Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-01-2009, 06:57 PM   #121
aranel7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Early morning BSRB Weekend of waiting

Well it's just a comedy of errors for the Cardinals

Advertisement

Everyday Gourmet with Jennifer Grady Mallowes
aranel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:03 PM   #122
aranel7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok, I'm doing pretty good with the splurging I've done on the diaper cuts of my dreams and the Batik Bum set, and I'm a selling fool so I've got plenty of pp to replace the BSRBs that are going to be leaving my hands tomorrow. But . . . there are two woolie items that have been the holy grail of wool to me, and I will shamelessly accept spam for these two items. OR, if you happen to see them available somewhere, I would appreciate just posting it to the thread or dropping me a PM. Those two woolie items are scrappies and the goldfish colorway. At this time I am seeking shorties or capris/manpris (LOVE capris), and scrappies or goldfish shorties/capris would make my day.

Just in case you need to enable anyone

Old 02-01-2009, 07:14 PM   #123
treala05
Registered Users
seller

Hi ladies! We just got back from our ski/snowboard trip. It was so much fun!! I just read through the whole thread (phew, that's exhausting!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdi View Post
Off to yoga at 10am...oh, and DH told me last night that I can definitely take the teacher training class.
YAY!!! I'm so glad you decided to do it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aranel7 View Post
My table towels are in the wash! I love them! I just didn't want to wash them with my dipes for the first time because I got red terry backing and I'm so afraid of that bleeding, kwim? So they're in there by themselves on a mini load. I'm off to Bed Bath and Beyond in a bit to get them their own towel holder because DH wants the one we already have to hold his paper towels
My table towels just got here too, but I think I'm going to have to get a second roll as well. At least until we all get used to using cloth. I can't wait to try them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipity10410 View Post
My best serendipitous tale is the story of how i met my DH, and i have told it before, but i'll post it again for the newbies
Somehow I had missed hearing this story before, but I love it. We've said before that we have similarly serendipitous stories (try saying that three times fast), but it was so neat to finally hear yours in full.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devi05 View Post
Hi ladies!

Thank you for all of your p&pts yesterday, I'm sorry I didn't pop in sooner to update.
I won't go into too many details, but DH and I are going to try and work things out. We aren't going to be living together for awhile, which I'm fine with ( he is going to be with us on his days off, and come to see the boys everynight after work ). He's just been so overwhelmed with alot of things ( bills, the business isnt' doing well ), and has become depressed. So we are going to work on him getting better, and then our marriage.
So sorry to hear you're going through this, but it sounds like you're making some great decisions and trying to work things out the best way for your family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassB View Post
Ava slept fine. She actually woke quite a few times wanting to nurse. DH took her downstairs this morning when she woke and let me sleep a bit. Right now she's sleeping, in his arms, he wont put her down I was worried, but deep down I think I knew she was fine. But poor DH, I think he feels really guilty. This is his first baby and he's never been through this before. I feel so sad for him.
So glad she's fine! That would be so scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlycurry View Post
OK, so I know I promised you guys some photos of me in my different wigs... I don't have pictures of me wearing all of them, but I did have Lee snap a few pics of me before we headed out for dinner last night... this is me in my blonde wig... it's probably most similar to my real hairstyle and color how it was before I lost my hair... honestly, I think in person it looks more real than in these pictures... the flash made it look more fake-y than it looks in real life. But here's a few shots of that so you can all see. I used to be obsessed with diapers... now I have a wig collection.
Love it, Carly!! Thanks for sharing

Quote:
hey mamas. i am thinking of buying some G diapers for the airplane. I know we CAN do cloth, and it would work, but i really don't want to be lugging around wet/dirty diapers (even in a wetbag) taking up my carry-on luggage space IDK. i am still on the fence about it. But my local grocery does carry the G's so at least i would not have to go to far out of my way to get them if i decide to.

Here's my question: have any of you used them? Are they worth it? i also heard a mama on another board saying that she actually used Gdiaper inserts with her PUL covers, and even on top of the fleece in a pocket while traveling. Does that make sense? do you think that would work? if so, i'll just buy the refills and forget about the "starter kit". LMK what you all think. Maybe i should just suck it up and pack the cloth in the carry-on, but with my Diabetes supplies and a baby, there is just so much that i can fit into my carry-on bag, KWIM? TIA
Ugh...we tried gDiapers and I thought they were a complete pain. Messier than cloth since there are three parts to the system. Honestly, I'd choose disposables first, then cloth...and as a last resort, use the gDiaper inserts in a Thirsties cover or pocket. But I, personally, would use disposables

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymom View Post
Andrew in his first BRSB (1.5 wk). i'm assuming it doesn't look right b/c it's still pretty big.
Cute, cute, cute!!

Alright, everyone. That's it for me for tonight. Hopefully I'll get to be chattier this week

Last edited by treala05; 02-01-2009 at 07:16 PM.
treala05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:56 PM   #124
mrsdi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok, back from the ILs. It was just the girls and the kids left over there...all the men went out to watch the game. Before he left, DH said he would be leaving the bar at halftime. famous last words. He just sent me a text saying friends from high school just showed up. As long as he's up by 7pm tomorrow so I can go to yoga, I could care less.

Quote:
Thanks! that's exactly what i needed to know. I am not that interested in the full liner and cover, so it's good to hear that i may be better off just getting the inserts. But in all honesty, i'll probably just end up with some sposies Even DH is resistant to buying them, but at this point, if it will save me some packing room and hassle (since i am flying alone), i'll do it. I am totally worried about sposie leaks, though. X leaked out of everything but Huggies natural fit, and those are so dang expensive Plus, who knows if they will work on him now? That was two sizes ago!!

Poor X did not want to go to bed tonight. IDK if he could feel how nervous i am, as i run packing lists in my head and daydream about what tomorrow will turn out like, but he seems to know something is up. He cried hysterically when i changed him for bed, then pulled off in the middle of his bedtime bottle crying again! And now he's still whining in his crib. I was in there for about 45 min of the last hour, rocking him and calming him, but as soon as i put him in the crib, he would wake back up again . I hope he's not sick or anything. I guess i'll have to see how he is in the morning before i should really worry.

Ah, he's finally sleeping. THANK GOODNESS. Ahhhh. Now i get to go and take the garbage out and try to scrape the ice off the stairs so the pet sitter does not fall!
I'm sure X saw suitcases, etc. all packed up and knew something different was going on. Hopefully it was just him being 'in tune.'
It was 45 degrees today, and I spent an hour outside scraping ice off of the driveway (that DH never finished) and the back deck so I could open the door all the way. Fun times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starla79 View Post
Sara, do you have any thirsties covers or similar? I would put those over the disposable, we found that those helped keep D from leaking in the disposables quite nicely.
I would have never thought of that, either. Great idea!

Quote:
You know, since he's been back in cloth overnight, he hasn't had a bad wakeful period in the middle of the night. Coincidence? Who knows? He's going through a major growth spurt still (nope, still not over) and i swear he's getting bigger right before my eyes. It's just eat, eat, eat, but holy moly the boy is getting gigantic... his legs grew and looked skinny for a little while, now they're big and chunky.
Isn't it amazing how they suddenly grow like that? It seriously seems like it's overnight at times.
I don't think it's a coincidence that he hasn't had a bad wakeful period now that he's back in cloth.

Quote:
Ok, I'm doing pretty good with the splurging I've done on the diaper cuts of my dreams and the Batik Bum set, and I'm a selling fool so I've got plenty of pp to replace the BSRBs that are going to be leaving my hands tomorrow. But . . . there are two woolie items that have been the holy grail of wool to me, and I will shamelessly accept spam for these two items. OR, if you happen to see them available somewhere, I would appreciate just posting it to the thread or dropping me a PM. Those two woolie items are scrappies and the goldfish colorway. At this time I am seeking shorties or capris/manpris (LOVE capris), and scrappies or goldfish shorties/capris would make my day.

Jenn--you know I love enabling, and will definitely let you know if I see any of those things.. I've been looking at wool on FSOT lately just to see what's out there. Feel free to LMK what size you're looking for & I will gladly PM if I see something.

Off topic, but I was actually scouring wool FSOT last night. I got a little weirded out when I saw a Hudson Hat that I knitted for another mama in a trade for sale. It kind of bugged me that I can't sell them for profit unless I get licensed, but someone else who owns it can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treala05 View Post
Hi ladies! We just got back from our ski/snowboard trip. It was so much fun!! I just read through the whole thread (phew, that's exhausting!).

So glad she's fine! That would be so scary.

Love it, Carly!! Thanks for sharing

Ugh...we tried gDiapers and I thought they were a complete pain. Messier than cloth since there are three parts to the system. Honestly, I'd choose disposables first, then cloth...and as a last resort, use the gDiaper inserts in a Thirsties cover or pocket. But I, personally, would use disposables

Alright, everyone. That's it for me for tonight. Hopefully I'll get to be chattier this week
Glad you had fun snowboarding!!
And, I have come to terms that when I actually do travel with C, I'm going to be using sposies, too. Just for the plane rides.

Oh, and I decided to pick up a couple of the Enrapture skirts/dresses. Anyone have one? I'm just not sure on what length to get. I have a tentative order in for one med and one long, thinking that I would need the long for a dress, but the medium if I just wanted to wear it as a skirt. I'm 5'6" if that helps. Any input would be appreciated. I just couldn't pass them up for the price. You can't even buy a nice skirt for that price.

Off to clean up a bit and hopefully get some knitting done before DH walks in the door.
I have been in & out of watching the game. I watched halftime because we're Bruce fans here....he was good.

mrsdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:03 PM   #125
serendipity10410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Alaina, nice to have you back from your vacay We do have very similar stories, so thanks for reading my mini-novel. Glad you enjoyed it

And thanks for the advice about the G diapers. I am not going to get them. I mean, why am i going to spend more $ than i would on a pack of sposies on something that may just be more of a PITA anyway? I totally appreciate your input.

Quote:
Hey, we only figured it out recently (after a few bouts of antibiotics where he was in disposables... man do i wish i figured it out sooner). The smaller size disposables were too small and leaked, and the next size up was too big and leaked... the cover held the disposable to his body better, and he leaked less. Personally i was not impressed with the absorbency of the g-diaper inserts, and i hated flushing them... i was always paranoid they'd clog the toilet. After one good pee, they would still be 'unused' in the back, but he'd pee again in the front and it'd just roll off and leak out of the diaper. At 40c a flushie, it's annoying to change them after every little piddle.

You know, since he's been back in cloth overnight, he hasn't had a bad wakeful period in the middle of the night. Coincidence? Who knows? He's going through a major growth spurt still (nope, still not over) and i swear he's getting bigger right before my eyes. It's just eat, eat, eat, but holy moly the boy is getting gigantic... his legs grew and looked skinny for a little while, now they're big and chunky.
Yep. now i am convinced, it's sposies or cloth.

I am so glad D is sleeping better, and maybe it is the cloth... As for the growth spurt, we are going through the same thing here. DH might not recognize Xander after all the growing he has been doing this week.

Quote:

i would so love to enable you, Jenn but i have to get back to packing!!

and not-so- newbie L 11/10

serendipity10410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:15 PM   #126
aranel7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdi View Post
Oh, and I decided to pick up a couple of the Enrapture skirts/dresses. Anyone have one? I'm just not sure on what length to get. I have a tentative order in for one med and one long, thinking that I would need the long for a dress, but the medium if I just wanted to wear it as a skirt. I'm 5'6" if that helps. Any input would be appreciated. I just couldn't pass them up for the price. You can't even buy a nice skirt for that price.
I got in on the Enwrapture co-op and I ordered two mediums because it seemed to me that the long would make a full length dress but not be able to be worn as a skirt where the medium could be worn as a mid-length dress AND a skirt. I also looked at the inches . . . the long is 34"-36", and my inseam is like a 30", so I felt confident in getting the medium. I'm like 5'1" though, so you might need that longer inseam to get full length anything out of them. I don't know if that helped at all, but that's my reasoning for ordering two meds

Old 02-01-2009, 08:22 PM   #127
westlysbride
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Well it's just a comedy of errors for the Cardinals
Poor DH I wish the C's would have won...
westlysbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:25 PM   #128
mrsdi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I got in on the Enwrapture co-op and I ordered two mediums because it seemed to me that the long would make a full length dress but not be able to be worn as a skirt where the medium could be worn as a mid-length dress AND a skirt. I also looked at the inches . . . the long is 34"-36", and my inseam is like a 30", so I felt confident in getting the medium. I'm like 5'1" though, so you might need that longer inseam to get full length anything out of them. I don't know if that helped at all, but that's my reasoning for ordering two meds
I really didn't know how to measure. I measured from shoulder-ankle to get an idea of where the long would be for a dress, and it hit around mid-knee, which is what I was looking for. I have no idea if that's how I should be measuring, or how the length is affected when it's wrapped. I have a 32" inseam, so I guess I'll just go with a med and a long for skirt & dress respectively. For me, I'm more apt to wear something longer than shorter, so I guess I'm safe, even if it ends up down at my ankles.

Old 02-01-2009, 08:42 PM   #129
mrsdi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, and Sara--don't think I didn't catch you trying to enable me to buy the OBV minkee B4. I am saving my one and only B4 new size OBV for something that I absolutely CANNOT live without..and I haven't quite found that print yet.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:42 PM   #130
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wow, what a day and night I've had... We cleaned the house from top to bottom... did some serious cleaning, even steam cleaned a few of my larger throw rugs... and did allll the laundry including diapers... and watched the super bowl (poor Cardinals! I so wanted to see them win!) -- and now I'm officially EXHAUSTED! Just wanted to say goodnight to my favorite BSRB mamas!!!! Love ya girls and talk to you tomorrow.
Baby #3 coming July 2015
carlycurry is online now   Reply With Quote