Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-03-2009, 08:32 AM   #1
fawnlovesjasper
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Best plus size, large busted bra?

Ok ladies, I need to find some nursing bras before I have my May baby.. I am currently a (gulp) 48G, right now I'm bursting out of them, the bands are bugging me on the loosest setting (before pregnancy I wore them on the tightest ), and the girls are begging to want to "bubble" out the tops.. not a pretty sight at all

I can't stand undewire, if I buy a bra with it, I cut it out.. so it's useless anyway. My girls look south, so something with good support even when open, that will help point them forward would be nice, I have always had to hold them up while nursing my other kids, and would love to be able to free up that hand a bit. I would also like to be able to have something that holds them in place well enough for me to learn to nurse in a ring sling since this will be a warm weather baby, and we will be out and about much more than we have ever been with one of our babies.

So what is the best bra you have found?? Money isn't an issue here, I'm used to spending a fortune for bras, but any time I can save a penny I'm

Advertisement

Old 02-03-2009, 09:47 AM   #2
jessicap
Registered Users
seller

Re: Best plus size, large busted bra?

have you looked into a diabetic supply shop?
jessicap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:50 AM   #3
fawnlovesjasper
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

ummm nope.. where would I find something like that? Would they have nursing bras?
Old 02-03-2009, 09:55 AM   #4
jessicap
Registered Users
seller

we had a local diabetic supply shop that all of us chesty girls were referred to. I don't think that they had nursing bras, but they had some comfy bras that could be used while nursing. Maybe look in your yellowpages and see if you have a shop locally, otherwise I will google it and see if I can find something out for you.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:00 AM   #5
jessicap
Registered Users
seller

http://www.freshpair.com/Goddess-Sof...g-Bra-511.html

I don't know if this would work out or not...it goes up to a 48G...but this is a discontinued item...so it is on a good sale.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:10 AM   #6
susansabrina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicap View Post
http://www.freshpair.com/Goddess-Sof...g-Bra-511.html

I don't know if this would work out or not...it goes up to a 48G...but this is a discontinued item...so it is on a good sale.
I would be leery of buying online just because sizing is so difficult for us busty moms. The reviews states that cons were hard to use closures and tricky to fit. I would recommend going to Lane Bryant. They have terrific bras there built specifically for our sizes in sturdy, supportive, and pretty varieties. They also have a new nursing bra style and have started to carry maternity as well. HTH!
ISO:Planet Lunchbox, zorb, Small Lunette cup, ribbon for hairbows, bento style egg molds.IHA:Sm MEAF, Med MEAF, ME Toddlease, Columbia shorts XL womens, xl maternity swimsuit, Lg Zolowear ring sling in blue/grey, 2 Robeez 12-18 mo boys, wool wash, dog costume
susansabrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:17 AM   #7
braxis03
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hey, I feel your pain. Mine were a G while prego and now are about an H or I while nursin. The website that I always use is breakoutbras.com! I love the site because they carry big sizes, they have customer service to help you with sizing and best bras for your size. The site also has advice about each bra from the woman who runs the site. Which I find helpful since I'm buying something that I can't try on first. It is also FREE shipping all the time. They will also return any bra that doesn't fit and send you out a new one for free too. Here is a link to the godess softcup that they carry in big sizes. Let me know how you like the site.

http://breakoutbras.stores.yahoo.net/czosonubraby.html
braxis03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:33 AM   #8
chloecat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

decent exposures i think has a lot of big sizes

www.decentexposures.com
Old 02-03-2009, 10:58 AM   #9
fawnlovesjasper
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for all the links, I found this one as well... and will have to continue my "shopping" tomarrow, I have got to get my housework done..lol

http://www.birthandbabyorders.com/index.php?c=1016
Old 02-03-2009, 11:04 AM   #10
fawnlovesjasper
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by susansabrina View Post
I would be leery of buying online just because sizing is so difficult for us busty moms. The reviews states that cons were hard to use closures and tricky to fit. I would recommend going to Lane Bryant. They have terrific bras there built specifically for our sizes in sturdy, supportive, and pretty varieties. They also have a new nursing bra style and have started to carry maternity as well. HTH!
Thanks... sadly, I have gotten accustomed to buying my bras online.. I live in a very small town area, and we have very few options.. esp for plus sized bras. The nearest Lane Bryant is 2 1/2 hours away from me each way For a very breif time, about 15 years ago, we had one.. it didn't even stay here a year

I will look on their website though