Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-19-2006, 07:11 AM   #31
Hillbilly Bunny
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: shipping

Ok this really bothers me and breaks my heart Are you all complaining about .50 cents?

I try to make my shipping rates as close to the actual cost as possible. Sometimes I do eat the cost. Most of the time it's with a FREEBIE Don't most WAHM include freebies! Trust me! They were NOT free. I have hard candy and I had to pay a lot to have 200 of those things shipped to me and they can make a BIG difference in shipping costs at the PO.

I can understand getting upset over those really big companies when they charge 4.00 or more for a handling fee PLUS shipping costs, but WAHMs

Advertisement

Last edited by Hillbilly Bunny; 05-19-2006 at 07:12 AM.
Hillbilly Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 07:24 AM   #32
MamaZ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly Bunny
I can understand getting upset over those really big companies when they charge 4.00 or more for a handling fee PLUS shipping costs, but WAHMs
I only complain about big companies
MamaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 07:33 AM   #33
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaZ
I only complain about big companies

Me too! When they make a ton of money already and then add in horrendous shipping to my order it makes me physically ill

But I do understand a small WAHM business, she works to package, prints labels and packing slips manually, drives to the PO (sometimes with small children in tow) so the extra little bit of money is all worth it when you consider you are supporting them so they can stay home with their children. It's just worth it!
Old 05-19-2006, 08:41 AM   #34
DiaperJunction
Registered Users

First class is cheaper than parcel post and priority.Parcel post, when you get to a lb is actually the same as priority after you add in delivery confirmation. Parcel post will be stupidly high for very light items, but then will get lower for heavier stuff. First class for 13 oz (the heaviest you can go w/1st class) with no DC is $3.27. And personally, I wouldn't use parcel post. I had too many customers waiting over 2 weeks for packages, some even 3 or 4 weeks.

What cart are you using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlharp5375
Its funny I came across shipping posts today.. I have been working for two days trying to get my shipping calculator thru USPS to work right for exact shipping. I am so frustrated I could scream!!! No matter what I do it seems whacked out. So now I just pleaded with a webdesigner to please help me figure out the problem. Well lets see if any of you know the answer.

Does first class sometimes come out to be more than priority or parcel? For some reason my calculator is listing it a couple $$ higher. And even priority and parcel sound too high according to some of your posts. I thought it should be lower. So now I am just going to have to adjust it for each customer until I can get it fixed. I'm having a horrible day.

Rachel
DiaperJunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 10:28 AM   #35
mommymell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

maybe I was out of line. I just know that the shipping was higher than I expected. I do not ever expect freebies. It is nice that you do that though. I am not sure if we are talking .50 or not. Don't mind me. I was just use to paying around 4+ for larger packages and priority. Not 2 diapers at First class. I'm just too cheap I guess.
mommymell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 10:32 AM   #36
mommymell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

margarita...I just saw your post. Thank you so much for explaining this to me. Now I understand. So you agree that yes they are high, but for a reason. At least now I don't feel like I was just being a cheap ***. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
mommymell is offline   Reply With Quote