Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-10-2009, 10:35 PM   #11
amy329
Registered Users
seller

Re: Willamette Valley Mamas??

I am honestly in desperate need of some new mom friends lol. All of my friends that have kiddos have older children 3 years+ and I would love to introduce my son to other babies around his age. I am also a working mama so my free time is very limited. I have every Thurs,Fri and every other weekend off.

bummin- I see you live in Keizer. That is so close to me! I live in Dallas but work at Salem Hospital, so I am in salem very often.

Have you gals checked out the cd store in covallis? I would love to go check it out sometime and actually see all the dipers on person instead of just buying online.

Just curious what kind of cds do you all use on your Lo's?

We are a huge fan of fitted and pockets.

Advertisement

amy329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:27 PM   #12
travelinmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I live about 30 miles east of Salem. Nice tiny little town.

I'm not cd'ing any babes currently, my youngest pt'd about 6 months ago. I miss all the cute fluff, not the nasty laundry though.
travelinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:00 AM   #13
bumminbeachbabe
Registered Users
seller
seller

I haven't been to the cloth diaper store in Corvallis, but I have to rave about this lil shop I was just up at in Portland. They have carriers that you can try out and even walk around the block in before you purchase. We made a special trip up this last weekend. They also have used clothes and some really neat toys.

amy~ I lived in Dallas at one point! We are in Keizer until the end of this week and then moving back to my childhood home outside of Marion until we find my hubby a new job. This economy is so craptastic! I am in Salem all the time because of school.

We should all try to get a playgroup going. Any ideas on how to go about that ladies? It looks like there are a lot of us with babies in the same age group.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:08 AM   #14
amy329
Registered Users
seller

Oooh I may need to check that place out in Portland. It sounds awesome!

Where is a good place for us all to meet up? It seems that places are limited due to the weather.

I am so excited that most of our babies are around the same age. Sounds like it would be lots of fun.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 02-11-2009, 09:08 AM   #15
BabyLuvinMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Not currently CDing but Going to as soon as the babies get here.
Im right around the corner from you Bummin in Aurora.
BabyLuvinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:16 PM   #16
Knutsonfam
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The childcare I work for does the before and after school care at North Marion Elementary. Small world.

I have been to the store in Corvallis and I like it. The owner is very nice and they have a great return policy. Do you have their info? http://weebunzdiapers.com/index.php

Let's see, I'm in a playgroup right now. We have a yahoo group and plan days and places that way. Winter is kind of tough. On our list of places to meet: MacDonald's, Burger King, the Salem Library discovery room, NW kids Club - which I don't care for personally, the Gilbert House, the Carousel, and Scotty's Playhouse. Oh, and I love Bauman Farms in Gervais - that place is the best! Maybe even my work if it is on a Sat. I work for a childcare in the main center preschool office. We have an indoor gym w/tons of baby play equipment.

It would be fun to have a play date where all the babies have fluffy bums.

Last edited by Knutsonfam; 02-11-2009 at 07:53 PM.
Knutsonfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:13 PM   #17
BabyLuvinMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

well HELLO to a Local CD mama... as I stated I am VERY excited about getting started Now is the hard part WAITING for the babes to come
BabyLuvinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:55 AM   #18
amy329
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knutsonfam View Post
The childcare I work for does the before and after school care at North Marion Elementary. Small world.

I have been to the store in Corvallis and I like it. The owner is very nice and they have a great return policy. Do you have their info? http://weebunzdiapers.com/index.php

Let's see, I'm in a playgroup right now. We have a yahoo group and plan days and places that way. Winter is kind of tough. On our list of places to meet: MacDonald's, Burger King, the Salem Library discovery room, NW kids Club - which I don't care for personally, the Gilbert House, the Carousel, and Scotty's Playhouse. Oh, and I love Bauman Farms in Gervais - that place is the best! Maybe even my work if it is on a Sat. I work for a childcare in the main center preschool office. We have an indoor gym w/tons of baby play equipment.

It would be fun to have a play date where all the babies have fluffy bums.

How old is your LO? Nice to meet you!!! It is a small world isnt it?

I am free every other Sat so Sat's are good with me. What a great list of places that you came up with. I am a FTM so I have never been to any of those places, but would love to. I have not herd very good things about NW Kids club. Its a shame too because I went to the site and it looks pretty cool.

I want to meet other fluffy bum babies!!! LOL Can you tell I am excited about this?
Old 02-12-2009, 01:55 AM   #19
amy329
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyLuvinMama View Post
well HELLO to a Local CD mama... as I stated I am VERY excited about getting started Now is the hard part WAITING for the babes to come
Congrats on your pregnancy! Are you having twins? When are you due?
Old 02-12-2009, 11:29 AM   #20
Sparklebug
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Okay, now I'm super excited about how many local cding mamas are on here! We definitely need to get together. I'm a SAHM, but we've only got one car, so I'm available some Ts/Ths and weekends for the most part. And we're game for anything

Sparklebug is offline   Reply With Quote