3
mrsdi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning!
I'm up, too.
My friend stopped over last night 'for an hour' and that turned into 4-5 hours. It was so nice to see her and hang out to have some adult conversation. Of course, it turned into a therapy session, but it was needed. I didn't get to bed until after 1am, so getting up this morning was a little rough. However, we're up and starting our day. Where's that coffee?

Off to yoga at 10am...oh, and DH told me last night that I can definitely take the teacher training class. So, that starts at the end of March, and I'm looking forward to it already. At least it will be spring, and he can take C out for walks, etc. while I'm gone since we're a single car household. It's only one Fri/Sat a month, but I already know that I'll be really looking forward to those weekend.

Last night was the 2nd time I tried the TIAN....great, yet again. I'm so happy.

Sara--I'm sorry you're missing DH. You're leaving Monday, right? Do you have everything packed up?
Have fun at the Y today!!
That's great that you sold stuff on FSOT! What have you sold so far?
I'm really tempted to list a couple of my B4s to help fund that BSRB custom (& my new yarn addiction.)

Jess--That's great that DD has been only getting up for one feeding for 4 nights! Isn't that the best feeling? Rested mama=happy mama, IMO.

I'm at a loss for a QOTD, too. Hopefully someone is feeling creative this weekend.

Ok, off to get myself together and figure out what to make for breakfast.

mrsdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:31 AM   #4
serendipity10410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jess, i am so happy to hear that you got some much-needed sleep!

Di, having a night with a friend like that sounds like a great time
And we are leaving on Monday, and no, i do not have anything packed Today's projects include laundry and then packing

I sold two B4s , a bummis super brite, a pair of homemade dryer balls (dh does not like the banging noise in the dryer , a 2by2 fleece soaker , and two BG AIOs.

The B4s were CV, and i prefer OBV for them. The 2by2 fleece was so hard to give up, but i am getting away from unnatural fibers, and i would rather get some wool soakers

Did you all hear about the CPSIA Law? here is a link to a discussion on here about it:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...d.php?t=658999
they granted a one-year stay of testing! This is great, and all, but i wonder now if they will ever be able to exclude cloth diapers/clothing or if it is a matter of time.

Old 01-31-2009, 06:50 AM   #5
serendipity10410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh, and Di, I am so happy that you will be taking the yoga instructor classes!! That's awesome :0)

Old 01-31-2009, 06:58 AM   #6
mrsdi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipity10410 View Post
Jess, i am so happy to hear that you got some much-needed sleep!

Di, having a night with a friend like that sounds like a great time
And we are leaving on Monday, and no, i do not have anything packed Today's projects include laundry and then packing

I sold two B4s , a bummis super brite, a pair of homemade dryer balls (dh does not like the banging noise in the dryer , a 2by2 fleece soaker , and two BG AIOs.

The B4s were CV, and i prefer OBV for them. The 2by2 fleece was so hard to give up, but i am getting away from unnatural fibers, and i would rather get some wool soakers

Did you all hear about the CPSIA Law? here is a link to a discussion on here about it:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...d.php?t=658999
they granted a one-year stay of testing! This is great, and all, but i wonder now if they will ever be able to exclude cloth diapers/clothing or if it is a matter of time.
I had to about DH and the dryer balls. I have the plastic ones (which I don't care for) because my DH is the same way. He walked around the house saying 'what IS that noise???!!'

ITA about the OBV B4s vs. the CV. Perhaps I'll try to list mine at some point.

Oh, bummer about the fleece. Yet another thing I agree on, though. I have 2 pair of longies that we love for during the day, but that's it. C is in wool the rest of the time. I do like the fleece for around the house since she's army crawling and I'm tired of shaving wool.

Heehee about not packing yet. I'm one of those people that walks around the house for days thinking about what to pack, then running around the night before actually putting those things into the suitcase instead of just thinking about them.

Oh, and Cass if you pop in--I saw the pics of your tattoos yesterday...so pretty!! I love that each one has a meaning.

Ok, off to feed C breakfast & work on getting DH up so I can head out.

Have a great morning!

mrsdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 07:03 AM   #7
Jordan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning mamas! I don't know how much I'll be around today because I have a lot to do and I'm determined to not let DS suck me in.

Sara- Swim lessons sound fun! I wanted to do that, but the times are crazy and I would have to have someone to watch the other ds because you know I can only do one at a time.

Jess- Yay for getting sleep last night!

Diana- I'm glad your getting to take the yoga instuctor class. I know it was important to you.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:03 AM   #8
serendipity10410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdi View Post
I had to about DH and the dryer balls. I have the plastic ones (which I don't care for) because my DH is the same way. He walked around the house saying 'what IS that noise???!!'

ITA about the OBV B4s vs. the CV. Perhaps I'll try to list mine at some point.

Oh, bummer about the fleece. Yet another thing I agree on, though. I have 2 pair of longies that we love for during the day, but that's it. C is in wool the rest of the time. I do like the fleece for around the house since she's army crawling and I'm tired of shaving wool.

Heehee about not packing yet. I'm one of those people that walks around the house for days thinking about what to pack, then running around the night before actually putting those things into the suitcase instead of just thinking about them.

Oh, and Cass if you pop in--I saw the pics of your tattoos yesterday...so pretty!! I love that each one has a meaning.

Ok, off to feed C breakfast & work on getting DH up so I can head out.

Have a great morning!
I am because of the highlight above. That is exactly what happened with my DH!!

And about packing, instead of packing the actual suitcase, i have a running list on my fridge, and when i think of something i will need, it goes onto the list

ok gotta run, X is getting cranky. Might be nap time already!

Old 01-31-2009, 07:07 AM   #9
aranel7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm here ladies and I did NOT wake up early today For some unknown reason, Juliana recently became a baby who STTN straight through until 8:30am. I don't know why or how this happened because we're not doing anything different about her bed time or nighttime routine, but it is absolute HEAVEN. Prior to these recent nights of STTN, it had been a little more than 2.5 years since my last uninterrupted night of sleep because Howie didn't give up his one night waking until he was 18 months old, when Juliana was 3 months old and waking many more than 1 time. I'm almost afraid to type that BOTH of my kids have been STTN recently, but it is nothing short of HEAVEN. I am And it's also a plus that because of Juliana's STTN, today is complete day 2 with no boobs. Her last one was at 1pm the day before yesterday. I'm really hoping that this can be the real end, and I'm really glad we did it the way we did where even though I have been actively encouraging weaning, we're sort of going at her pace too. It has not been cold turkey weaning, and she has seemed ready.

So . . . I'm so mad at DH that I could spit nails. I thought I had been pretty clear that if he wanted to have a men only day all day tomorrow, he was going to have a honey-do day all day today and finally DO the things I've been begging for his help with around the house. It's 9am and where is he? Down at his bar. I guess a few of the other guys were going in to paint and "it would be rude to just let them do all the work". WHAT?!? Where are THEY when you're going down to let a contractor in or bring parts to the plumber every weekend? Where are they when you're hauling trash out of there *with me* on the weekend? They're not there, that's for sure. If he would just let them do some of the work and him stay home for once, I don't think any of them would have the balls to call him out for not helping after all the hard work he puts in by himself. So I am but I'm also aware that my DH issue is not a big deal compared to what some of our mamas are going through. In fact, we had a very nice night last night at dinner. We went to a great Italian restaurant and had a nice, early night. I think I'm getting too old/mature for closing time, kwim? The ultimate culmination of our good night was when we got home and DH wanted to cuddle I felt like a lucky mama going to bed last night!

We're about to bring daddy an iced coffee at the bar so maybe I'll gently remind him that we have a lot to do at home too, and that does not need to be an all day affair. We'll see.

Everyday Gourmet with Jennifer Grady Mallowes
aranel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 08:29 AM   #10
mommyshanti
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

good morning ladies
Di- oooh im so jealous yoga class instructor i can barely hold the pose let alone teach the class haha
we have a family membership about to let go now but it was fun while we had it
my sister has a palates tape but i just never do it if im in the house so ill have to try
today our day fo rbig breakfast
hashbrowns,eggs,bacon for daddy
so all you meat eater mamas that love bacon
found this oscar mayer center cut
if has 4gr fat for 3 slices my sis is a big bacon fein and she had been eating turkey bacon(dieter) and as soon as she had this and saw fat grams she was like"im never having turkey bacon again) ok need to read other peoples post then im off to clean the bathrooms