Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-01-2009, 01:21 AM   #1
singlemomto3
Registered Users
seller

Family Closets/ Laundry Rooms

I would really like to see some pictures of laundry rooms or family closets. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

singlemomto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:11 PM   #2
jujusmommy
Registered Users
Formerly: catherine**ne

My Mood:
Re: Family Closets/ Laundry Rooms

Old 02-06-2009, 12:44 PM   #3
esaesa
Registered Users

My Mood:

We don't have this but can I just say. . . IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE!!! Even if you don't have a big family, who wants to leave the laundry room (the entry to our house through the garage) to fold clothes, walk all over the house to put it up. It is silly. Adding this to the list of what I want in my dream house.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:19 PM   #4
-Blair-
Registered Users

This would be cool to see.

Currently struggling with infertility (recurrent pregnancy loss).
-Blair- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:09 PM   #5
findingstrength
Registered Users

I don't have a constructed one yet. But I have plans. Right now the boys have one dresser that is built into the wall. It has three long deep drawers one for each boy. DD has her own dresser. I have one for mine and hubbys things. Oh and babys/ And in the basement wwe have a series of closet rods put up but no real closet. When I finally do it I want to make each child a cubby-closet. Each one will be approximately 4ft long, with two shelves above the clothes, one rod for shirts, one for pants, and a bin on the bottom for extras/ Then the drawers in the boys room will be used for just their pjs undies and socks.
Mom/stepmom to 8 beautiful children 16 yr old girl, 12 yr old girl, 9 yr old boy, another 9 yr old boy, 8 yr old boy, 7 yr old girl, 4 year old boy, 1 year old boy, expecting #9 in July!

ISO: size 3x maternity swimsuit
findingstrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 06:14 AM   #6
7arrows4God
Registered Users
seller
seller

I will try and get back and post ours in the next few days. We turned a bedroom years back into a laundry room with two stack maching, laundry sink and totall hanging space for all kids clothes and drying rack for my wool and cubbies for jammies and sock and such. LOVE IT - on the upstairs floor with the bedrooms - no dressers in the bedrooms at all. When the load comes out of the dryer - I throw it on the floors and the kids come in and hang all it up right there. No walking around - no stuffing messy drawers. Worth loosing a bedroom for - totally. Even mamas with 2 kids come and love my set up and would like it.
Canadian mama to 13 blessings ds(18), ds(17), ds(15.5), ds(13.5), dd(11.75), ds(10), ds(8.5), ds(6.5), dd(5.5), dd(3.5), dd(2.5) , ds(15 months) and #13 due end of AUGUST. And yes that is while nursing night and day. :O)
7arrows4God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:57 PM   #7
-Blair-
Registered Users

That's awesome! I'd love to see pics of that. Do your children share bedrooms? (I'm planning on having my children share, so this could be a possibility...)

Currently struggling with infertility (recurrent pregnancy loss).
-Blair- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 05:14 AM   #8
AmJoyFul
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We just closed in 200 square feet of our garage to become a extended laundry room. I plan on moving all the kids clothes in there when we get all the shelving done.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:58 PM   #9
Fearless_Strawberry
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We are not a large family per se, but I have two babes 14 months apart and I keep all their clothes downstairs in the bathroom/laundry room. It is a small space. The washer and dryer are in a closet in the bathroom. I pushed the two machines apart and there was just enough room for some large Rubbermaid drawers. I keep the clothes in there. It makes life so easy to take stuff out of the dryer and put it directly into the drawers without so much as a step.
Fearless_Strawberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:05 PM   #10
RoxyRocks
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I only have 2 but grew up in a family of 5 kiddos and my mom always wanted to do this I would love to see pics