Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-03-2009, 08:30 AM   #21
mommy2bugnbugga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: back to basic... we saw our shadow....

Good morning all! I don't have much time this morning to catch up on everyone. I hope everyone is doing well! I have a dr. appt today to get a referral to an Orthopedist. I broke my foot on Sat and need to get it casted or something but have had to wait on the stupid dr. to give me a referral until I could go get it done.

TJR, I was terrified of pins at first. it took me 3-4 times and now I am a master. I despise the snappi. I gave mine away and now dh wants me to get some more so he can learn how to snappi.

Krystyr, I think everyone gets like that around that time in the pg. It's the hump time...where you are so close, but yet it feels so far away. Hang in there

Welcome Olivia! Great pinning job!

WOTB: A PB&E preflat!

Advertisement

Shanna ~ wife to G ~ mommy to Lizzie JJ and #3 arriving late Aug. 2011
mommy2bugnbugga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:31 AM   #22
mamazluv
You know you want this.........
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by my1hd View Post
That is so funny. I thought you were talking about the stupid ground hog

Ok, so I brought the baby to the dr yesterday and it turns out for one thing sh e has pink eye . I thought i was just a little clog duct but it got a lot worse through the day. They Dr is still thinking dairy and thinks it hasn't been long enough so he wants me to get real strict with it and call him in 2 weeks. He doesn't want me to cut anything else out right now because he wants to know if it gets better with just the dairy. After the 2 weeks though I may need to try soy too. I don't think I really eat to much of that though........ So anyway any ideas on how ot get green poo stains out of prefolds Good thing I don't use the pricey dipes. LOL.
groundhog day is why i found the whole situation amusing, she had never done that before.
we do a lot of grape koolaid. that makes poop VERY green. MOST stains eventually come out. i have some pretty stained wipes, but not many dipes. and like i said we have wicked green poo most of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by osmom3kids View Post
Hi Ladies!
My name is Olivia and I am a mama to three boys (7, 3, and my baby will be 1 on the 12th ) I have been around DS for years but have never got into a "group" In the recent months I have been lurking and posting on different threads but have not found my niche yet All of you seem easy going and fun, so may I join?
I also wanted to share my excitement with you! I have been practicing pinning my pfs and well this morning I think I did it, half decently anyway
good pin job. havent you been here before? your name is familiar... anyways, welcome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryster View Post
good morning.

that's too cute about a shadow on the wall

I heard the ground hog did see his shadow and we are in for 6 more wks of winter. on the other hand where I live- that's a given. that is the hardest thing I find about winter here- the length. I'm originally from Vancouver, BC where winter starts in december and is over by february. I moved to Quebec- winter starts oct/nov and can last til May sometimes. drives me nutz.

I saw the DR yesterday. I think my doc just has 0 time. I had the stress B test done and then she checked my cervix without mentioning what she was doing. I've had some light bleeding since then which I hear is normal.

my hips hurt, my back hurts- is it so terrible if i'm thinking i've had enough and i'm 35 wks??

I finally gave in and bought snappis and then read a whole post about ppl worrying about hurting their boys parts with the snappi.
is it normal to check the cervix in CA at this time? my drwont touch me until 38wks.
i have a girl and have considered cutting the bottom off the snappi. i might try it on an old one. it sometimes gives her a 'ahem' the appearance of the foot on a desert animal. doesnt appear to be comfy. and it always comes undone when we go coverless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by negrapy View Post
morning!

so i think i'm going to quit school ....

I have my first prenatal appointment in the US tomorrow -

wotb: sandy under crocheted monster butt longies

Kryster my boys have been using snappis for a combined more than 3 years not counting double time for when they both were - never been an issue here and supposedly one of them has the nickname the trunk from his uncle for a reason

So just wanted to check in - make my anouncements and say helloooooo
are you overseas or something like heidi? do tell... i find heidis life fascinating. ive only ever been to canada.

now heres the QOTD i wanted to ask...

do you/have you ever obsessed about your SO's faithfullness? like maybe stalking type thing? if so, do you have a good reason, or are you just crazy?
Old 02-03-2009, 08:35 AM   #23
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

WOTB: Pinned trimmed LL premium PF under crocheted longies by Get Hooked.
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:47 AM   #24
Bethannp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning. Today is going to be a knitting day. I got the house pretty well cleaned yesterday so today I'm going to spend most of the day knitting.

From yesterdays thread : Kari, I still have a YYMN slot on HC

Heidi - I only have been using the 1 line of Tide, and 1/4 cup of bleach is more than i've used. but if the problem is bacteria in the water, it would just get back on the diaps in the rinse.

Quote:
Hi Ladies!
My name is Olivia and I am a mama to three boys (7, 3, and my baby will be 1 on the 12th ) I have been around DS for years but have never got into a "group" In the recent months I have been lurking and posting on different threads but have not found my niche yet All of you seem easy going and fun, so may I join?
I also wanted to share my excitement with you! I have been practicing pinning my pfs and well this morning I think I did it, half decently anyway
welcome! nice pinning

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaeryGnomeHome View Post
morning all. feeling like roadkill today so i think there's nothing on the agenda. sore throat, horrible congestion, body aches, etc. just wanna curl up and die. nursing down the baby and got everyone off to school so I'm gonna lay on the couch and maybe work on these forkin shorties that are making me question my allegiance to wool(i'll post a pic later if I can untangle the knots that are the gusset). I HAVE to do diaper laundry but i'm planning on it taking all day. thank goodness it's a daddy night tonight. the kids' dad comes on Tuesdays to visit them so i just have to make dinner and then i get a 2 hour break until i need to nurse down the toddler. think i will hide in my room with the door shut and beg him to keep them entertained.
enjoy your quiet time!
Old 02-03-2009, 08:52 AM   #25
slaloms
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good morning everyone. I am so tired this morning. #2 woke up almost every hour last night. I hate those nights. :coffee:

WOTA: Finish putting laundry away from yesterday, diaper laundry, and whatever else I can get done.

WOTB: #1 LL toddler small with preemie doubler in a thirsties cover, #2, BG

Quote:

Ok, so I brought the baby to the dr yesterday and it turns out for one thing sh e has pink eye . I thought i was just a little clog duct but it got a lot worse through the day. They Dr is still thinking dairy and thinks it hasn't been long enough so he wants me to get real strict with it and call him in 2 weeks. He doesn't want me to cut anything else out right now because he wants to know if it gets better with just the dairy. After the 2 weeks though I may need to try soy too. I don't think I really eat to much of that though........ So anyway any ideas on how ot get green poo stains out of prefolds Good thing I don't use the pricey dipes. LOL.

WOTA
Clean upstairs bathroom I never got to
mop kitchen
sweep (never ends, stupid dog )
clean bedrooms
laundry... again never ends

that sounds good for now LOL.

WOTB disposable still because she is still sleeping
I totally thought it as for groundhog day too!

I'm sorry about the pink eye As for green poo stain, we've had some of those lately because DD has been eating a ton of blueberries. I just rinse and then spray with bacout until the next wash. That seems to work for me.

Quote:
Hi Ladies!

I'm no pinning expert, but that looks great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by negrapy View Post

so i think i'm going to quit school ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2bugnbugga View Post
Good morning all! I don't have much time this morning to catch up on everyone. I hope everyone is doing well! I have a dr. appt today to get a referral to an Orthopedist. I broke my foot on Sat and need to get it casted or something but have had to wait on the stupid dr. to give me a referral until I could go get it done.
Ouch! I hope it heals quickly!
slaloms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:05 AM   #26
mom2piddle
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma2Mimi07 View Post
Good Morning!

WOTA: Go to Meijers and get some baby wash (burts bees) and butt cream (burts bees), STALK WCW tonight, and hang out with DF and M.

WOTB: ADG Flapjack and luxe soaker!
Still waiting for pics

Quote:

WOTA
Clean upstairs bathroom I never got to
mop kitchen
sweep (never ends, stupid dog )
clean bedrooms
laundry... again never ends

that sounds good for now LOL.

WOTB disposable still because she is still sleeping
I openly admit to using Spray and Wash on the diapers! I rinse of the poo with a buddie bar and then spray and wash and let it dry like that....then into the pail until wash day. BUT when the baby was on meds...I wet pailed the poopy diapers for 2 days, changing the water in between days

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaeryGnomeHome View Post
morning all. feeling like roadkill today so i think there's nothing on the agenda. sore throat, horrible congestion, body aches, etc. just wanna curl up and die. nursing down the baby and got everyone off to school so I'm gonna lay on the couch and maybe work on these forkin shorties that are making me question my allegiance to wool(i'll post a pic later if I can untangle the knots that are the gusset). I HAVE to do diaper laundry but i'm planning on it taking all day. thank goodness it's a daddy night tonight. the kids' dad comes on Tuesdays to visit them so i just have to make dinner and then i get a 2 hour break until i need to nurse down the toddler. think i will hide in my room with the door shut and beg him to keep them entertained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamazluv View Post
now heres the QOTD i wanted to ask...

do you/have you ever obsessed about your SO's faithfullness? like maybe stalking type thing? if so, do you have a good reason, or are you just crazy?
nope, sorry
Old 02-03-2009, 09:07 AM   #27
Lisathena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning mama's!

Probably wont be on too much today, just popping in here and there. dd is snuggled next to me right now. . she loves me .

I have our ladies study today and a study w/ my MIL this afternoon. I need to go mail a book out that dh sold for $.75 its gunna cost more to ship it than what its worth! Its on that half.com on ebay.

I think thats it for now. And oh in MT we always have 6 more weeks of winter.

And for Meijers. . . i that store and miss it terribly. When i went back home to visit last month i went to 2 of them . .lol
Lisathena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:21 AM   #28
mamazluv
You know you want this.........
seller

My Mood:

bethann, do you have well water? im assuming you do. if you think you have bacteria in the water, you can call the health and sanitation dept of your county, and they can give you instructions for "cleaning" your well. im not sure, our well cap is burried but it is something like pour x amount of bleach in it, let the water run until you smell it, turn it off, then back on until you cant,.,.. or something like that, but they can tell you. most everyone around here has done it.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:23 AM   #29
osmom3kids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamazluv View Post
good pin job. havent you been here before? your name is familiar... anyways, welcome.
The reason my name is familiar to you is because I was one of your testers for your wool soakers
Old 02-03-2009, 09:30 AM   #30
Bethannp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, we have well water. I had never though of calling the county about it. I might do that. The stupid thing is right across the road there is piping for Rural Water, the landlord is just to freaking cheap to hook up to it.

Oh and AOTD: nope, Dh was in Iraq for 15 months, if I was going to question his faithfullness I would have drove myself insane.