Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-04-2009, 02:00 AM   #1
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Back To Basics--Wiggedy-Whack Wednesday

Tip--when you go to the post office, don't leave your debit card at home. Makes it kind of hard to pay for postage.

So, it's 2am and I'm posting and going to bed. First I'm going to try to figure out how to move my quotes to this post like I do by accident on other posts

Advertisement

Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:06 AM   #2
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Back To Basics--Wiggedy-Whack Wednesday

Got it! Woohoo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja*smom View Post
Man it's been a loooooong day here. We spent most of the afternoon in the ER. It's frigid outside as well. Since we didn't make it to the post office yesterday, the kids and I went this morning and ran to walmart for a few things. Get home, I'm nursing the baby, and DS comes and says something about the big teething tablet. His breath was smelly like the way pill bottles smell. He got ahold of one of DH's 100s of different meds (he's a disabled vet and on tons of crap). I spazzed out and called poison control then DH. They told us to keep an eye on him and if he started getting drowsy or acted funny take him straight to ER. Well, to keep him from going to sleep we went to walmart again (and got sposies incase we had to go sit in the ER). DS suddenly lost what little color he had and his eyes started drooping and he could barely keep them open. We rushed him to the ER and luckily we didn't have to sit forever, they got us right in, and his vitals were good. They monitored him for an hour or so and sent us home. He is at work with DH right now watching movies b/c he's been clinging to DH all day. I just want to fall out in the floor and sleep.

WOTB: a sposie, it's been a long day
Eeeeek! I'm so glad he's okay!! Dd got into the Pepto Bismol today but not much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamazluv View Post
i dont have a lot of time... dh doesnt like me to be online much when hes home. but i had to show off....... look what i did. i have done nothing else, but i like it
[IMG][/IMG]
WOW. That is AWESOME. You should see the mess of knots that is supposed to be my project . That looks great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by negrapy View Post

does this mean we are a recognized annoying thread taking up space in diaper chatter
Heck yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Welcome Sarah - LOVE the pic. That was my son today, except he took a big handful of poop, smeared it across his face, and tried to eat it. Thank heavens this is my third child, I think I would have had a coronary if it was my first.

I rarely have poop escape a PF anymore. It has to be terrifically voluminous, or he has to be in the exersaucer, or sit down really hard after a big one - and even then it usually just comes out the top in the back. I think when you really get good with your folds, and especially get good with pins, you can contain almost anything.
Can't breathe... laughing too hard.... That is hilarious.

Oh, and pins rock my socks for poo containment. Finally. Now that I have mastered the pins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katedanzer View Post
Can I join you gals? (and guys, not sure if there are any Daddy's here )

I never thought I would be loving the basics. E is happily enjoying his freedom too

Hi! We did have Dominic on here yesterday, so there may be dads lurking . Glad you found the PF love. A lot of us were shocked into PF love from fancier diapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethannp View Post
Man my head hurts!!!!! I'm off to a bath and then bed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalcindd View Post
In true basica mama fashion, I put all of our fitteds on FSOT. I got so many for DD, thinking I wouldn't be able to hack it with just pfs, but I totally love them as much for her as I do for ds. I can't wait to sell all of them and have an even more simple stash.
Yay! Good luck selling them--most of my simplifying is still sitting on FSOT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Ok, I watched the Dirty Jobs about the diaper service. I just wanted to know what they did different than we do, since their diapers sit for a week in a closed dry pail/bag with their customers.

First, of all, YUCK, most people did not even attempt to plop the poo. And people used them to clean things, etc. so poop was not the only stains to remove. And the smell nearly knocked out the host and crew.

Second, they had industrial machines that used industrial chemicals, but said they were very similar to what we use at home. The machines do *13 WASH CYCLES* to get them clean. But since they are industrial machines, that only takes two hours (600 lbs dry weight at a time). Then half an hour to dry. Goes through a manual quality check, and any stained diapers get washed again, but the percentage looked pretty low to me.

So there you go. If you want to wash once a week, dry pail, and not plop your poop, wash your diapers 13+ times.
13 times????? No wonder the studies with CDs say they use so much water it evens out with sposies. Yuck. 13 washes and chemicals. Bleeeeeeeeh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smaccalaska View Post
Hi, ladies. It's tomorrow most places and I'm just getting to posting my first post of today. I'm so on top of things, aren't I?
LOL
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:07 AM   #3
MStarRising
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragondance View Post
Tip--when you go to the post office, don't leave your debit card at home. Makes it kind of hard to pay for postage.

So, it's 2am and I'm posting and going to bed. First I'm going to try to figure out how to move my quotes to this post like I do by accident on other posts
That is CRAZY!! I almost did the same thing today! I was about to back out of the driveway when I realized my wallet was in the diaper bag in the house!

It's 4am where I am....I so need to go to bed. Blah insomnia!
MStarRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 05:57 AM   #4
mamazluv
You know you want this.........
seller

My Mood:

or when you put the debit card in your pocket at the gas station and forget to put it back.....
Old 02-04-2009, 06:03 AM   #5
mamazluv
You know you want this.........
seller

My Mood:

oh and ive been bitten... i started another one of those in another yarn.... its the patons burgundy/brown one. and i am going to paint some yarn later.... hopefully. i agreed to keep a foster for the day. kind of a babysitting job. only from 830 till 300. i dont mind so much, but with the foster kids, you dont know what you are getting. and thats a lot of hassle just for one day. now i will work with any issues (ok most) long term, but the day thing is just a PITA. all i know is that hes 5 and adhd. sometimes that is an understatement or overstatement. so either this kid is perfectly normal or hell on wheels.....
so prolly not much on here today, i will prolly be watching disney movies, coloring and for me crocheting... now i am thinking maybe i could make my own pattern.... we will see.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:23 AM   #6
maman08
Registered Users
seller

Hi B2B mamas. I probably won't be on much today...family crisis going on and I'm really pretty depressed about the whole thing. Apparently my sister's having a harder time than any of us knew dealing with med school, and walked out on her husband yesterday. We talked to him at like 4 in the afternoon his time and he had no idea where she had gone, when or if she was coming back, and where she was going to spend the night. She's not responding to my mom's text messages or my e-mails. Her DH says she's now taking Zanax, Zoloft, and Aderol (sp?) and has been sleeping like 2 hours a night for weeks now. He's devastated, and none of us had any idea it had gotten this bad, as she hasn't said anything to us and had forbidden him to talk to his family, their friends, or any of us about it. I don't know what to do.

Last edited by maman08; 02-04-2009 at 06:25 AM.
maman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:24 AM   #7
MommyScott
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

morning ladies!! I Think I can chatter today

God hasn't called me to be successful. He's called me to be faithful. - Mother Teresa
MommyScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:29 AM   #8
ja*smom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning. I feel like a walking zombie, so there won't be much going on here today. I'm going to try to catch up with laundry since DD will be in sposies until her new prefolds come, or my parents come with rec blankets for flats from my sister. With her teething and the explosive poop, there's no way 12 diapers will get us through. Some days we go through almost that many before the day's over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maman08 View Post
Hi B2B mamas. I probably won't be on much today...family crisis going on and I'm really pretty depressed about the whole thing. Apparently my sister's having a harder time than any of us knew dealing with med school, and walked out on her husband yesterday. We talked to him at like 4 in the afternoon his time and he had no idea where she had gone, when or if she was coming back, and where she was going to spend the night. She's not responding to my mom's text messages or my e-mails. Her DH says she's now taking Zanax, Zoloft, and Aderol (sp?) and has been sleeping like 2 hours a night for weeks now. I don't know what to do.
Oh Heidi I'm so sorry to hear this. mama and I'll keep your family in my thoughs.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:29 AM   #9
ja*smom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyScott View Post
morning ladies!! I Think I can chatter today

OOMGosh
Old 02-04-2009, 06:30 AM   #10
MommyScott
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by maman08 View Post
Hi B2B mamas. I probably won't be on much today...family crisis going on and I'm really pretty depressed about the whole thing. Apparently my sister's having a harder time than any of us knew dealing with med school, and walked out on her husband yesterday. We talked to him at like 4 in the afternoon his time and he had no idea where she had gone, when or if she was coming back, and where she was going to spend the night. She's not responding to my mom's text messages or my e-mails. Her DH says she's now taking Zanax, Zoloft, and Aderol (sp?) and has been sleeping like 2 hours a night for weeks now. He's devastated, and none of us had any idea it had gotten this bad, as she hasn't said anything to us and had forbidden him to talk to his family, their friends, or any of us about it. I don't know what to do.
oh heidi I am so sorry!

sounds like she's mighty stressed out I will be praying for you and her!

God hasn't called me to be successful. He's called me to be faithful. - Mother Teresa
MommyScott is offline   Reply With Quote