Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2009, 06:03 AM   #1
RebeccaMomof3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
B2B (back to basics) Groundhog Day Special

morning We are mamas who enjoy keeping diapering simple. We like prefolds/flats/wool/anything we make ourselves and a wide variety of other stuff too (yes, even fancy diapers and sposies sometimes) We are nonjudgemental easy-going and LOVE newbies so jump in

WOTB: (what's on the bum) a gmd red UB PF with a flannel recycled burp-cloth doubler, with our "Passion" Purewool double ruffle longies.

Advertisement

Last edited by RebeccaMomof3; 02-02-2009 at 06:50 AM.
RebeccaMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 06:30 AM   #2
carnalcindd
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: B2B (back to basics) Groundhog Day Special

Hi ladies

Any thoughts on keeping or selling fitteds?
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...=1#post6186180

I hope to get to pop in here more often. DD is almost 2 weeks old and this will be our first full week w/o any family here to "help" us...we will see how it goes
Old 02-02-2009, 06:55 AM   #3
melissamomof3girls
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Morning gals.

Not much on our agenda today. Same old...Same old...Laundry, dishes, clean-up, school, cooking, baking. Balancing my checkbook. I'm $6.65 off and I can't figure it out anywhere Last night it was $6.65 under and this morning somehow it's over. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Okay. Now that I've got that out of my system.

WOTB: Drk Br GMD w/ LL preemie as doubler & thirsties cover. I feel like a broken record.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:57 AM   #4
RebeccaMomof3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalcindd View Post
Hi ladies

Any thoughts on keeping or selling fitteds?
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...=1#post6186180

I hope to get to pop in here more often. DD is almost 2 weeks old and this will be our first full week w/o any family here to "help" us...we will see how it goes
GL on going alone now I replied to your thread but I was kinda indecisive
Old 02-02-2009, 06:58 AM   #5
RebeccaMomof3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissamomof3girls View Post
Morning gals.

Not much on our agenda today. Same old...Same old...Laundry, dishes, clean-up, school, cooking, baking. Balancing my checkbook. I'm $6.65 off and I can't figure it out anywhere Last night it was $6.65 under and this morning somehow it's over. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Okay. Now that I've got that out of my system.

WOTB: Drk Br GMD w/ LL preemie as doubler & thirsties cover. I feel like a broken record.
Bank fees? Whenever I used to be off a bit it was always bank fees I know how frustrating it is.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:59 AM   #6
TJR2119
Registered Users

My Mood:

Morning mamas!

wotb: olive pf snappi'd under a red WAHM cover. I usually like everything to match if I can but DH had to change her again while I was in the shower because she was a poop machine this morning! He did a pretty good job with the pf which is surprising because yesterday I supervised while he attempted to put one on her and and left huge gaps in her legs!
TJR2119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:01 AM   #7
TJR2119
Registered Users

My Mood:

Good luck today carnalcindd!
TJR2119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:05 AM   #8
maman08
Registered Users
seller

Morning, mamas! I just finally hit post on my multi-quote for this weekend's thread, which I started eight hours ago...but hey, better late than never, right?

Our weekend was good -- I'm never online much while DH is home but I did skim through to see what everyone was up to. Right now DS is napping (finally! It's been a struggle to get him to settle down for both naps today, but at least he's taking them) and I'm about to try to motivate and get dinner started. I did manage to do 2 loads of laundry, vacuum the living room, entry way and rec room carpets (holding DS, who is terrified of the vacuum and kept trying to climb over my shoulder to get away from it), sweep and mop the hardwood floor in the rec room, bake banana bread, tend to my sourdough bread that will get baked in a few hours, and send out pictures of DS from this past month.

Last night DH and I put together some cheapo Ikea-style desks we bought at the local version of Home Depot, and we now officially have a crafting corner. DH has all his fly-tying stuff set up on his desk, and I have my sewing machine on mine. It'll be so nice not to have to drag that stuff out to the dining room table and clean it all up every time we want to do something with it!

And before I go, I have to show off what I just finished...it's the soaker made with the leftover yarn from DS's longies. I wish I had known how the pattern would go (I used the Curly Purly pattern and it's the first time I've done it) so I could have figured out how to have more of the brown yarn up front, but I still think it's pretty cute.

The front:

The back:

maman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:30 AM   #9
RebeccaMomof3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

nice soaker heidi! I am thinking of using that pattern to do my first project...do you think it is good for a beginner knitter?
Old 02-02-2009, 07:33 AM   #10
maman08
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebeccaMomof3 View Post
nice soaker heidi! I am thinking of using that pattern to do my first project...do you think it is good for a beginner knitter?
I think it would be okay as long as you can look up the instructions for a few of the stitches on knittinghelp.com or something similar. The pattern is pretty clear, but doesn't really explain things in detail so having some sort of tutorial on hand would probably be helpful. I actually think a pair of shorties might be easier just because there's probably less shaping...I've used the Fern and Faerie and the Sheepy Pants patterns and of the two of them I prefer Sheepy Pants, but Itchy Fingers is free and I've heard it's also pretty good.

maman08 is offline   Reply With Quote