Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-03-2009, 07:32 AM   #11
mom2piddle
Registered Users
seller

Re: back to basic... we saw our shadow....

Is it taboo to mention that I have a girl and never use the bottom piece to the snappi?! I was half tempted to just cut it off and have seen it done before...but we hide things like scissors around here!

Advertisement

Old 02-03-2009, 07:38 AM   #12
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

morning all. feeling like roadkill today so i think there's nothing on the agenda. sore throat, horrible congestion, body aches, etc. just wanna curl up and die. nursing down the baby and got everyone off to school so I'm gonna lay on the couch and maybe work on these forkin shorties that are making me question my allegiance to wool(i'll post a pic later if I can untangle the knots that are the gusset). I HAVE to do diaper laundry but i'm planning on it taking all day. thank goodness it's a daddy night tonight. the kids' dad comes on Tuesdays to visit them so i just have to make dinner and then i get a 2 hour break until i need to nurse down the toddler. think i will hide in my room with the door shut and beg him to keep them entertained.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:42 AM   #13
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by beck2boys1girl View Post
so sorry about school-are u a student or teacher?
I'd started my masters last semester but it took over my life pretty much and i spent over an hour just reading through the course descriptions and assignment schedule for 4 classes - I just really really really really am lacking motivation - and I think time as well after looking at what is going to be required - to fume a bit - I'm sort of upset that the program was marketed for working adults because last semster I easily spent 40 hrs a week trying to get through it - only a couple of the teachers seem to understand that its somewhat unreasonable to ask people to spend 3 or 4 times the amount of time on the class as the hours its worth - one teacher seemed to have considerably less work and suggest the class would take on average 5 hrs a week - that is completely reasonable and do able for a 3 hr class but looking at two of the classes - they'll easily take over 10 hrs a piece a week apart from special projects and non weekly assignments

okay saga over
Old 02-03-2009, 07:42 AM   #14
my1hd
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by osmom3kids View Post
Hi Ladies!
My name is Olivia and I am a mama to three boys (7, 3, and my baby will be 1 on the 12th ) I have been around DS for years but have never got into a "group" In the recent months I have been lurking and posting on different threads but have not found my niche yet All of you seem easy going and fun, so may I join?
I also wanted to share my excitement with you! I have been practicing pinning my pfs and well this morning I think I did it, half decently anyway
Hi and nice pin job! I can't get mine to work
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2piddle View Post
Is it taboo to mention that I have a girl and never use the bottom piece to the snappi?! I was half tempted to just cut it off and have seen it done before...but we hide things like scissors around here!

I cut it off before and continueed to use it for like 2 more yrs That middle peice gets annoying once they starting moving.
my1hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:46 AM   #15
my1hd
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryster View Post

I saw the DR yesterday. I think my doc just has 0 time. I had the stress B test done and then she checked my cervix without mentioning what she was doing. I've had some light bleeding since then which I hear is normal.

my hips hurt, my back hurts- is it so terrible if i'm thinking i've had enough and i'm 35 wks??

I finally gave in and bought snappis and then read a whole post about ppl worrying about hurting their boys parts with the snappi.
OMG it is not terrible. I'm over pregnancy about 1 week after i take the test and i cded a boy and never hurt him with a snappi it doesn't go the deep.
my1hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:54 AM   #16
momma2Mimi07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good Morning!

WOTA: Go to Meijers and get some baby wash (burts bees) and butt cream (burts bees), STALK WCW tonight, and hang out with DF and M.

WOTB: ADG Flapjack and luxe soaker!
Expecting Sweet Baby#3 in Early May
momma2Mimi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:00 AM   #17
TJR2119
Registered Users

My Mood:

Negrapy

Fairygnomehome hope you feel better soon! Enjoy your relaxation time this evening!

Kryster I used a snappi with no problem on DS and he was 2 years old!
TJR2119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:12 AM   #18
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:

Morning mamas.

Work and cleaning on the agenda, as it is every. single. day.

WOTB: Flannel preflat. He had a sposie on this morning from last night and did his poop in it! Same thing happened yesterday morning! (Can you tell I bought a bag of sposies the other day?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by osmom3kids View Post
[COLOR="Red"] Hi Ladies!
My name is Olivia and I am a mama to three boys (7, 3, and my baby will be 1 on the 12th ) I have been around DS for years but have never got into a "group" In the recent months I have been lurking and posting on different threads but have not found my niche yet All of you seem easy going and fun, so may I join?
I also wanted to share my excitement with you! I have been practicing pinning my pfs and well this morning I think I did it, half decently anyway
Hi! Awesome folding and pinning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaeryGnomeHome View Post
morning all. feeling like roadkill today so i think there's nothing on the agenda. sore throat, horrible congestion, body aches, etc. just wanna curl up and die. nursing down the baby and got everyone off to school so I'm gonna lay on the couch and maybe work on these forkin shorties that are making me question my allegiance to wool(i'll post a pic later if I can untangle the knots that are the gusset). I HAVE to do diaper laundry but i'm planning on it taking all day. thank goodness it's a daddy night tonight. the kids' dad comes on Tuesdays to visit them so i just have to make dinner and then i get a 2 hour break until i need to nurse down the toddler. think i will hide in my room with the door shut and beg him to keep them entertained.
Awww, I hope you feel better soon and don't lose your mind over the shorties! That's good you have someone to come help with the kids tonight. (For what it's worth I think it's good you guys have it set up so that he comes to your house and visits once a week. )
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:19 AM   #19
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR2119 View Post
Welcome Olivia! Awesome job pinning! I am terrified of pins

DD's behind is gurgling so I think it's time for a diaper change
Yes, awesome pinning job (since my multip-quote didn't pick up the intro, sigh)!

on the bum gurgle. I actually caught it too fast yesterday and tried changing her mid-poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryster View Post
good morning.

my hips hurt, my back hurts- is it so terrible if i'm thinking i've had enough and i'm 35 wks??

I finally gave in and bought snappis and then read a whole post about ppl worrying about hurting their boys parts with the snappi.
LOL well, snappis can catch on things, pins can poke, snaps can break off, velcro can get pilly and lose stickiness, and sposies are full of chemicals and waste. Take your pick . I have girls but we snagged ourselves (somehow ), not her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by negrapy View Post
I'd started my masters last semester but it took over my life pretty much and i spent over an hour just reading through the course descriptions and assignment schedule for 4 classes - I just really really really really am lacking motivation - and I think time as well after looking at what is going to be required - to fume a bit - I'm sort of upset that the program was marketed for working adults because last semster I easily spent 40 hrs a week trying to get through it - only a couple of the teachers seem to understand that its somewhat unreasonable to ask people to spend 3 or 4 times the amount of time on the class as the hours its worth - one teacher seemed to have considerably less work and suggest the class would take on average 5 hrs a week - that is completely reasonable and do able for a 3 hr class but looking at two of the classes - they'll easily take over 10 hrs a piece a week apart from special projects and non weekly assignments

okay saga over
Yuck!!! That was marketed for people with FT jobs????

I'm getting sick (I figured it would come around to me completely eventually), but not bad yet thankfully. Dd2's next therapist is coming over today, and dh gets to go to a speech class for her tonight. And now I have to get her off the kitchen table, lol....
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!

Last edited by dragondance; 02-03-2009 at 08:34 AM.
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:25 AM   #20
kaoh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by negrapy View Post

okay saga over
can you defer for a semester? Or go part-time? Its rough - my SIL did her masters/PhD after #2.

Olivia - welcome, and awesome pinning job. I am going to have to give pinning another try.

WOTB: BG AIO - dd is at friend's house while I am supposed to be doing my workshop homework. So I'm popping back out for the rest of the mosrning. Have fun ladies!