Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-04-2009, 03:27 AM   #1
luvmykeikis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Why Am I Awake BSRB Wednesday

Good morning mamas! Good night for me. It is 12:20 here and for some reason I can't sleep. I think I have visions of wool dancing in my head. Speaking of wool. Here is the link again for the custom slot I am after that stocks at 2 pm HC time. http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.php?id=17804&vid=2177

It is diaper laundry day here. Hopefully there will be some sun today.
Yesterday was gloomy.

Sara posted a nice long email when everyone went to bed last night.

Here's you QOTD. I hope it doesn't offend anyone. I thought it was funny.

QOTD: If you were an exotic dancer what would your stage name be?

Advertisement

Old 02-04-2009, 04:24 AM   #2
madeinjanuary
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Why Am I Awake BSRB Wednesday

morning mamas. well u all know how my nights go these days though tonight wasn't as bad. or maybe I'm soo zonked out that I was just running on autopilot all night. I tried to nurse laying down but milk just got everywhere! I have a very violent letdown that for the most part roan can't keep up with or control the flow yet so he starts to gag and pull away and milk started squirting everywhere haha. I think the whole laying down thing will have to wait til he's a bit older and a better nurser. ryder was the same way.seriously all the wool talk yesterday was making it very hard to be good and stay on the wagon. I started looking at the coop groups I'm part of to see which yarn coops were coming up. I hope I get in on the huckleberry knits one. do u woolie mamas perfer knit or interlock? I only own one interlock and soon to be more once the ones from rainbow waters get here. I have yet to buy knitted bc they were always so out of my price range. now that I started to knit I know why they are priced that way..it takes a good chunk of time to make! and the pooling you encounter sometimes! gah! I'm still trying to figure out how ppl avoid pooling. I've tried the working from both ends or two skeins and while it helped a little it didn't stop the pooling altogether. hmm maybe i'll go ask in the craft chat.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:47 AM   #3
i&a's mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning all. Rough night - Isaac is teething and having much more trouble with it than his brother.

QOTD - Precious Moon

So ladies, any tips for tomorrow? This my first time stalking. I usually just realize after the fact that she stocked and everything's gone.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:53 AM   #4
madeinjanuary
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

allison..i usually have multiple tabs opened to what i want to stalk..turn load images off and f5 to refresh. in that last 30secs i'm usually refreshing like mad with my cursor over where i think the buy it now button usually appears. though lately it's been moving around on me. very irritating! i use to put a lil sticky where the BIN button is on my monitor ;X but the last few times it's been either all the way to the right or left of where it usually is. but if you miss the first one..then you'll atleast know where the BIN button will be for the next one. good luck. and i'm still here to help you tomm if i am around at 7pm.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:57 AM   #5
madeinjanuary
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

megan if i am on my laptop at the time i will help you stalk that slot. i really stink with congo stalking though. i hate that the bin is at the bottom and there is not time showing on the hc page. my computer time is always off by seconds so it's unreliable. plus when i refresh at those last precious seconds it likes to reload it to the top of the stinking page. it's no problem when the bin is at the top but when it's at the bottom..argh..by the time i scroll down there it's sold out. haha. what is the secret to stalking the congos? someone tell me please!
Old 02-04-2009, 06:51 AM   #6
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning all

Tana - nursing laying down takes a bit of work for sure! I had a forceful letdown too so I put a prefold or two down under us to pick up the milk so we aren't soaked

QOTD - I am not sure. I don't really have an alter-ego.

If I am around not much today bare with me. I have a toddler that spiked a 103 degree fever last night and we were up most of the night so I am running on about 2 hours sleep, he was up at 5 she was up at 6 and he still has a 101 degree fever.

It is probably whatever his sister had last week either Rosella or 5th disease. Spike a high fever, 12 hours later it hoovers around 100/101 for 2-3 days then a rash on the trunk....

Now he is just clingy and whiny, like she was...
Old 02-04-2009, 07:16 AM   #7
Jordan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning mamas! I feel like this morning. I felt like this last night too, but I just thought I ate too much. Now idk, I hope I'm not coming down with something.

Meg- I'll try to help you stalk at 2pm.

Tana- I had a really strong letdown too and could never nurse laying down because of it. So I just learned how to sleep sitting up. Oh, and what I do for congo stockings is just open up an additional hc window and refresh in it for the time until the last 5-10 seconds, then x out of it and constantly refresh in the one I'm going after.

Allison- Ditto what Tana said on the stalking tips. It just takes some practice.

So after all the wool talk, you mamas seriously make me want some. I've looked at interlock for a long time, but never broke down and bought any. Where do you like interlock from?

QOTD: I used one of the exotic dancer name generator thingys and my name is Sugar.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:31 AM   #8
mrsdi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning!

Sara--saw that you posted after everyone went to bed last night....hope you're having fun! I will help you stalk the star print. I am helping Jenn with 2 customs.

No buying wool talk today. I jumped off the wagon for that yarn that I really didn't need.

Megan--Sorry you got to bed so late. I didn't get to bed until 12:30 last night myself. I will help you stalk that custom slot today.

Shannon--SS about your DS. I hope he's feeling better soon.

Tana--I have no idea about the pooling. The yarn I'm working with now is pooling soooo badly, and I just gave up. I was using both ends of the skein, and it's still pooling horribly.

Jordan--I only have 2 pair of interlock longies. I have Lapis Leine (bulletproof..nice & thick) and WCW. I love them both. I really want to try one of the double-layer Sbish soakers, but they are out of my price range for now.

Ok, I must go and give C some breakfast. She got up late today.

BBL.

mrsdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:34 AM   #9
mrsdi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, and I forgot to answer the QOTD--I used one of the name generators, too. My name is Skye.

mrsdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:50 AM   #10
starla79
Registered Users
seller

QOTD: Starla.

D was a terror last night... rob got him in bed and he woke up 20 minutes later hungry and decided he didn't want to go back to sleep. So he was up until about 9:45, and then woke up around 10-something to nurse *again*... i gave him some ibuprofin in case it was teething pain (which will make him wakeful at night) and he slept until after 2! And then he slept until 5! And then Rob put him back in the crib around 6 (i fell asleep), and 20 minutes later he was crying... put him back in bed with us and he nursed for about a minute and was back asleep... poor little guy was just cold and missing his nice warm bed with momma. He woke up for good around 7:15 and was a pretty good boy this morning. Maybe he's finally over the hump with this growth spurt. I need to get him weighed, i swear he's put on a pound or two in the last week. So anyway, i managed to get a decent amount of sleep last night, which is a nice change, but boy the evening was hell.

I'm either in meetings or pumping nearly all day long... ugh. Hate it when my day is packed like this and i'm trying to find time to pump too.

Question: Do you all use wool at night? I use thirsties covers and lately i'm getting really frustrated because his pajama bottoms have an elastic waist that rolls into the cover overnight and then it wicks pee up onto his clothes. Sometimes tucking his shirt in helps but the last couple of nights it hasn't and i've had leaks. It's too cold for the wool soakers right now, not without having to put babylegs on him and A) They don't completely cover his legs and B) i'm too lazy for that when i've got perfectly serviceable pajama pants for him. Except for the leaking. AUGH. I don't want to buy interlock longies just for overnight, so what's the best way to prevent this? I don't have this problem during the daytime, but i stuff his night diaper a bit and it makes it thicker and more likely to roll in.
I'm Megan, Rob is my husband, Draven is my boy, born 3/14/08. Expecting #2 in early March. Where have all the BSRBs gone?
starla79 is offline   Reply With Quote