Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2009, 07:59 AM   #21
mamazluv
You know you want this.........
seller

My Mood:
Re: B2B (back to basics) Groundhog Day Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebeccaMomof3 View Post
Check out the continental method...I think that's what you are talking about. My knitting book shows it
yeah they call it different things. that help site heidi was talking about calls it english and german... i dont know, just that i want to try the other way bc holding the yarn in the wrong hand is really confusing and hard.

Advertisement

Old 02-02-2009, 08:03 AM   #22
maman08
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
yeah I second the "link me to the shortie" pattern. I'd be good to do one of those instead
PM me your IRL e-mail addy and I'll send you the pdf...it's a free pattern but it happens to be hosted on Ravelry so if you're not a member you would have to wait to join the site. I think the file size is just under 250KB so it's not huge.

Quote:
Check out the continental method...I think that's what you are talking about. My knitting book shows it
I learned to knit continental and IMO it's much simpler than holding the yarn in the right hand and having to move your whole hand to loop it around the needle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissamomof3girls View Post
I finally figured it out. I had deducted something twice. Better than not deducting something at all, which I've also done.

Sounds like fun! My husband has made some shelves and stuff for us and I love homemade furniture! The soaker is so cute! Is that knitting or crocheting? My grandma bought me needles, a book, & yarn and is waiting on me to come over because I asked her to teach me how to knit. I figured when we have a new baby I could knit my own soakers and longies and stuff...considering I take well to learning .
It's knitting...I have one pair of crocheted shorties that I got in a trade and would love to learn to do that, but I'm REALLY slow at crocheting so for things I actually want to finish I knit.

maman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:03 AM   #23
mamazluv
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by maman08 View Post
Jennifer, just looking at your morning makes me want to take a nap! There are days I can't manage to get DS and myself out the door, let alone anyone else.

Shirley, it appears the itchy fingers pattern can only be downloaded through Ravelry, which is sort of annoying. The pattern is free, and joining the site is free, but you have to request an invite because it's still in the set-up phase and they're adding new members gradually. I think it took about a week for me to get my invite, but the wait time might be shorter now. It's a great resource for patterns, though, since you can see other people's finished projects and their comments on problems they ran into and such. I just sent it to your IRL e-mail as a pdf, so hopefully it comes through!
thats cool, i have a membership. i also found a free one that is baby bell bottoms that looks cool. and also free. but i think too ambitious for a newb like me who cant even get the feel for holding the yarn. still much practice needed.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:05 AM   #24
maman08
Registered Users
seller

Rebecca, I just found the e-mail addy I sent payment to for your pfs and sent you the file, so hopefully you can open it.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:08 AM   #25
maman08
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamazluv View Post
thats cool, i have a membership. i also found a free one that is baby bell bottoms that looks cool. and also free. but i think too ambitious for a newb like me who cant even get the feel for holding the yarn. still much practice needed.
I love that pattern, but DH wasn't too crazy about the idea of me knitting bell bottoms for DS so I haven't used it yet. I think I'm going to make a pair of longies for my friend's DD's birthday (she doesn't CD but I could just make them a little smaller in the bum I think) and use that pattern and maybe even add some ruffles on the bottom. I have fun knitting things for little girls since all I ever knit is for DS or me.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:14 AM   #26
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning ladies!

I have a question. What do you consider to be the ideal measurements for NB longies? I need to make some for a baby that has not yet been conceived (not mine, LOL), from a sweater with sentimental significance so I don't want to mess it up. My babies are huge, so I want to know what a normal NB size is. With a gun to my head I'd say 12"W, 13"R, 6" inseam but I'm not sure that is right.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:15 AM   #27
Bethannp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning! I'm drinking some Lemon Ginger tea today, the box says it's energizing, so I hope it is! Also it's good for the tummy, but my tummy feels bad at night, not the morning, so that doesnt really matter at the moment. My goal is to get some serious knitting done this week. I'm falling way behind. I've been having headaches every evening for the past couple weeks, and that makes it hard to knit, or do anything else really. I can't wait till the 1st trimester is over! It's amazing how a baby the size of a lima bean can wreack such havoc on your body! And I'm a lot better off then some of the mamas on the Sept board.

Heidi - Great soaker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalcindd View Post
Hi ladies

Any thoughts on keeping or selling fitteds?
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...=1#post6186180

I hope to get to pop in here more often. DD is almost 2 weeks old and this will be our first full week w/o any family here to "help" us...we will see how it goes
Good luck!! I'm sure it will go fine!
Old 02-02-2009, 08:18 AM   #28
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

i've posted here before but can never keep up with you all. just gonna jump in.

on the butt: a mama-made fitted(rita's rump pocket) out of dad's old t-shirts and a cute black with star rainbows remnant from jo-ann fabric. double stuffed with gerber prefolds since she's nursing down for morning nap.

gonna try to get pictures of my fitteds. i've been working hard on them and they are super duper cute(which is a feat because I'm NOT a seamstress) and I now have 10. I'm planning on a full dozen. And I need to make her a few pairs of shorties for this summer so I'm hoping to cast on the waistband today!
Old 02-02-2009, 08:21 AM   #29
Bethannp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Cheryl - Per the Sheepy Pants pattern, a nb is 12-14 hip, 13 rise, 6-7 inch inseam. For the waist they just don't give a measurement. But my guess would be to do the waist about 3 inches smaller than the hip
Old 02-02-2009, 08:22 AM   #30
mamazluv
seller

My Mood:

cheryl i think that sounds about right. but maybe pm mommyscott or thirdtimemomma.

heidi, i dont think that the bell bottoms are that pronounced. i think you could stay with a boyish color and stay in the stockinette stitch an itd be fine.