Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-03-2009, 08:04 AM   #11
amyrenee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: BSRB Tootin' Good Tuesday

Morning!

Shannon- that's so weird that you had a dream about eating inedible things because I had a dream that Eva and I were eating pennies for a snack! Hahaha ew!!

Tana- I'm so sorry you are sleep deprived. Try to nap while Roan is napping... or laying down and nursing. Hugs Mama!

Advertisement

Old 02-03-2009, 08:11 AM   #12
starla79
Registered Users
seller

That stinks, Tana. D started showing symptoms of reflux when he was about 2 weeks old... he wouldn't nap worth anything, and sometimes when he was nursing he'd pull off and arch his back and scream. He nursed so much... nursing helps them for a little while to keep everything down but it makes it worse because their stomach is more full then... kind of a vicious cycle. He screamed and cried all the time (especially when we'd lay him on his back) until we had him put on zantac... two days later we had a totally different baby. He only behaves that way again when his dose needs to be increased, which we haven't needed for a while. We had him sleeping in the swing for a while, and now he sleeps propped up in a boppy, otherwise he wakes up constantly. I don't think it's because it burns so much anymore, i think it'd more because it's uncomfortable to try to sleep and have reflux at the same time.

I wish i'd had a shot at the sage vines last night... i love that print. It's very me. Not that i need any more diapers. I intended to get enough for 3 days, somehow i ended up with enough for 4... funny how that happens.

D is growing like a weed. All the kid wants to do is nurse. All day, all night. As soon as he sees me he does this hiccupy whining noise he only uses when he's hungry. I'm nursing him almost every hour while he's awake, and every 1-2 hours when he's sleeping... i pretty much have to pry my nipple out of his mouth to get him to sleep in his crib. I wouldn't mind so much ordinarily but the girls HURT right now, and will for another day or so. I should be glad he's eating... after putting up with him biting me constantly when his ears were bugging him, this is pretty easy.

Anyone got a QOTD yet? Here's one -- what sort of car do you drive, and what sort of car do you want? I'll answer later...
I'm Megan, Rob is my husband, Draven is my boy, born 3/14/08. Expecting #2 in early March. Where have all the BSRBs gone?
starla79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:19 AM   #13
aranel7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I drive a 2007 Honda Odyssey and while I love my van (a lot) the non-mommy that is still hiding inside wishes I'd gotten a large SUV instead. But I know it wouldn't be as useful (gotta love those self opening doors!) and it would certainly take more gas. So I know I got the right car for me, and I can't really think of another one that I'd want more.

But . . . if I wasn't going to have to cart kids around . . . the car geek in me would keel over and die to drive a Bugatti Veyron 16.4

Should I buy this? I love the Nora colorway AND my mom's name is Nora

Everyday Gourmet with Jennifer Grady Mallowes
aranel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:38 AM   #14
i&a's mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have one car right now, a '05 Honda Accord, and we're getting ready buy a minivan. Debating between the Honda Odyssey, Nissan Quest and VW Routan...
Old 02-03-2009, 08:43 AM   #15
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Morning mamas!!

QOTD: I drive an '04 Hyundai Sonata... good little car and suits us just fine since we only have one little guy... I don't plan to trade it in for a while... It'll be paid off in a year and I will drive it as long as I can... I'm not big into cars... though I would LOVE a Chrysler 300 -- they just look so classy, I don't know why I love them so much.
Baby #3 coming July 2015
carlycurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:50 AM   #16
mrsdi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good morning!
I had to get C and I out of the house this morning. It's starting to snow, and supposed to get worse later, so we packed up and headed to Starbuck's for breakfast. It was a nice change of scenery to just sit there while I drank my iced coffee & C indulged in some apples & apricots. Although, I she was much more interested in my iced coffee.

Tana--SS about the sleepless night. Hopefully Roan will get on track with days/nights.

Shannon--I hate having dreams like that. They make me feel foggy all day. However, going back to think about the dream actually is kind of funny.

Starla--I'm thanking Jenn for scooping up that sage vines. I loved it, and if it would have sat there any longer, I probably would have bought it.

Amy--Hi!

Jenn--Thanks for the pm. I hope you like it.
I love that Nora colorway, too. I'm just not a fan of the juliette skirties. So, I'm having a hard time enabling you to go for it.
I need to find a good pattern for a plain skirtie. I wonder how hard they are to knit?
about the weaning!! Go J!!!!

Jaclyn--I find that thinking shorties and skirties in February really helps me to get out of the winter blues.

QOTD: I drive an older model Nissan Pathfinder. We had a BMW before this car, and it was so NOT practical when C came along. Getting the infant carrier in and out of that thing stunk big time. I love our Pathfinder, and love the fact that it has 4wd. Especially since the BMW was rear-wheel drive.
If I could choose my next car, it would be a Honda Pilot. I those, but they were out of our price range when we were shopping for a new car.

Well, off to get some things done around here. I washed the clothes that DH wore to the bar he went to for the super bowl b/c they smelled horrible. They smelled like grease, and there is no cooking in that bar.
So, I washed them and they STILL stink. Off to use the heavy duty smell-good detergent and some Ecover to see if that helps the issue.

mrsdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:51 AM   #17
starla79
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by i&a's mama View Post
We have one car right now, a '05 Honda Accord, and we're getting ready buy a minivan. Debating between the Honda Odyssey, Nissan Quest and VW Routan...
The Routan is just a rebadged Chrysler. I wouldn't recommend it. The Quest has extremely high repair costs, so if you're prone to accidentally backing into things I'd stay away. Most Nissans/Infinitis are bad when it comes to repair costs.

I drive an 07 VW GTI, traded in my Integra for it. It's my mini-minivan. I love hatchbacks. My husband drives an 07 Subary Legacy spec.B. I wish he had gotten something a little easier to get D in and out of... but it's his car, and he's the one who had to wrestle D in and out of the car seat. Rob and I are both serious car geeks (heck, I write car reviews) so trying to talk myself out of the latest and greatest is almost as hard as not buying more diapers.
I'm Megan, Rob is my husband, Draven is my boy, born 3/14/08. Expecting #2 in early March. Where have all the BSRBs gone?
starla79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:53 AM   #18
mommyshanti
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

tana-pm'ed ya
did my taxes yesterday so sad all the money is already accounted for
new floor we got last year and credit
their ya go we are gonna purchase one thing to save $ and good for home/environment tankless water heater one of these days our dream home will be solar but not now
as far as babies sleeping mine has been doing good usually wakes up just as im goin to sleep midnight and somewhere b/t 3/5 and then will sleep till about 7-8
my honeys gone and it always takes me forever to fall asllep
so i didnt see QOTD
so were you raised in the city or country??
Old 02-03-2009, 08:55 AM   #19
mommyshanti
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

aww man someone already posted qotd let me catch up
Old 02-03-2009, 08:58 AM   #20
mommyshanti
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yeah for weaning party hardy
and snow here too and it was 60 degrees yesterday darn groundhog

Quote:
Originally Posted by aranel7 View Post
Morning all! The verdict is in . . . weaning is real!!! Juliana woke up last night and after 5 minutes of crying, she was just as worked up as ever, so I went in her room and held her for a few minutes and did kissy face to her and rocked her, and she was drifting off during that, then she really went back to sleep as soon as I put her in her crib. I feared that the weaning wasn't really for real because we hadn't faced a night waking without boobies yet, but now we have and it was fine! I am SO relieved. I think my milk is really going away anyway.

I am a wool stalking fool right now. Now that I've gotten the idea into my head that I must have scrappies and goldfish wool, I can't rest until I find it. And . . . you can add a rainbow colorway to that list too. I found a skirty on here last night that I am just over, but it's too small for J. It's the most vibrant rainbow yarn I've ever seen. That's what I want

It's snowing here AGAIN today so I don't know if me and the kids will get out of the house, but the plan is to try!