Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-17-2009, 08:30 AM   #11
7arrows4God
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Family Closets/ Laundry Rooms

Hi all, just letting you know I am still trying to get to these pictures, I have not forgotten, I use to have them loaded up in my photobucket but I went to check and it is gone. So need to reload and been busy with homeschooling and life. ;O)

Advertisement

Canadian mama to 13 blessings ds(18), ds(17), ds(15.5), ds(13.5), dd(11.75), ds(10), ds(8.5), ds(6.5), dd(5.5), dd(3.5), dd(2.5) , ds(15 months) and #13 due end of AUGUST. And yes that is while nursing night and day. :O)
7arrows4God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 01:25 PM   #12
momof6plus3
Registered Users

My Mood:

You won't see any pics of my laundry area I just wanted to say that after having my w/d in the dining room for 18 months because I could not get up and down the stairs to wash anything let alone cd's. We finally moved it to the basement again. I have a good set that is a couple years old and an old set just to keep things going. We have a laundry chute (hole in a kitchen cabinet that locks) so everything falls into a basket by the washer. Most of the time there are about 5 FULL baskets of dirty laundry. I have to search through the piles and pick out what has to be washed first, I hate that. I have a folding buffet table beside the area that all the clean items go on. When I have time I fold and sort on that table. We have hanging racks that the clothes go on and stay until somebody claims them. The triplet's clothes rarely get put away. I have baskets sitting in their closet and just grab out of them, I hate that too. When we get our tax refund I am planning on getting some of those sorting hamper things so that I can sort and have loads ready to throw in quickly. So we don't really have a family closet, it's more like a family pile.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:00 PM   #13
lindsey.leanne
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This sounds like such a good idea. I wish we had more space! My laundry room is TINY! Hmmmmm...I am going to have to talk to dh and see if there is a way we could work this out.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:03 PM   #14
MarinesFamily5
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

our current "laundry room" is just a section of the kitchen
MarinesFamily5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:11 PM   #15
mamatoblessings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh how I wish my laundry area was inside! Mine is in the garage on a platform next to the hot water heater and there just isn't room to add anything for sorting or folding...plus everything gets really dusty and dirty out there really quickly anyway. I hate doing laundry in the winter and having to go out to the cold garage (it's heated but we only keep it at 40 to keep the water from freezing). My next house will hopefully have a laundry room of some sort!
Elizabeth~ Jesus loving wife to myNathan, Mama to God's blessings Jayna-11, Quaid-9, Roanen-7, Avelyn Faith-5, Conlan-2 and 2 precious ones, Victory (10-2010) and Treasure (4-2013), in the arms of Jesus. Expecting a little rainbow blessing late Aug/early Sep Doing a lot of this to get ready! My ISO/IHA
mamatoblessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:58 PM   #16
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hope a lot of people will post pics eventually! This is such an awesome concept...I LOVE the Duggars set up. It makes so. much. sense. to have a family closet/laundry room. I don't see it ever happening in this house though. I would give up a bedroom for it except we'll be becoming a large family by foster/adopt so they have specific regulations regarding bedrooms and # of kids.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:09 PM   #17
julesyboosmommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

This is one of those "if I won the lottery and could build the house I REALLY want" things
julesyboosmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:30 AM   #18
lovespepper
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This thread is really getting me thinking.....if I could get the dressers out of the bedrooms and clear out the closets we do have, the rooms could be kept neater and easier too! Just thinking out loud, I do have my w/d in the basement, but while its a relatively dry basement, it is still unfinished and can get that basement-y smell, especially after a lot of rain or humidity. (which we do get on a routine basis) I do have a de-humidifier for the more finished area, so I will probably have to buy another one to keep the clothes area dry and fresh smelling. I would also guess that adding a drop ceiling would keep it less dusty too. I would love to see pics from anyone who does this successfully!
lovespepper is offline   Reply With Quote