Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-24-2006, 09:09 AM   #21
camperjen
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone Else Have This "Problem"?

I guess I wonder why this is so important? It's not like the baby's GRANDMA is calling him/her by the wrong gender...

I understand that PINK should be obvious - but people are looking at THE BABY, not the clothes.

This happened just yesterday at church - my son is a year old and was in very typically boyish clothes. *shrug* Didn't bother me.

Advertisement

Old 04-24-2006, 09:33 AM   #22
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by camperjen
I guess I wonder why this is so important? It's not like the baby's GRANDMA is calling him/her by the wrong gender...

I understand that PINK should be obvious - but people are looking at THE BABY, not the clothes.

This happened just yesterday at church - my son is a year old and was in very typically boyish clothes. *shrug* Didn't bother me.
Trust me, I'm not losing any sleep over it or anything. To me, it's just annoying! I tend to be a litte more noticing to a childs clothing or whatever if I'm going to comment on the cuteness of someone elses child. I think it's just common sense - pink shirt = girl flowers = girl. *shrug* It's not the end of my world or anything...
Old 04-24-2006, 09:59 AM   #23
camperjen
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFabMama
Trust me, I'm not losing any sleep over it or anything. *shrug* It's not the end of my world or anything...
Oh good!

(those other smilies sure make a difference in how things can be taken, don't they?)
Old 04-24-2006, 10:01 AM   #24
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

Yes, smilies are good!
Old 04-25-2006, 01:43 AM   #25
mamas120
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

aww...I don't see how they can mistake her for a little boy. I have actually never had that problem because both dd's were born w/ heads full of hair so i could already put little barrets in them.
mamas120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 09:40 AM   #26
Severine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We get that ALL THE TIME! I was once feeding DD in my car, she was in all pink, she was drinking from a pink bottle, and a little old lady walking by commented on what a handsome little boy I had. GRRRR!!!! Usually, I say "thank you, SHE is." When I was shopping at April Cornell on Sunday, i had a woman go on and on about my "little boy" (who was misbehaving on my back, incidentally, and I was antsy to get through the check-out and out of there). I just smiled, then talked to DD using her name... the woman actually proceeded to ask "Oh, is he a girl? Or a boy?" DUH!

Although I will admit to sometimes intentionally dressing her in a gender neutral manner when I'm feeling snarky and looking to make someone feel embarassed. Evil, I know!
Severine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 12:44 PM   #27
mom_of_3g_1b
Registered Users
seller

It happens to me all the time. When we take the girls out we dress them in their nicer cloths and they are always girly. The second question after "Are they Triplets" seems to be "Are they all boys?" I had one lady say "Oh too bad" when I told her they were girls.

DS used to have really light, fine, curly hair that was past his shoulders. I finally gave in a cut it because no matter what we had him dressed in everyone always said what a cute little girl. GRRR
Old 04-26-2006, 12:54 PM   #28
mommy22peanuts
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by vick
Sorry mamas, that totally sucks! I've screwed up boys and girls, but only when they're wearing gender neutral clothing. A baby in pink or in a dress is a girl, for Pete's sake!!

Can you believe that with one or two exceptions when she was much smaller, no-one ever screws Isabel's sex up? I can have her in a white t-shirt and jeans and everyone says "what a cute girl" - it's gotta be all her hair!

People haven't mistaken my DD either, and I also think it's because of all her hair!!! Oh and the bright pink stroller does help!
Old 04-26-2006, 01:09 PM   #29
hfitz5051
Let the rabbits wear glasses!
seller

My Mood:

Hazel was called a boy again today! She was in an all denim MT though, and wearing a orange and green tie dye shirt(thanks Jena!). So she looked a bit unisex.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:54 PM   #30
twinsmomkatie
Registered Users
seller

My identical twin girls would wear pink dresses to the mall, and people would constantly rush up and ask me, "Are they twins?" "Which one is the boy and which one is hte girl?" Believe me, if I had a dollar every time I got asked those 2 questions, I would be retired and financially independent right now. (Actually, I would probalby be BROKE! from buying adorable CLOTH DIAPERS!)

My dh invented so many stupid answers . . . we got a lot of fun out of people. One time he gasps, looks down at the stroller, and says, "There are TWO of them? Honey, where did we get TWO of them? Oh, great!" This poor little old lady was so confused . . . He also used to tell everyone that one was 3 years older. (They are IDENTICAL in size and appearance!) Very funny.

If you can't change 'em, laugh at 'em! That's what I always say . . .

Katie