Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2009, 07:41 AM   #11
mom2piddle
Registered Users
seller

Re: B2B (back to basics) Groundhog Day Special

morning! Just jumping in for a minute! My morning has been eventful to say the least...my bf usually comes over before work to help me get the baby ready for daycare and to take DD3 out to her bus...His work changed his scheduled and now he goes in too early to come by....I got up, got the big kids up while the baby slept, grabbed a load of kids jeans out of the dryer, folded them, threw the baby's clothes in the dryer and hung a load of my clothes that washed last night...helped the girls pick their clothes and jumped in the shower really quickly while DS got ready, signed stuff for the big kids and sent the older 3 on their bus....got DD3's hair up and her ready to go...went out to take her to her bus on time, started my car while I waited and don't you know...Her bus never came! The one day her Daddy can't take her to the bus it doesn't show up! So you know I had to call him and tell him that we had stood outside for 20 min waiting on a bus that never came! I called the school and they said to call transportation and they would send someone to come get her...I told them I would bring her in on my way to work and they proceeded to tell me that if she wasn't going to be there in the next 15 min she would need to be brouht into the office to get a late pass...like no kidding! I thought I could just let my kindergartener walk in and out of school whenever she felt like it...duh...so she came in ate breakfast(somedays they eat ate breakfast at school as a treat!) and I packed the baby's bag, got her dressed and nursed her...we are now off to school, daycare and then work....yeah me!

Heidi~great soaker!

Carnalcindd~good luck with no help!

Melissa~good luck finding where you are off...I have to balance my checkbook sometime today and haven't done it in forever on paper so I'm not looking forward to it

WOTB: green BG 1.0 stuffed with a LL UB flat for daycare....today the ba is packed full of BG's stuffed with LL flats.

Advertisement

Old 02-02-2009, 07:46 AM   #12
mamazluv
You know you want this.........
seller

My Mood:

never heard of the itchy fingers. do you have a link or two? i have the basics down on knitting, im just slow. and my sis taught me using the righthanded method. i was looking online and i think i would do better w the left handed version. not that im a leftie, but that seems easier to adjust to since i crochet. you know holding the yarn in the left. im gonna try and see. jjust like crochet, every thing should be the same, only reversed. like the front looks like the back. and compensate. right? anyone know what i am talking about?

so the girls are on the mend. addison is feeling just enough better that she is a complete pain. she doesnt want held or down. just to squirm while being held and scream. very annoying.

but i did manage to get my books to balance... and got some sewing done. although i didnt leave the house yesterday.

faith, i was thinking about the rash. someone else mentioned a viral or fungal type thing... you know that makes sense. if it doesnt clear up, i might try the dr. those types of things are irritated and made worse with the moisturizers.

and they say that sometimes yeast looks like a dry rash. i dont really remember what it looks like, but ds had one when he was a baby. (16years ago)
Old 02-02-2009, 07:51 AM   #13
melissamomof3girls
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebeccaMomof3 View Post
Bank fees? Whenever I used to be off a bit it was always bank fees I know how frustrating it is.
I finally figured it out. I had deducted something twice. Better than not deducting something at all, which I've also done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maman08 View Post
Morning, mamas! I just finally hit post on my multi-quote for this weekend's thread, which I started eight hours ago...but hey, better late than never, right?

Our weekend was good -- I'm never online much while DH is home but I did skim through to see what everyone was up to. Right now DS is napping (finally! It's been a struggle to get him to settle down for both naps today, but at least he's taking them) and I'm about to try to motivate and get dinner started. I did manage to do 2 loads of laundry, vacuum the living room, entry way and rec room carpets (holding DS, who is terrified of the vacuum and kept trying to climb over my shoulder to get away from it), sweep and mop the hardwood floor in the rec room, bake banana bread, tend to my sourdough bread that will get baked in a few hours, and send out pictures of DS from this past month.

Last night DH and I put together some cheapo Ikea-style desks we bought at the local version of Home Depot, and we now officially have a crafting corner. DH has all his fly-tying stuff set up on his desk, and I have my sewing machine on mine. It'll be so nice not to have to drag that stuff out to the dining room table and clean it all up every time we want to do something with it!

And before I go, I have to show off what I just finished...it's the soaker made with the leftover yarn from DS's longies. I wish I had known how the pattern would go (I used the Curly Purly pattern and it's the first time I've done it) so I could have figured out how to have more of the brown yarn up front, but I still think it's pretty cute.

The front:

The back:

Sounds like fun! My husband has made some shelves and stuff for us and I love homemade furniture! The soaker is so cute! Is that knitting or crocheting? My grandma bought me needles, a book, & yarn and is waiting on me to come over because I asked her to teach me how to knit. I figured when we have a new baby I could knit my own soakers and longies and stuff...considering I take well to learning .
Old 02-02-2009, 07:52 AM   #14
RebeccaMomof3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yeah I second the "link me to the shortie" pattern. I'd be good to do one of those instead
Old 02-02-2009, 07:52 AM   #15
RebeccaMomof3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamazluv View Post
never heard of the itchy fingers. do you have a link or two? i have the basics down on knitting, im just slow. and my sis taught me using the righthanded method. i was looking online and i think i would do better w the left handed version. not that im a leftie, but that seems easier to adjust to since i crochet. you know holding the yarn in the left. im gonna try and see. jjust like crochet, every thing should be the same, only reversed. like the front looks like the back. and compensate. right? anyone know what i am talking about?
Check out the continental method...I think that's what you are talking about. My knitting book shows it
Old 02-02-2009, 07:53 AM   #16
Bumstoppers
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I stopped in to bump my threads and thought I would post a to do list to keep me accountable today

Finish folding up knit fabric
dump garbage in sewing room
clean basement bathroom
take diapers down there for a portable changing station
laundary-in progres
vacuum upstairs
call insurance company about glass coverage
fix Kendras coat
finish sewing Julie and Bethannp diapers-in progress
put snaps on the outside
do inserts
serged diapers for blake
cut out Heidi's diapers
embroider them
trace patterns

Hope that you girls have a great morning!

Last edited by Bumstoppers; 02-02-2009 at 10:58 AM. Reason: editing the list
Bumstoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:53 AM   #17
mamazluv
You know you want this.........
seller

My Mood:

cindy, i just posted to your thread.

oh yeah, is it groundhog day? i love that movie. and bill murray. esp what about bob.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:54 AM   #18
RebeccaMomof3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissamomof3girls View Post
Is that knitting or crocheting? My grandma bought me needles, a book, & yarn and is waiting on me to come over because I asked her to teach me how to knit. I figured when we have a new baby I could knit my own soakers and longies and stuff...considering I take well to learning .
That's knitting I wish I had someone to teach me teaching myself has been OK so far, but I am just doing basics still
Old 02-02-2009, 07:58 AM   #19
RebeccaMomof3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by beck2boys1girl View Post
I stopped in to bump my threads and thought I would post a to do list to keep me accountable today

Finish folding up knit fabric
dump garbage in sewing room
clean basement bathroom
take diapers down there for a portable changing station
laundary
vacuum upstairs
call insurance company about glass coverage

finish sewing Julie and Bethannp diapers
put snaps on the outside
do inserts
serged diapers for blake
cut out Heidi's diapers
embroider them
trace patterns

Hope that you girls have a great morning!
whew sounds busy!

LG (little girl) is over today and much happier. She was screaming when her mom dropped her off (always does; stops the moment she gets her coat/hat off) and her mom said angrily "Geez I think this is the last week I am bringing her over. She does this everyday!" Now the mom has threatened this before, but it always makes me sad for LG when she says that. I always tell the mom "she calmed down right away and then we did XXX game and YYY activity" but who knows. If I were taking my kid to daycare, I'd be more upset if they were screaming every day when I picked them up. LG is always super duper happy and always tells her mom she had fun and is excited to share the craft(s) we make.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:58 AM   #20
maman08
Registered Users
seller

Jennifer, just looking at your morning makes me want to take a nap! There are days I can't manage to get DS and myself out the door, let alone anyone else.

Shirley, it appears the itchy fingers pattern can only be downloaded through Ravelry, which is sort of annoying. The pattern is free, and joining the site is free, but you have to request an invite because it's still in the set-up phase and they're adding new members gradually. I think it took about a week for me to get my invite, but the wait time might be shorter now. It's a great resource for patterns, though, since you can see other people's finished projects and their comments on problems they ran into and such. I just sent it to your IRL e-mail as a pdf, so hopefully it comes through!

maman08 is offline   Reply With Quote