Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-31-2009, 03:53 PM   #1
mammaof??
Registered Users

My Mood:
Twin Mamas...

Hey ladies,

I just gave birth to my second set of twins and am finally using cloth diapers for the first time. My babies are smaller 5lbs and 6 1/2 lbs and I have found some diapes that I like, but wanted to know if you have faves that I am missing... I am using AIOs in a few different brands and have prefolds, but they are still too big for my little pickles.

And this may sound like a stupid question, but are y'all pitting covers over everything? If I don't, the diapes just soak thru their clothes ... maybe i am missing something there also.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Advertisement

Mama to my amazing 8: 9, 7, 6, 4, 4 2, 2, AND Newbie, born 5/30/11- last 6 all born at home. Loving the babymoon!
mammaof?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 05:10 PM   #2
starbuckmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Twin Mamas...

Congrats on your second set of twins.
I invested in Kissaluvs fitteds and Thirsties covers. I do have a couple dozen preemie and infant prefolds I will use once they grow out of the Kissaluvs. I did buy 4 ATD aio from their BOGO free sale on hyena cart. I hope those work for us! Yes, if you are using a fitted diaper, then a cover is needed. Your aio's won't need a cover as the waterproofness is built in. Prefolds also need a cover.

Hope this helps!
starbuckmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 01:19 PM   #3
BrittBBT
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Smile Re: Twin Mamas...

I will be home-birthing my twin boys in April/May!! I've never CD a newborn before but I've asked around
I just got 6 Bummi Originals in NB size. They run smaller than other covers ( even some preemie sized covers!) I'll be using preemie prefolds and flannel fitteds that I'm making. I'm new to sewing but I think the ones I'm making should fit tiny babies...we shall see.
I heard that newborn babies really don't pee enough to soak cloth diapers at first. I plan on letting them go cover-less at home to reduce the number of covers I use ( less washing!) I'll just use tees instead of onesies, that way there is nothing against the diaper TO get wet, know what I mean?
Brittany-mama to a bunch!Wife to Joseph Missing Zahra and Jayden my NCC and SAHM to Evan (5) Gavin & Bryce (3) and Avery (10.27.11)My planned UC, Daddy-caught Boobie Monster! 8lbs, 20'' long and 14'' head circum.
BrittBBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:00 PM   #4
autumnlily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

First of all, your Avitar - while a little shocking, is absolutely amazing. I'm assuming it's one of your twins born in his/her amniotic sac?!

Okay, for the diaper talk...

preemie proraps and an infant or newborn size prefold (trifolded or snappi/pinned) was our most successful in the itty bitty stage.

Once they hit a solid 7lbs - my favorite covers were x-sm thirsties and newborn proraps

Congrats!
Old 02-06-2009, 07:19 AM   #5
Rollins4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I used prefolds and thirsties covers when they were itty bitty. As they got bigger, I loved my celtic cloths (my fave for the short rise). I had alot of different fitteds and used with my covers. I also used Happy Heinys, her prints are just too cute to pass up

ETA I love love love your avatar! Bless you mama!!
Rollins4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:21 AM   #6
BrittBBT
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was also wondering about the avatar. It took me a minute of staring to figure out it was a baby LOL I'm a little slow sometimes!! Too cool, though!

QUOTE=autumnlily;6229968]First of all, your Avitar - while a little shocking, is absolutely amazing. I'm assuming it's one of your twins born in his/her amniotic sac?!

preemie proraps and an infant or newborn size prefold (trifolded or snappi/pinned) was our most successful in the itty bitty stage.

Once they hit a solid 7lbs - my favorite covers were x-sm thirsties and newborn proraps

Congrats![/QUOTE]
Brittany-mama to a bunch!Wife to Joseph Missing Zahra and Jayden my NCC and SAHM to Evan (5) Gavin & Bryce (3) and Avery (10.27.11)My planned UC, Daddy-caught Boobie Monster! 8lbs, 20'' long and 14'' head circum.
BrittBBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:25 AM   #7
abraswell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnlily View Post
First of all, your Avitar - while a little shocking, is absolutely amazing. I'm assuming it's one of your twins born in his/her amniotic sac?!

Congrats!
Wow the avatar. What an incredible picture to have. I think I am a little jealous.....
Old 02-06-2009, 10:20 AM   #8
mammaof??
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraswell View Post
Wow the avatar. What an incredible picture to have. I think I am a little jealous.....
ok.. the avatar is of my son- born along with his sister on 1/20/09. both sets of my twins were born at home and 3/4 babies were born in their cauls, with my older daughter's sac breaking only as i pushed her out. my silgleton daughter was also born at home and in her bag. this picture is remarkable b/c my labor was so fast that these babies were "dry" birthed. no tub, nothing. so seeing them both in the bag was very striking. we didn't get a picture of my daughter's bag, which is a bummer, the photographer was caught up in the whole process.

Mama to my amazing 8: 9, 7, 6, 4, 4 2, 2, AND Newbie, born 5/30/11- last 6 all born at home. Loving the babymoon!
Old 02-06-2009, 10:24 AM   #9
mammaof??
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittBBT View Post
I will be home-birthing my twin boys in April/May!!

curious where you are living. i am so happy for you and stoked you have a great caregiver. if you have any questions, not that you would i guess, let me know. i birthed both sets of my twins at home and would do it again in a heartbeat. but my midwife said she will not do twins again (unless it was me, i guess) unless something in her practice changes. and NONE of the other local midwives would knowingly help her out. she and i work really well together, so it was no problem.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:25 AM   #10
mandanikki36
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

When my boys came home finally at 3 pounds the only thing that worked here was preemie prefolds and prorap preemie covers.